Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Camera Quality

Edited 1630627290
Around 2016 the camera quality was superb. Later it was reduced in quality to help performance (which is totally understandable, we all want the game to perform as best as it can first and foremost).  My suggestion is having an option available to change camera video quality. I understand some users don't have great internet, that other cameras running at 60fps/1080p could spell disaster. So why not have an option for those users to lower other participants camera qualities on their end at will? I only say this as during the pandemic, around the world, it's nice seeing faces to characters for those that want to but also not 3 seconds behind their words if you follow me.  p.s. For anyone questioning that the camera lag would be on the user end, I have responses from a few years ago about camera issues stating they purposefully lowered the quality as well as twitch/youtube clips of how good  they really were earlier on in Roll20. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .