Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e "Must Have" Macros, APIs, addons, etc.

Edited 1631482933
Hi all, So, I'm about to start a new 5e campaign. I've enjoyed in the past looking through many different threads suggesting "go to" or "must have" macros and APIs, but it seems like it's been quite a while since any such thread was created. I'm sure many new scripts and so on have been created since then, or perhaps things have changed with the switch in lighting, etc. Any thoughts on "must have" tweaks for 5e games? Also, anyone have a favorite recommendation for 5e token sets? Most of the free ones I've found so far I haven't found very intuitive. Leaning towards buying Keith Curtis' set (<a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/markerset/5135/easy-to-read-token-markers" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/markerset/5135/easy-to-read-token-markers</a>). Thanks!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Keith's set is great and so is he. =D Some scripts you might want to check out: TokenMod -- pretty much automated stuff all the things you'd want to do with tokens.&nbsp; GroupInitiative -- roll initiative for all your tokens in one go.&nbsp; Bump -- move and manipulate your hidden tokens from the objects layer or the GM layer.&nbsp; UDLWindows -- make walls that block movement but not sight.&nbsp; UDLPasswall -- make walls that block sight but not movement.&nbsp; RecursiveTable-- make rollable tables that roll through all the sub tables.&nbsp; UniversalVTTImporter -- if you're using DungeonDraft to make maps, import they're light and walls.&nbsp;
Awesome, thanks The Aaron. TokenMod and GroupInitiative I'm already familiar with. Need to look into the other ones. Regarding UniversalVTTImporter, in the past I've been creating the maps in DD and the lighting in Roll20. With this tool, is it wiser to create the lighting in Dungeon Draft?

Edited 1631487806
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It certainly saves you time. You get the walls for free that way. You could always pull in the walls and do the lights in Roll20.&nbsp;
Great, I'll give that a try!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'll throw Door Knocker in the pile for handling opening/closing doors. It even does windows natively as well (although, I need to add to the cool blue marker for the window location that Aaron has in UDLWindows.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'd throw in Token Action Maker if you are using the&nbsp;D&amp;D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet. Makes a full set of token action buttons for any selected character.
Leaning towards buying Keith Curtis' set ( <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/markerset/5135/easy-to-read-token-markers" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/markerset/5135/easy-to-read-token-markers</a> ). I would also recommend another Keith Curtis set, Easy to Read Token Action Letters and Numbers: <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/markerset/5253/token-markers-letters-and-numbers" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/markerset/5253/token-markers-letters-and-numbers</a> I swear he's not paying me a commission: it's just the token marker set I've found the most useful so far.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Here's my standard blurb on popular and/or recommended api scripts.
Surok
Roll20 Production Team
Combat Master - great for automating many aspects of combat, initiative and status effects which give a summery of the effect. Group Check with Apply Damage - rolls saves for multiple npcs at the same time. Good for area of effect spells. Paired with Apply Damage it can apply the damage across all the tokens like say a fireball. Concentration - applies a token marker automatically if a character casts a concentration spell and&nbsp;automatically rolls the concentration save with bonuses and adjusted DC based on damage done. Token Action Maker - Makes macros for token actions, less need to keep a character sheet open at all times. Aura Tint and Health Colors - puts a aura around each token denoting their relative health, green being full or near full health then to yellow then red to nearly dead. Will cause blood to spurt out if the token is damage and a green effect if healed. Will apply an "X" marker if dead and optionally add a death sound effect.
This is most of the 5E specific scripts I use and would recommend. GroupInitiative - Rolling multiple initiative rolls for a group at the same time is great 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion - If using the Roll20 sheet, this is a must-have 5E Resting in Style - Assists with Short/Long Rests TokenMod - Modifying tokens via the API, very useful Welcome Package - Creates characters sheets for players as they log in. Essential IMO Token Action Maker - Generates macro buttons for tokens. Props to Kieth on this, saves me infinite time GroupCheck - Make checks for a whole group, amazing stuff (I use this alongside a script called ApplyDamage to make checks and apply damage, but that isn't inbuilt to the roll20 scripts) Initiative Tracker Plus - Used for handling initiative and status effects.&nbsp;
Thanks everyone. Have a lot of playing around to do! :)
Hey Aaron, I have a TokenMod question. I'm poring through the documentation for TokenMod, and it's . . . overwhelming. And the thread on TokenMod has been closed, and has 32 pages of replies. I guess I'm struggling to understand, in a typical 5e campaign, what might be some typical uses of TokenMod? Like, are there some really common problems that TokenMod can solve? Thanks!
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Steven B. said: I guess I'm struggling to understand, in a typical 5e campaign, what might be some typical uses of TokenMod? Like, are there some really common problems that TokenMod can solve? Do you ever change vision on pc tokens?&nbsp; Do you ever add, remove, or change light sources?&nbsp; Do you ever start with token names hidden and then show them later?&nbsp; Do you ever apply token markers? TokenMod can do all of those things (and more).&nbsp; It can also do those things to all the tokens you have selected simultaneously.&nbsp; Those are a few things I use it for, though I don't play 5E.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Basically, almost anything you do to a token manually can be automated. And check the last page of the token-mod thread. Only the pages older than three months close. You should be able to post specific questions from the last page.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yup. Letting players set markers on foes for Hunter's Mark or Evil Eye. Setting my own default settings for tokens (how I want bars positioned linked, name permissions, etc). Switching which side is shown on a rollable table token, setting the default token. Lots of things.&nbsp;
So, this is probably a really dumb question, but in the "thick of things," how do you use tokenmod to do stuff like that if you're not familiar with all of the command line syntax for exactly what you want to do? Or is this mainly a "set things up in advance" kind of thing?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I typically create several macros for actions that I tend to do a lot in a game. Then use those. Anything that I don't do often enough to macro, I just manually do.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Tokenmod can be used on-the-fly usually to fix an unexpected problem, but it does require being used to the syntax. Mostly it's a set up ahead of time kind of thing. Here is an example of a Vision and Light Macro you can use to quickly change DL settings on a selected token: /w gm &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname=Vision and Light}}{{description=**Vision** [On](!token-mod --set has_bright_light_vision|on has_night_vision|on light_angle|360) | [Off](!token-mod --set has_bright_light_vision|off has_night_vision|off light_angle|360) | [GM](!token-mod --set has_bright_light_vision|on has_night_vision|on night_vision_distance|10 light_angle|360) [Touch](!token-mod --set has_bright_light_vision|on has_night_vision|on night_vision_distance|5 light_angle|360) | [Blindfighting](!token-mod --set has_bright_light_vision|on has_night_vision|on night_vision_distance|10 light_angle|360) [Darkvision](!token-mod --set has_bright_light_vision|on has_night_vision|on night_vision_distance|60 light_angle|360 night_vision_effect|nocturnal) | [DV90](!token-mod --set has_bright_light_vision|on has_night_vision|on night_vision_distance|90 light_angle|360 night_vision_effect|nocturnal) | [DV120](!token-mod --set has_bright_light_vision|on has_night_vision|on night_vision_distance|120 light_angle|360 night_vision_effect|nocturnal) | [DV off](!token-mod --set has_bright_light_vision|on has_night_vision|off night_vision_distance|0 light_angle|360) **Light** [Off](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|off emits_low_light|off light_angle|360) | [On](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on light_angle|360) | [Spot](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on bright_light_distance|5 low_light_distance|0 light_angle|360) | [Candle](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|2 low_light_distance|5 light_angle|360) | [Lamp](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|15 low_light_distance|15 light_angle|360) | [Torch](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|20 low_light_distance|20 light_angle|360) [Hooded Lantern](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|30 low_light_distance|30 light_angle|360) | [Bullseye Lantern](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|60 low_light_distance|60 light_angle|90) [*Light*](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|20 low_light_distance|20 light_angle|360) | [*Daylight*](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|60 low_light_distance|60 light_angle|360) | [*Dancing*](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|off emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|0 low_light_distance|10 light_angle|360) | [*Faerie Fire*](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|off emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|0 low_light_distance|10 statusmarkers|purple light_angle|360) [*Gem of Brightness*](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|30 low_light_distance|30 light_angle|360)}} It makes this:
OK, cool! Thanks (as always) Keith. (Also, I just "splurged" on your easy to read token set. :D ) Along these lines, most of this has been about APIs, but I'm curious, as DMs, what macros do you guys have set up as "must haves"?

Edited 1632236784
For me, TokenMod is the most essential API in Roll20 because of all the "stuff" you can use it to do on the tabletop (nearly every image/item placed on the TT is a "token" from the standpoint of the API, so you can use it to manipulate anything). It's valuable for all phases of the game (e.g. GM prep, gameplay mechanics and upkeep). I'm using fewer GM macros than I used to, as the character sheets have improved and my players have become more self-sufficient. But my macros are usually designed to speed up gameplay by automating the game transitions that can bog down play (e.g. upkeep, initiative) or to automate tabletop game states I use a lot (think status markers or to quickly drop specific icons on the map). I also have macros set up for certain standard GM things to add flair (e.g. a GM roll emote) or standardized chat post to create searchable reference points in the chat history (e.g. an "Adventure Details" macro for important area descriptions or quotes with key plot points from NPCs). I set them with certain templates so they stand out visually in the chat, making them easier to find and harder to miss. However, beware that the ease of macros and ingeniousness of API can lure you into adding distracting nonsense to your games, because you feel clever and it's so fun to set them up. Macros and API can also be a GM trap, where you get lost tuning the perfect light source (I am in macro-api-addiction recovery). Here's a couple examples of macro setups I use as a GM: GM Roll: /desc The GM rolls some dice behind a screen... Unusually ominous clackity-clack sounds catch your attention. /w gm The Roll is: [[1d20]] Adventure Details Macro: &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname= Adventure Details}} {{name= For Your Edification }} {{description= ?{Description Text?|Enter text} }} *this macro opens a text box I can cut/paste prepared copy into or simply type into, where the idea is to set it in a template for chat output..
Does anyone have any other major token mod macros?
Dodo said: Does anyone have any other major token mod macros? Here's one I use to move dead NPCs between the object layer and map layer (so that I don't keep clicking on them accidentally, but they stay visible for the players). ☠️ !?{Dead or Alive?|Dead,--order tofront --set layer#map --report gm#"{name&amp;#125; is dead"|Alive,--order tofront --set layer#objects --report gm#"{name&amp;#125; is alive"} !token-mod ?{Dead or Alive?|Dead|Alive} Here's what I use to set up 'mook' NPC tokens (also using ChatSetAttr): !?{GM Notes Name?|@{selected|character_name}} !?{Token Name?|@{selected|character_name}} !?{Add Number?|Yes, %%NUM%%|No,""} !?{Darkvision?|Yes,has_night_vision|No,} !?{Darkvision Distance?|60} !?{Size?|Medium/Small,1|Large,2|Tiny,0.5|Huge,3|Gargantuan,4} !?{Passive Perception?|@{selected|passive_wisdom}} !token-mod {{ --on showname showplayers_name showplayers_aura1 ?{Darkvision?} --off playersedit_name playersedit_bar1 playersedit_bar2 playersedit_bar3 playersedit_aura1 playersedit_aura2 showplayers_bar1 showplayers_bar2 showplayers_bar3 showplayers_aura2 --set name|"?{Token Name?} ?{Add Number?}" controlledby|= bar1_link|&nbsp; bar2_link|npc_ac bar2_max|&nbsp; bar3_link|passive_wisdom bar3_max|&nbsp; bar3_current|?{Passive Perception?} aura2_color|#0000ff night_vision_distance|?{Darkvision Distance?} scale|?{Size?}u bar_location|overlap_bottom compact_bar|on }} !setattr {{ &nbsp; --silent &nbsp; --sel &nbsp; --replace &nbsp; --hp|'' &nbsp; --advantagetoggle|'{{query=1}} {{normal=1}} {{r2=\lbrak\lbrak0d20' &nbsp; --rtype|'\at{advantagetoggle}' &nbsp; --wtype|\ques{Whisper\ques\|Public Roll,\|Whisper Roll,/w gm }|&nbsp; &nbsp; --npc_name|\at{selected\|token_name} }} !delattr {{ &nbsp; --silent &nbsp; --sel&nbsp; &nbsp; --npc_name_flag&nbsp; &nbsp; --dtype }} !set-gmnote Token Name: ?{GM Notes Name?} !wself Mook Token Full Setup for @{selected|character_name} If player controls ever get screwed up for some reason, I have a macro for resetting all my player's tokens (manually enter character and player names): !token-mod {{ --ids @{CHARACTER1|character_id} --set controlledby|+PLAYER1 }} !token-mod {{ --ids @{CHARACTER2|character_id} --set controlledby|+PLAYER2 }} !token-mod {{ --ids @{CHARACTER3|character_id} --set controlledby|+PLAYER3 }} !token-mod {{ --ids @{CHARACTER4|character_id} --set controlledby|+PLAYER4 }} !token-mod {{ --ids @{CHARACTER5|character_id} --set controlledby|+PLAYER5 }} /w gm PC token control has been reset to players
@Jarren thank you!
I'm looking for a turn countdown macro and really struggling. I am not technical whatsoever. Ideas?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Do you mean just an entry in the Turn Order that starts at some number and counts down?&nbsp; Check out AddCustomTurn in the 1-click: !act -1 10 --after --Tim's Bless Spell
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Steven B. said: Hey Aaron, I have a TokenMod question. I'm poring through the documentation for TokenMod, and it's . . . overwhelming. And the thread on TokenMod has been closed, and has 32 pages of replies. I guess I'm struggling to understand, in a typical 5e campaign, what might be some typical uses of TokenMod? Like, are there some really common problems that TokenMod can solve? Thanks! I love TokenMod for assisting me in setting tokens up.&nbsp; I have a specific look that I want for tokens, stuff on bars, light settings, sizes.&nbsp; I set up a few macros, 'set-token-size-normal', 'set-token-bars-dnd' and the like and I'm good to go.
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Lord Low said: I'm looking for a turn countdown macro and really struggling. I am not technical whatsoever. Ideas? First, make a rollable token with all of the numbers you want to show, or each of the graphics you want to show. Then there are several macros you'll want to make.&nbsp; For example, a simple rollable token that displays "10", "9", "8"..."2", "1", "BOOM!".&nbsp; Oh, and I name things in a way that helps me know what they are all about. Display-Token-ID &amp;{template:default} {{name=**Token Name &amp; ID**}} {{**Token ID**= @{selected|token_id} }} That displays for you a token's specific id number on one specific page.&nbsp; This is really useful when you want to apply the same change to a number of tokens that are scattered across a number of pages. My example count down is from a space game, and I wanted to keep track of how much air the players had left.&nbsp; Before I would count down, I wanted to set the remaining air to a known number.&nbsp; Yep, another macro! And this one uses the Token ID found previously: Air-Reset !token-mod --set currentside|0 --ids -Ma9JLHYHcevwNsTRkdS -Ma0Swb0rBHPPpShK19g -MaBW4BsnjXcMNkVXGRs -Ma0VQ0gm9E5erR9CB49 -Ma0VdXeA9-we735AYVc Note that the default behavior with or without an -ids option is to apply to any selected tokens. Now that we're at a known state across all of the pages, we need a way to count down. Note that we're only counting down in that the image showed to the players is going from "10" to "BOOM!" We are actually stepping forward from the zero index. Yep, another macro! Air-Used !token-mod --set currentside|?+ --ids -Ma9JLHYHcevwNsTRkdS -Ma0Swb0rBHPPpShK19g -MaBW4BsnjXcMNkVXGRs -Ma0VQ0gm9E5erR9CB49 -Ma0VdXeA9-we735AYVc And that's it, a nifty count down timer that is kept consistent across all pages. Oh, and for fun, here are two more macros that function slightly differently. Their explanation is left as an exercise for the reader. Day-Reset !token-mod --set currentside|?{Which Day?|2} --ids -Ma9JLHYHcevwNsTRkdS -Ma0Swb0rBHPPpShK19g -MaBW4BsnjXcMNkVXGRs -Ma0VQ0gm9E5erR9CB49 -Ma0VdXeA9-we735AYVc Day-Next !token-mod --set currentside|+ --ids -Ma9JLHYHcevwNsTRkdS -Ma0Swb0rBHPPpShK19g -MaBW4BsnjXcMNkVXGRs -Ma0VQ0gm9E5erR9CB49 -Ma0VdXeA9-we735AYVc
Unsure if something like this has been posted before, but I made a nice macro for selectin tokens placed by an existing module and updating them immediately for use with Aaron's MonsterHitDice and TokenNameNumber script !token-mod --set name|"?{Name|} %%NUMBERED%%" !tnn --renumber !mhd
Just bought Keith Curtis' set after seeing it listed here - looks fantastic and I can't wait to get it into play next week.&nbsp; Is there a way to make it compatible with the Concentration API Script? When I go to the config page, it only lists the default markers. I even removed the default markers from the game, and it still only lists them.&nbsp;

Edited 1642177303
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hey Rory! Concentration was written before custom token markers were a thing, but it's an easy fix to make. I use a version of the Concentration script posted below. Line 2 is the one that needs the change.&nbsp; You need the full tag for the token marker (the one I have listed here won't work--they are unique to each user). The easiest way to get these is to call up the help function of Token-mod, which will list them all in a big block. Mine is "Concentrating::35390", yours will have a different number. Also check the bar assignments, we may have different configs. on('ready', () =&gt; { const TOKEN_CONCENTRATING_STATUS_MARKER = "status_" + "Concentrating::35390"; on("change:graphic:bar1_value", function(obj, prev) { &nbsp; &nbsp; if (obj.get(TOKEN_CONCENTRATING_STATUS_MARKER)) { &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; log ("status marker is " + obj.get(TOKEN_CONCENTRATING_STATUS_MARKER)); &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; //let playerPage = Campaign().get("playerpageid"); &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; //let tokenPage = obj.get("_pageid"); &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; if (prev["bar1_value"] &gt; obj.get("bar1_value")) { &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; let final_conc_DC = 10; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; let calc_conc_DC = (prev["bar1_value"] - obj.get("bar1_value")) / 2; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; if (calc_conc_DC &gt; final_conc_DC) { &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; final_conc_DC = Math.floor(calc_conc_DC); &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; } &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; let tokenName = obj.get("name"); &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; let theMessage = "/w gm &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname=Concentration Check "+tokenName+"}} {{name="+tokenName+"}} {{description=[DC " +final_conc_DC + " Constitution](~selected|constitution_save)"+ "&amp;#10;" +"*[Toggle Concentration Marker](!token-mod --sel --set statusmarkers|!Concentrating)*}}"; sendChat("Concentration",theMessage );&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; } &nbsp; &nbsp; } });
Fantastic, thanks! And, since I have the opportunity here, thanks for making my life as a DM easier for years now!
im trying to make a macro to go to a menu thing where you select what you want to roll CHR WIS DEX STR INT CON then it will roll the characters savings throw, how do i do so, what i have so far !?{savings throws|CHR,I roll CHR|WIS,I roll WIS|INT,I roll INT|CON,I roll CON|DEX,I roll DEX|STR,I roll STR} /ooc Which option did I choose? /ooc ?{savings throws} can someone tell me how it could roll and not just say (I roll CHR) i tried everything i could think of
RomanManatee613 said: im trying to make a macro to go to a menu thing where you select what you want to roll CHR WIS DEX STR INT CON then it will roll the characters savings throw, how do i do so, what i have so far !?{savings throws|CHR,I roll CHR|WIS,I roll WIS|INT,I roll INT|CON,I roll CON|DEX,I roll DEX|STR,I roll STR} /ooc Which option did I choose? /ooc ?{savings throws} can someone tell me how it could roll and not just say (I roll CHR) i tried everything i could think of You need to tell us what sheet you are using as every game system sheet uses its own attribute names.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1642780232
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
RomanManatee613 said: im trying to make a macro to go to a menu thing where you select what you want to roll CHR WIS DEX STR INT CON then it will roll the characters savings throw, how do i do so, what i have so far Hi Roman! It would be best to post this in its own thread (along with the sheet name, as DM Eddie suggests). This thread is for recommending API scripts, macros, add-ons, etc.
Jarren said: Dodo said: Does anyone have any other major token mod macros? Here's one I use to move dead NPCs between the object layer and map layer (so that I don't keep clicking on them accidentally, but they stay visible for the players). ☠️ !?{Dead or Alive?|Dead,--order tofront --set layer#map --report gm#"{name&amp;#125; is dead"|Alive,--order tofront --set layer#objects --report gm#"{name&amp;#125; is alive"} !token-mod ?{Dead or Alive?|Dead|Alive} Has anyone else gotten this to work?&nbsp; When I try it I get a box to type in a variable but nothing else.

Edited 1643144610
Ebolson said: Jarren said: Dodo said: Does anyone have any other major token mod macros? Here's one I use to move dead NPCs between the object layer and map layer (so that I don't keep clicking on them accidentally, but they stay visible for the players). ☠️ !?{Dead or Alive?|Dead,--order tofront --set layer#map --report gm#"{name&amp;#125; is dead"|Alive,--order tofront --set layer#objects --report gm#"{name&amp;#125; is alive"} !token-mod ?{Dead or Alive?|Dead|Alive} Has anyone else gotten this to work?&nbsp; When I try it I get a box to type in a variable but nothing else. If you are using this as a collection macro, as soon as you close it and reopen it the ‘&amp;#125;’ will be parsed into a right brace ‘}’ and the macro will break. I have mine saved on a macro mule character that is called with a collection macro.&nbsp;
I've made manual roll in template. Choose token, choose ability/attribute, insert roll1 and roll2 then it will apply bonuses/mods. Make sure to save this one for later on pc. Because &amp;#93; and &amp;#125; will change to "]" and "}" and that will make code not work. If you enter this code edit in macro sheet make sure to replace it with the one i've sent ya. ?{Ability|Initiative, &amp;{template:simple&amp;#125; {{rname=Initiative&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{mod=@{selected|initiative_bonus}&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{r1=[[?{Roll1&amp;#125;+@{selected|initiative_bonus}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{always=1 &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r2=[[?{Roll2&amp;#125;+@{selected|initiative_bonus}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{charname=@{selected|character_name}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; | Strength, &amp;{template:simple&amp;#125; {{rname=Strength&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{mod=@{selected|strength_mod}&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{r1=[[?{Roll1&amp;#125;+@{selected|strength_mod}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{always=1 &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r2=[[?{Roll2&amp;#125;+@{selected|strength_mod}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{charname=@{selected|character_name}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; | Dexterity, &amp;{template:simple&amp;#125; {{rname=Dexterity&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{mod=@{selected|dexterity_mod}&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{r1=[[?{Roll1&amp;#125;+@{selected|dexterity_mod}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{always=1 &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r2=[[?{Roll2&amp;#125;+@{selected|dexterity_mod}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{charname=@{selected|character_name}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; |Constitution, &amp;{template:simple&amp;#125; {{rname=Constitution&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{mod=@{selected|constitution_mod}&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{r1=[[?{Roll1&amp;#125;+@{selected|constitution_mod}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{always=1 &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r2=[[?{Roll2&amp;#125;+@{selected|constitution_mod}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{charname=@{selected|character_name}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; | Intelligence, &amp;{template:simple&amp;#125; {{rname=Intelligence&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{mod=@{selected|intelligence_mod}&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{r1=[[?{Roll1&amp;#125;+@{selected|intelligence_mod}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{always=1 &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r2=[[?{Roll2&amp;#125;+@{selected|intelligence_mod}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{charname=@{selected|character_name}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; | Wisdom, &amp;{template:simple&amp;#125; {{rname=Wisdom&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{mod=@{selected|wisdom_mod}&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{r1=[[?{Roll1&amp;#125;+@{selected|wisdom_mod}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{always=1 &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r2=[[?{Roll2&amp;#125;+@{selected|wisdom_mod}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{charname=@{selected|character_name}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; | Charisma, &amp;{template:simple&amp;#125; {{rname=Charisma&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{mod=@{selected|charisma_mod}&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{r1=[[?{Roll1&amp;#125;+@{selected|charisma_mod}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{always=1 &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r2=[[?{Roll2&amp;#125;+@{selected|charisma_mod}&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{charname=@{selected|character_name}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; }
I made a small series of macros to obscure monster token names but still allow for some way to identify which token players are referring to in conversation and in the turn tracker by leveraging TokenMod and TokenNameNumber. Set Alias: !token-mod --set name|%%NUMBERED%% !tnn --renumber Reveal Named Character: !token-mod --set name|"@{selected|character_name}" Reveal Monster: (this keeps the already established number and inserts it after the monster name - i.e. Skeleton 2) !token-mod --set name|"@{selected|character_name} @{selected|token_name}" My full token set up macro: !token-mod {{ --set bar3|[[@{selected|npc_hpformula}]] bar_location|overlap_bottom bar2_current|[[@{selected|npc_speed}]] bar1_current|[[@{selected|npc_ac}]] showplayers_bar3|no --off has_bright_light_vision --off emits_bright_light --set name|%%NUMBERED%% --off showplayers_name }} !tnn --renumber Then my combat start macro: !group-init !token-mod {{ --set showplayers_bar3|yes --on showplayers_name }}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's pretty clever, Rory!
suadiennuochanoi said: I guess I'm struggling to understand, in a typical 5e campaign, what might be some typical uses of TokenMod? The bots get cleverer and cleverer. Looks like a valid question until you look at the profile.