Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player Journal Organization

I tried searching but I'm not finding anything about this, so either I'm not looking correctly or it hasn't been asked. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to let the players organize their journals themselves? I give a lot of handouts for items and loot, and it's a lot to handle sometimes, it would be nice if they could reorder things within folders to their own liking. But every time I've been a player, I know it didn't seem like I had the option to move things around myself. Is there a setting for this anywhere or am I just out of luck?

Edited 1630696193
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Players won't be able to organize things in the journal, no.  That is GM territory.  However, if you are creating individual handouts for things, you could create an index with links to all the individual items.  Players can arrange the index, arrange them by player, item type, or whatever, and then you could archive all the individual handouts.  You may wish to keep your own copy of the ongoing index in the GM notes section in case the players delete something they shouldn't, so that you can easily copy/paste missing entries back in.