Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can I edit this text somehow?

I'm playing around with creating/modifying NPCs using the 5e OGL sheet, and I'm wondering if this text is editable somehow: Legendary Actions The  Adult White Dragon  can take  3  legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The  Adult White Dragon  regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn. I can't seem to find where it comes from, exactly.  If I put a number in the Legendary Actions space, I can make that text appear, but where does it come from?  It's a small thing, but if I name my Adult White Dragon something unique like Bob The Dragon, the Legendary action text will read "The Bob The Dragon can take 3 legendary actions..." and I would like to edit that so it just reads "Bob The Dragon can take..." Is that possible or is that particular text magically warded in some way?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Unfortunately, it's a template that simply injects the attribute values into the sentence.
Cool, good to know.  I can stop digging at least ;)
When you  put a number in the Legendary Actions space, it's adjusting an attribute named ' npc_legendary_actions', which you can also manually edit on the Attributes & Abilities tab.  Just below there there is a field called 'npc_legendary_actions_desc' which will have the default text... but this isn't what's used on the Character Sheet tab description text. The description text on the NPC sheet is hard coded and uses two references from the Attributes and Abilities tab: "The npc_name  can take  npc_legendary_actions  legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The  npc_name  regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn."  So you can replace either of those fields and have it show up in the description text on the Character Sheet tab. Why it doesn't use the ' npc_legendary_actions_desc field'... I have no idea.  I have a feeling the setup is a holdover from much earlier versions of the 5E character sheet. I haven't seen anywhere that is even referenced on a roll either.    Are you seeing the description text showing up anywhere in rolls in the actual chat?  
Jarren said: Are you seeing the description text showing up anywhere in rolls in the actual chat?   No, just in the character sheet.  Not a big deal, just my picky brain worrying about tiny details.