Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Paid Gig: Macro (or API?) Creation -- Modified Initiative Rolling

Hi hi! First, if this is in the wrong spot, 1,000 apologies and please remove this or ask me to and I will right away! Next, I'm looking for some help porting my oddly-specific init system into Roll20, and I recognize that this would take skills I don't have, so I'm happy to pay for this. I don't know if what I can afford will end up making it worth it to anyone to do, but I'm happy to explore. I don't think I can justify putting more than $200.00 US into this, so please feel free to tell me if I'm way off base in hoping someone might do this work for that amount! A friend and I once spent way too many hours building out this system in a google sheet, so I have the basics of a model thought out, I just don't have the skills or experience to build it in Roll20 (though I can read code and a lifetime ago did a bunch of coding in a dinosaur language). Here are the basics of the init system: Both Wisdom and Dex modifiers are added to init. Dex mod is added again every successive round. If init score gets above 25, you go once at the top of the round and once at [initScore] - 20, with the lower score becoming your new init for calculating future round inits If init score gets below 1 (negative Dex mod), you don't go that turn, going the next turn at [initScore] + 20. No worries if the init score has to still be displayed as a negative number.) Nat 20/Nat 1 gets and "Adv/Disadv" maker thrown on it for the first round. So... please let me know if this is in the wrong spot, if you think this is so underpaid that I should yank it, or if you might be interested! Thanks for checking it out! -- Jeremy PS: No need for getting into whether or not this is a good init system! I've been down that path and don't want to take up this space with that discussion!!     
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Most likely this isn't something that can be handled by a chat roll or macro.  I expect this batch of mechanics will only be able to be handled through use of the api, which is available to you as a pro subscriber.  You might want to post in the api forum if you don't get much of a response here.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's definitely an API solution.
Thanks so much, y'all. I'll post in the API forum.