Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [D&D 5E] [FREE] Experienced DM starting Homebrew D&D 5E Campaign. 18+ Twice a month. LGBTQIA+ Friendly

Two nations are on the brink of war. Dark forces are working behind the scenes to ensure that peace is not an option. The innocent caught in the middle are crying out for Heroes. The actions that the players take will determine the future of all involved. Searching for 3-5 more players. Please be 18+ and mature. This is an 18+ game. There will be adult language, violence, realistic NPC jerks, horror elements, and Fading to Black is mandatory. If there is something that you are Not 100% comfortable with, please let me know after you are accepted. I will not be excluding anyone from consideration for this reason. New player friendly, willing to put in place safety/comfort measures for players. LGBTQ+ are welcome. If you are uncomfortable with this, please do not apply. There will be no tolerance for being rude. Disrespect towards ANY player for ANY reason is unacceptable. I am open to discussing boundaries in games however I do have Hard Boundaries listed below. HARD BOUNDARIES: No murder hobos. This is not Skyrim/GTA No main character syndrome. No erotic Role Play. No Rape or Sexual Harrassment, ever under any circumstances. No D&D is better than bad D&D. Using the excuse “It’s what my character would do” will not be tolerated. No Sex Slavery No Pedophilia No Hate Speech No Racism No Transphobia No Homophobia IDEAL PLAYERS ARE: 1. A Player that is willing to prioritize this game in their monthly schedule reasonably. If you are unable to attend a session due to scheduling conflicts please let the DM know as soon as possible. 2. A player willing to put in the effort to come up with a character backstory and work with the DM to create a story that the whole party can enjoy.  3. Be willing to develop real characters and real relationships. I love character interaction and development. 4. Not a rules lawyer. You may ask clarifying questions, but the DM has the final say at the end of the day. If he wants to allow or disallow something (for a good reason), He can. ABOUT THE GAME: -This game can be broken down to 65% Role Play 30% combat 5% traps/puzzles -The game’s start date is TBD but I do plan on starting in Early to Mid-November. -The games will be held on Sundays starting at 5pm PST for 3-4 hour length sessions. -Audio via Discord. Maps via Roll20. CHARACTER CREATION: Choose any non-homebrew player race Choose any non-homebrew player class Roll for stats using D&D Beyond Start at Level 3 +1 Feat Characters can be built using any of the following books. If a build option says to consult your DM, please check first. Additional information, including minor house rules (e.g. stats, equipment), will be sent out with invites. Baldur's Gate: Descent Into Avernus (backgrounds) Curse of Strahd (backgrounds) Ghosts of Saltmarsh (backgrounds) Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes (races) Player's Handbook (races/classes/backgrounds/feats/spells) Princes of the Apocalypse (races) Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide (races/classes/backgrounds) Tasha's Cauldron of Everything (races/classes/feats/spells) Tomb of Annihilation (backgrounds)  Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft (races/classes/backgrounds) Volo's Guide to Monsters (races) Xanathar's Guide to Everything (classes/feats/spells) Unearthed Arcana (races/classes/feats/spells/backgrounds) APPLICATION PROCESS: 1. If you would like to apply to this game, please fill out the application below and feel free to be detailed. 2. If your application is detailed, I will contact you & will schedule a time to speak over discord and to see if you would be a good fit. 3. The application will remain open until November 1st.  Have a character concept ready before finishing the form below. Player Name & Pronouns: Age: Optional Discord name and number: Character Name: Race: Class/subclass: Feat: Background: Personality: Ideals: flaws: Backstory: Why are you excited to play this character: Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: Anything else you think I should know about you: Comments/questions you have for me: p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px Helvetica}
Age: 29 Discord name and number: TheHitBoxHero#4892 Character Name: Berenthul Windmane Race: Leonin Class/subclass: monk Feat: Athlete Background: not sure the difference between this and backstory Personality: Loner type who doesn't trust easy, quick tempered but able to be calm when he recalls training and his master. Longs for family. Ideals: Honor and control are everything flaws: struggles to stay calm in the face of atrocities and evil, doesn't trust easy despite longing for a family Backstory: Trained by clan of leonin who yearned to harness and control their primal rage and ferocity the clan is destroyed by unknown hunters burning down their monastery leaving one small leonin cub alive. Forced as child to live in exile Berenthul battles with an internal struggle between wanting vengence through embracing his internal rage, and trying to honor the teachings and disciplines taught by his family. Why are you excited to play this character: I love the idea of a fighting lion and a character with internal conflict that can play out and resolve through relationships formed. Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: as of now available every sunday after 4pm PST I am in united states so thats 7pm est for me. Anything else you think I should know about you: I am a nurse who works night shift and with covid there is always a possibility for my schedule to get a little crazy but im committed to moving things around to make every session even if it means loosing sleep. In this crazy world i work and live in Im really excited for a chance to escape and be somewhere else for a bit. Comments/questions you have for me:
Player Name & Pronouns: Mickey, he/him Age: 21 Optional Discord name and number: Shroom#1587 Character Name: Marco Kilgrave Race: Half-Elf (High) Class/Subclass: Fighter Lvl. 3. I am going for a warrior-wizard that is more than an Eldritch Knight and can still be a frontline, so multiclassing into Wizard sometime would be cool if that is allowed. Feat: Tough. Background: Not too sure. I am stuck between Folk Hero, Soldier, and Outlander. Personality: Calculating, methodical, but easy to anger. Wants things to go near-perfectly, gets caught up on the details of situations. Ideals: Friendship is ideal for life. Never go into a situation without any information; you're asking to be made a fool. Flaws: Anger is a fallback for when I fail to do something perfectly. I lash out at myself and depreciate myself for not thinking of how to do things better. Backstory: I (Marco Kilgrave) have been scouring the lands far away from my home. I have desired to get away from the noble courts, imperialistic military, and crass scholars of my country in a search to find more to life. I desire knowledge, above all else, and pride myself on knowing anything about a topic that I am given, though I can be terrible with my tonality and speech. While I have been on a pathless journey, I am not wandering aimlessly. Rumors and legends have brought me closer and closer to an ancient relic that could give me the knowledge of any scholar that has ever existed known as the " Mindtome ." I desire this artifact greatly, for it could make me a great tactician, a great warrior-wizard, and possibly a great advisor. I secretly desire a position of power, but I do not know enough on how to be a charismatic leader to be efficient. I doubt myself due to my family ties and their natural inclinations towards leadership, but I wish to prove myself to everyone, mostly myself. Why are you excited to play this character: I think the idea of a wizard-fighter is cool and it can be good for a story as well. I do not desire a build around Bladesinging, just pure heart, study, and force of will by my character. I also think it lets a fighter be more than "I-hit-a-bad-guy-with-a-weapon-and-cast-action-surge-and-do-it-again." It is exciting to mix the two worlds in a coherent way, while also making it unique to the character. Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: It is possible that I work on Sundays, but my job has been fairly rare in scheduling me for those days, so I should be good 90% of the time and can simply as for them not to do those days. Other than that, Sundays are an easy day for me to join on. Anything else you think I should know about you: I have 5+ years in DnD, mostly as a DM. I have been looking for something consistent in terms of being a player. Playing in West Marches is also cool (something I do in spare time), but I want a more personal connection to NPC's, Players, and the world at large. Comments/questions you have for me: Nothing yet. Everything seems laid out bare. I would have questions in term of the world and setting, but that is something for if I am chosen to play.

Edited 1632016006
Player Name & Pronouns : Natan, He/Him Age: 26 Discord name and number: Neopolitan#0015 Character Name: Kairon "Free" Vanan / "Solitaire" Race: Tiefling Class/subclass: Rogue 3 (Arcane Trickster). I think as he levels, he may take levels of bard, simply because it would fit the Persona of Solitaire. Feat: Eldritch Adept Background: Spy Personality: As Solitaire, he's a more rambunctious, claiming to be a bard and drawing as much attention as he can, hoping to hide himself beneath this persona. In reality, Kairon is incredibly cautious about his past, and constantly watching over his shoulder, if he's letting the persona of Solitaire drop. If I had to give him an alignment, I suppose it would be Neutral Good, depending on who Kairon is acting as. Ideals: I always have a plan if something goes wrong (and if something goes too wrong, I'll improvise). The best way to protect myself is to keep others secrets as insurance. Flaws: I would rather flee than fight the hound on my trail, and I'll do whatever it takes to do so. My detail oriented plans often go beyond complicated. Backstory: A former spy for the noble courts of a distant land, I would learn secrets and sell it to the highest bidder, through the Thieves guild. While I knew that the work was rewarding, I often only stole secrets, choosing to avoid the "messier" work of the Thieves Guild. Until one night, I was asked to steal from the Lord of a nearby major hold. I had hesitated, but chose to take the job due to the amount of money involved, thinking it may be the chance to finally move my way up in the Thieves Guild. After weeks of casing the palace, I had bonded with the Lord's son. For the first time in my life, I had struggled with my objective, and it nearly cost the boy his life, as I was forced to improvise. Fleeing, I had the Thieves Guild ferry me away, and put me into hiding. Now I simply travel as Solitaire, hoping that I never am forced to confront my mistake. Why are you excited to play this character: "Free" is a character that I genuinely have enjoyed conceptualizing, and probably a little more outside my wheelhouse, as I often play the more stoic warrior type, or sidelined NPC to compensate my party. Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: I'm fully free on Sundays. I may get asked on occasion to cover a morning shift, which wouldn't go late enough to interfere with D&D I think. Anything else you think I should know about you: I've been DMing for most of my experience as a TTRPG player and I love the Roleplay aspect of D&D. I genuinely enjoy learning lore about other peoples games, and will have lots of lore related questions as my notes get fuller and fuller. Additionally, I love sharing great character arcs, and given my status as an eternal DM, I think it would be great to take part as a player. I actually know Tricks (down below) and can vouch for them as a player. Comments/questions you have for me: As someone said above, I do have more questions in regards to the setting, but if I'm chosen to play, I can freely ask.
Player Name & Pronouns: Mengo, (he/him) Players Age: 25 Discord name and number: TheMengoMango#0486 Character Name: Han Race: Aasimar Class/subclass: Bard College of Glamour Feat: Actor Background: Noble Personality: A friendly and laid back guy. Would rather just talk things out over a drink I deals: Freedom and respect. People should do what they want as long as it doesn't impede on other people's freedom. Everyone, regardless of status, should be respected. flaws: Has a secret that could destroy his family. Also a shame to his noble family. Backstory: Many years before his birth, Han's father was told by a seer that his first son would be destined for something great. Due to this Han had always been deemed special. Even his birth was special. His mother was close to giving birth to Han in the middle of winter and even during a blizzard. But on the exact day of Han's birth, the weather became calm and warm almost like spring. Afterwards Han was isolated from the world to make sure that he would become the next family leader. Eventually as Han got closer to adulthood, his curiosity of the outside world became too powerful. On the day he became an adult, instead of attending his coming of age ceremony, he instead left his family. Why are you excited to play this character: I've always wanted to play this class/subclass and race combo. I just like the idea of this character of being extremely graceful and otherwordly. Like even their yawn, burps, or farts would come off graceful somehow thanks to them being an Aasimar and a glamour bard. Then I just wanted to play more of a support type in combat, and a peaceful type in RP. Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: I'm busy from morning until the afternoon. Probably free at 1:30-9 pm CST. Anything else you think I should know about you: I've only been playing for a few years, but now I've been a DM for about year.  Comments/questions you have for me: Just about the world setting
Player Name & Pronouns: Andrew, He/Him Age: 25 Discord name and number: Brokarian #1247 Character Name: Torinn Kimbatuul Race: Dragonborn Class/subclass: Fighter/Battle Master Feat: Great Weapon Master Background: Soldier Personality: Quiet and even keeled; years of battle has taught him not to lose his temper, even in the thick of a fight. Quick to become a mentor to those he travels with. Ideals: Values deeds matching words above all else. Flaws: Doubt from his last defeat lingers, and at times overcomes his otherwise steely resolve in combat. Backstory: Once a renowned and respected swordsman, Torinn defended his clan from all manner of threats. But one day Torinn failed, being bested in combat and imprisoned by an encroaching enemy. Years later, Torinn has escaped from his captor, and now hopes to find the clan he has lost, as well as the swordsman he once was. Why are you excited to play this character: Dragonborn character seem like a lot of fun! I also think that this character would be a fun way to break in some proper roleplaying, as it's something I'm still building on. Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: I'm available most of the day on Sunday; would prefer sessions don't run past 11:00 PM (EST) Anything else you think I should know about you: I'm still very new to D&D, so please let me know if there's anything in this intro I can work on!
Player Name & Pronouns: Tricks (they/them) Age: 25 Discord name and number: Tricks#7777 Character Name: Tetrus Tailwind Race: Air Genasi Class/subclass: Paladin/Oath of the Watchers (or Open Seas if you'll allow it). I may take a level in Fathomless Warlock depending on how things go. Feat: Dual Wielder Background: Pirate Personality: Cocky and a bit of a braggart, but internally he's a big scaredy cat. Always trying to brighten the mood and make sure his companions are having a good time. He does his best when he knows others are watching him. Ideals: Hedonistic, he's here for a good time not a long time. That being said, kind to strangers and thinks people are fundamentally good. Flaws: Hides behind his cocky persona, brash and overconfident, rushes into things without planning, somewhat naive. Backstory: Tetrus is the adopted son of a well known pirate queen, he grew up on the high seas with a rotating cast of crewmates as his family. He chose to become a paladin so he could protect all the squishy rogues that made up his patchwork family, while also becoming proficient at dueling with two rapiers. As he grew up he began to question the ethics of the pirate lifestyle but stayed his with mother's crew until she retired, after which he drifted between various pirate ships as a blade for hire. During this time he had a bad shipwreck he refuses to speak about, and has been afraid to sail ever since. (OoC: The ship was attacked by some kind of kraken sent by a deep sea god). As a landbound ex-pirate he wanders aimlessly looking for adventure and pleasure, he one day hopes to take to the seas again and continue his mother's legacy of morally questionable sailing. Why are you excited to play this character: I've mostly played spellcaster classes until now and I'm excited to dip my toes into playing a more melee focused class. RPing a male is also new for me, as is being nice and naive instead of manipulative. I'm really looking forward to trying out this new style of playing. Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: I'm available in the evenings/nights on Sundays ~(8PM MT), would prefer if sessions didn't start super early. Anything else you think I should know about you: I've been playing 5e for a year and I've stuck to pure spellcasting so I might need some time to get used to this playstyle but I'm quick to learn. I adapt well to the RP style that other players are using so I can fit pretty easily into any kind of group.
Player Name & Pronouns: Joshua He'/Him Age 25 Optional Discord name and number : Jdeuyour#4298 Character Name : Armus Gollor Race : Custom Origin Half-Orc Class/subclass : Wizard Bladesinger Feat : Keen Mind & Observant Background : Cloistered Scholar Personality : I'm used to helping out those who aren't as smart as I am, and I patiently explain anything and everything to others.  Ideals : Knowledge, t he path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge. Holds the safety of knowledge to the highest regard Flaws : I speak without really thinking through my words, invariably insulting others. Ulag has no filter. Backstory : Ulag was part of a roaming tribe of Orcs and Goblins, and being the Half-Orc he is, he was the "runt of the litter". Even the goblin would pick on him. During the summer of his 10th year was when all other 10 year old would go through the Right of Passage and face each other in 1 on 1 combat. Killing wasn't the goal, but it was highly encouraged. The final battle of the day was between Ulag and the Chief of the Tribe's own son. It was over before it even started, Ulag lost his Right Eye and Lower Left arm during the skirmish. Being deemed to weak for a Death in combat. The Chief and rest of the tribe decided to let Ulag succumb to his wounds and die alone. 4 days has passed. The Tribe is long gone but Ulag still clenches to what remaining threads of life he has. Just before he passes on to the great beyond and from his strange blood-loss delirium, he comes too in a cozy little cottage somewhere in the forest. A Human Woman tending to his wounds and a Elvish Man chopping away at some carrots and potato's in the background. Ulag would come to know these people as Elenore and Lucian Gollor. But most importantly he would come to know of them as Mom and Dad. Fast-Forward 15 years and Ulag Gollor has spent most of his life in and around the cottage in the woods. Only leaving to go to the library where his mother worked for studying and to a clearing in the deepest part of the wood where his father would teach him the elvish secret of Bladesinging. Although Mr. Gollor has taught Ulag all he knows...the rest is up to Ulag to travel and visit as many places as he can to further is mastery of the Bladesong and, of course, his mind. Why are you excited to play this character : I always liked playing race/class combination that typical don't "Synchronize" well with each other. And nothing scream mix/matched than a half-orc who just wants to study wizardry and the blade Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of : Sunday is one of my days off from Work, so no conflict there.
Discord name and number: sᴋᴀʀᴏʏ ᴏғ ʀɪᴠɪᴀ#3390 Character Name: Rowan Blackbriar Race: Half-Elf Class/subclass: Fighter (Battlemaster) Feat: Probably Magic Initiate (Warlock) or Resilient (Wisdom), still deciding. Background: Haunted One Personality: A cold, no-nonsense mercenary. He's experienced, hardened, and knows well one cannot adventure alone for the road is filled with monsters and cut throats. A big inspiration for Rowan is Geralt from the Witcher series and Guts from Berserk . Someone who is jaded and closed off due to being the product of lots of traumatic experiences. However, much like Geralt and Guts, once Rowan begins to open up he will show despite his cynical nature he is someone who believes firmly in just cause and defending those who cannot protect themselves.  Ideals: The actions of the individual weigh more than their words. Rowan is someone who lives very much by this code. For while he is not good with his words he makes it up with his own actions. Flaws: A terrible guilt consumes Rowan. It eats at his very being, haunts his dreams. Cowardice at the face of a threat he could not possibly overcome long ago. And it was because of that cowardice, his own weakness he was unable to save those important to him. To this day he hopes to redeem himself with his objective. Backstory: Growing up, all Rowan knew of the world were the very boundaries of his home town; Tarph. A humble, sizable, and developing settlement that was heavily populated in both man, elves, and a few half-elves. It was far from a paradise, there was the occasional racial squabble between the three races and children would bully one another for the shape of their ears but despite it all, to Rowan, it was home. It was his world. And all of it was ripped away from him. Raiders spilled into the town, led by sorceress. All Rowan could do was watch helplessly as his family, his friends, and peers were butchered to the wicked amusement of the caster's followers. Alas, this was only the beginning of his fray. For those raiders, not satisfied with the massacre and misery of there actions, took advantage of the chaos to gather survivors and bound them in chains. Held in miserable conditions and punished often in confinement, the people of Tarph would undergo torturous experiments. Having to endure physically and psychologically taxing trials. The horrors it brought upon their bodies. Turning men into depravities that one could hardly discern from a monster. And Rowan’s trial was no different. He was held down by the sorceress as she conducted long, excruciating periods. Using magics that altered his body. One such spell would turn his right arm to that of a dragon's. Replacing his skin with dark verdant scales and turning his fingers into talons. Though eventually for one reason or another the sorceress would leave. Abandoning that prison with fewer guards to watch over the dying slaves. It was in that time they would act. Finding a means to escape their prison. In the chaos, Rowan would make his escape, barley surviving the encounter with his life. But while he managed to survive the trauma, the pain, and suffering inflicted upon him and the ones he loved haunted him. Constantly receiving visions of his home, family, and friends in his dreams. Leaving Rowan an emotionally closed off, resentful person, forever looking for the sorceress and the men that served her. For his life now became dominated by a desire for vengeance. Why are you excited to play this character: Rowan is probably one of my favorite characters both RP wise and mechanically too! I love playing fighters and I intend to later multiclass him into a War Mage which could be a lot of fun because I love spell swords!! That and his more cynical, jaded nature can make him for fun party interactions and conflict!! Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: N/A, I'm free on Sundays Anything else you think I should know about you: RPGs have always been one of my favorite genres in video games, one of my favorites has to be Dragon Age Origins. Which presented a setting rich in lore, characters, and enthralled me with serious, difficult situations where my character had to make a choice that would have consequences. Witcher 3 was another game that also challenged me and inspired me with it's world and characters. I'm someone who loves the aspects of playing my own character who carves out his own destiny in the world and while I love both games they have their limits on what I as a player can do. D&D however does not have that limit, there is a certain freedom that comes to roleplaying in D&D. I can do or say things that some RPGs would never allow me, express myself in ways that make my character feel alive and it's why I fell in love with this game. Comments/questions you have for me: N/A
Player Name & Pronouns: Morten He/Him Age: 36 Discord name and number: MortenWisting#8689 Character Name: Hel Race: Human Class/subclass: Cleric (Grave Domain) Feat: Shadow Touched/Fey Touched Background: Hermit Personality: A warm hearted but also a cold and uncaring woman who doesn't want to interfere with mortals problems and their suffering, but she is known to care if someones loved ones has died. She has a history with Kelemvor, but she doesn't want to tell anyone what that is, maybe if she got to know them better she will share her tale. Ideals: The u ndead is a plague upon the living world. Coming from a background filled with the dead and having spent a lot of time to care about the deceased, she then can't look the other way when she knows something unnatural as the dead coming back to life is walking the living world. She will do whatever she can do to send the dead back to the underworld where they belong. flaws: The biggest flaw comes from the fact that the left side of her face is rotten with a blueish color and her right side is that of a normal beautiful woman. Her neutral alignment can make it seem like she doesn't care about people and their sufferings, but she knows how much they are in pain but she can't bring herself to care for them since she was cast away by her grandfather and her father did nothing to help her when she was forced to tend to the dead. Her facination with the dead and that they should stay dead can sometimes been seen as a obsession, but she only wants to help the dead to ease their suffering. Backstory: The underworld has always been seen as a place of torment and suffering, where the dead are forever in an endless cycle of agony. The leader of the underworld has been engraved upon peoples fear as the most evil and coldhearted monster in their worst nightmares, that makes it so that people are afraid of dying. Hel is different from the horror stories priests and clerics tell people about the underworld, here the dead are cared for and lives the rest of their undead life in the same state as they lived when they were alive. But the difference happens when you have committed a crime, killing innocents, rape, stealing, being a tyrannical leader and so on. They will forever be tormented in an almost unnatural freezing part of the underworld where nothing is warm, and an eternal blizzard is blowing across the land. The dead will freeze even if they are dead, they will fall apart from hypothermia and are turned back to normal seconds later only to experience this torment all over again. And the ruler who sits on her throne is Hel, the goddess of the underworld who is both caring and horrifying. There she sits and care for the dead but also make sure the criminals pay dearly for what they have done in life. She is not alone in the underworld, she has help from a giantess gatekeeper who filter out those who died a normal life and those who committed a crime. She also has a giant wolf who helps her with protection.   One day in the underworld a mysterious woman came before her throne, she was not from her realm where she knew every living being, the giant wolf also seemed wary of her. Hel walked down from her throne and circled the newcomer; she could see that the woman was obviously afraid both from her visage and from where she was. Hel tried to relax the woman, but she was in a state of denial where she mumbled that she was not in the correct underworld. Hel was confused when suddenly a booming voice echoed across the underworld, she rolled her eyes and was prepared to answer the ruler of the gods, but she was surprised when she found out that it was not his voice but someone new. She was intrigued and asked who he was, and he answered that he was the god of dead from another world, he called himself Kelemvor. Hel asked what he wanted, and he told he that the woman who has entered her underworld was supposed to enter a different underworld, but something went wrong, and she was to be returned to her rightful land. Hel shook her head and told the voice that she could not do anything to change her fate, she was to spend the rest of her life in Hel. She could tell that the voice didn’t like the answer and cursed her and told her that he would strip her of her godhood and send her to his land as a cleric and that she could only return to her home world by doing something extraordinary as an adventure. He told her that he would not change her appearance as a punishment. Hel scoffs at the arrogance of the voice when suddenly she feels her body disintegrate and her wolf bites into the sleeve of her robe in order to stop her from leaving, but she disappeared right in front of him. When she finally woke up from the darkness that filled her vision. She looked around and saw that she was lying inside a cave. She tried to teleport to Hel, but she found that most of her powers were stripped from her, except a couple of spells she had when she was the goddess of the dead. She starts to walk in order to find a town to find out where she is. Why are you excited to play this character: I am a big fan of norse mythology and I have always wanted to play as a god from norse mythology turned human. I can't wait to roleplay as her and see how she fares in your world. Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: I have the day off on Sunday so I am free whenever you want. Anything else you think I should know about you: The only problem with me is that I have a tendency to stutter, but I hope it doesn't ruin the game for you and the other players. Comments/questions you have for me: I have an idea where Hel kills a wolf and brings the soul of the watchdog from her underworld to act as a bodyguard, is that something I can do or can't clerics have animal companions?

Edited 1632044152
Player Name & Pronouns: Ty (masculine) Players Age: 21 Discord name and number: Tyrannosary #8288 Character Name: ? unkown, introduces himself with a different name depending on who he meets and the places he goes. (he also doesn't remember his real name) Race: Changeling Class/subclass: Bard (2), Cleric (1) I intend to progress the rest of the way through with Bard, I wanted a level in cleric for some of its useful cantrips and domain to help with the support aspect I want to run. Feat: Inspiring Leader Background: Criminal/Spy Personality: Loves to be among the people and the center of their admiration. He will change his form to look the way he interprets the people would subconsciously like him to look. (attractive qualities of the people in the area). Ideals: Even the poor deserve the same respect as the high class. You should treat others by their character, not their socio-economic status.                                                    Flaws: Changes to his original form when frightened or charmed. Backstory: This will be very campaign-dependent, I think it would be super cool to have had a deity or powerful being wipe my memory and I've been trying to remember what I had forgotten since then. I thought this would be a cool idea because A) a changeling is already a very unique race, without any memory, you now have some crazy identity crisis on your hands B) it makes for some very cool campaign & character interactions that give the DM a lot of power as to what you would like to do with the character to help them develop or advance the campaign. Why are you excited to play this character: I'm really looking forward to playing a charismatic character that will help their team do what they do, but even better. I love the theme of the bard, and essentially want to try and play it as a sociable support. I might put emphasis on some stealth or dexterity too, I guess it just depends on what the group would need. I am also a big fan of the uniqueness of the changeling race and the flexibility it could add to the bard class. Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: I am part of a competitive league of legends team. So far it's been planned to have practices on Sundays but a time hasn't really been set in stone. I don't think this will be a conflict issue. I can schedule practice around this. If I can't, I can put in time during the weekdays to practice with teammates in ranked. (plus this campaign is 2 times a month so it really won't be a big issue) Anything else you think I should know about you: I'm a bit new to the pronoun thing, I'll need a quick run-down on gender-neutral pronouns if we have anyone in the group that it would apply to. Comments/questions you have for me: How long did you intend for this campaign to go for and to what level?
Player Name & Pronouns: Royal (he/him) Age: 18 Optional Discord name and number: theroya1fam#9881 Character Name: Cassius Marcellus (he/him) OR Polaris Stella (she/her) (since I have two character concepts the following traits will be seperated by an OR and put in the same order as the character name, ie. Cassius first, Polaris second) Race: Half-Orc OR Protector Aasimar Class/subclass: Fighter/Psi Warrior OR Druid/Circle of Stars Feat: Sentinel OR Fey Touched Background: Outlander OR Custom Background with Outlander's Background Feature Personality: I’m driven by a fear that led me away from my adoptive siblings./I act as big as I am. OR I am utterly serene, even in the face of disaster./I connect everything that happens to me to a grand, cosmic plan. Ideals: Glory. I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my friends. OR Greater Good. My gifts are meant to be shared with all, not used for my own benefit. Bonds: My adoptive mother, a violent Bheur Hag named Cailleach, is still hunting me and my adoptive siblings. I would do anything to kill her. OR Nothing is more important than my Angelic Guide, Divus. Flaws: Violence is my answer to almost any challenge. OR I am dogmatic in my thoughts and philosophy. Backstory: (These are nowhere near complete and are most certainly rough drafts) Cassius was abandoned as a baby by what he assumes to be a human mother who wanted nothing to do with an Orcish baby. She went to a nearby hags lair, who was notorious for taking in children under the guise of an old hermit elven woman, and gave the baby Cassius to her. During his time there, Cassius and the two others he was raised with were tortured with maddening powers from the old hag, named Cailleach. He was given no name other than orc boy. This resulting in cursing/gifting them with Psionic powers, making Cassius a Psi Warrior Fighter, and the other boy he was raised with, a tiefling, a Soul Knife Rogue, while the girl he was raised with, a half-elf, was made an Abberant Mind Sorcerer. Eventually they escaped, and ran far far away. They named themselves, all with the surname Marcellus, and when they were far enough away from the snowy forests they grew up in, the tiefling and half-elf decided to settle down together and try and escape their past that way, and they urged Cassius to do the same (they were in a love triangle at this point). Cassius, however, refused, as he though she would find them sometime soon and kill them, so he kept on running, making a living doing mercenary work and gladiatorial arena fighting, always looking over his shoulder for Cailleach, the only thing he is scared of. OR Polaris was born to two human parents in a druidic tribe that worshiped nature itself, rather than any natural gods. She always had a fascination with the stars as a child, so she decided to focus her druidic practice on that aspect of nature, the heavens. On her 12 birthday she was first visited by her angelic guide, Divus. Divus appeared to her and told her she was destined for greatness, and needed to leave her tribe to pursue her destiny. She at first ignored these dreams until she told a village elder about them. The elder informed her she had seen this coming when consulting the sky for omens. She urged Polaris to go and follow these dreams, but not until she was older. So, on her 18th birthday the tribe had a going away party for her, and she walked away from that life, and awaits for more dreams to tell her where to go and what to do. Why are you excited to play this character: I am excited to play Cassius because I am interested in playing the big strong tanky man with a huge fear that he lets no one know. OR As for Polaris, I am interested in playing with the differing opinions of the angelic guide and the character, and want to see what happens with that. I will say though, that I wouldn't accept becoming a fallen aasimar, as it would go against the radiant theme of the character build. Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: I should be available most if not all the time on Sundays for the foreseeable future. Anything else you think I should know about you: I am bi and so are my characters, so I am on board with your inclusivity! Comments/questions you have for me: Just hoping to be hearing from you soon! Itching for some DnD fun!
Player Name & Pronouns: Masxerade Pronoun is "He/Him" Age: 26 Discord name and number: Masx#1360 Character Name: Dust Devil (pronounced Dust Dee veil) Race: Tiefling Class/subclass: Fighter (Gun Slinger) Feat: Fire Arm Specialist / Gunner (not sure which I want more honestly) Background: Mercenary Veteran Personality: He is a very friendly person despite his looks, he enjoys taking life slow and easy. Ideals: He views the world as a big casino full of gold, beautiful women, and a chance to make it big if you got the right stuff. He aims to make back his families fortune and respect, while also finding out who killed his parents. flaws: He is always looking for revenge on who killed his parent, he also is a struggling alcoholic , and can't resist a gamble. Backstory: Growing up in a tiny town with Dust Devil, was born into a some what well off family, his mother was a noble woman and his father a tiefling, his father was once the mayor of the tiny town and won his campaigns thanks to the bank roll his mother endorsed for his elections. However Dust didn't know at the time his father had shook hands with some rather "shady" people at his earlier years in office, Dust was never able to not be around people, he was wealthy, handsome , and charming to boot, plus the ladies loved his horns; In his teenage years he became more of a shut-in when it came to people he let into his personal circle, this was the time he began to tinker with metal and workshop his first ideas, He spent his next 3 years of age tinkering in the basement. Until one day a break in occurred in his families home, his mother and father were found dead, his mother in her bed and his father at his office desk. Spiraling into a fit or rage and depression Dust spent most of his families wealth on gambling and alcohol and only cleaned up when the money was gone. After which he soon came up with the finished product of his years of tinkering, a gun. He named the slick piece of equipment "The Mayor" which his father and mothers names engraved in the side barrel of his gun. He began to practice firing his new tech in the fields at bottles, and even hunted tiny creatures with it. Eventually he picked up on working as a gun for hire, most people think we facing him that he is using some unknown magic , little do they know it's not magic it is simply a silver piece he keeps hiding in his poncho, He works where ever there is money , booze, cigars , or the right cause. Despite his self preservation do not let it fool you he is a gentlemen, he will always hold the door open for a lady, and will even have a drink with an enemy before they throw down. Bottom line he is as southern as it gets and as warmhearted as the hell people think he crawled out of. Why are you excited to play this character: I have always wanted to play a southern type character that has some charm to him while also seeming to fit in even if he shouldn't in the scene. Plus I wanted to make a character people would see and be like " oh wow.. I actually never have seen this... and it's kind of clever~" Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: I have no scheduling issues, I stream on twitch from mondays to fridays so sundays are free for me! Anything else you think I should know about you: Well I like working together with people, I'm a team player, if my character just doesn't work I will gladly make another to fit the crew to increase our chances of survival. Comments/questions you have for me: other than asking you if you enjoy the concept? nope
Player Name & Pronouns : MJ they/them Age: 25 Optional Discord name and number: mjaye#6576 C haracter Name: Cas Ellis Race: Wood Half Elf Class/subclass: Gloom Stalker Ranger Feat: Skill Expert Background: Urban Bounty Hunter Personality: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong. I don’t pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds. Ideals: Freedom. Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them. flaws: I have a “tell” that reveals when I’m lying. Backstory: Still working on the backstory but here is what I have so far: Cas was raised by their two mothers in a community deep in the woods. There, Cas grew up learning to know how to fight in many different ways. The forest where they lived was filled with different things that if you did not kill them first they would kill you. Early on Cas realized that they preferred to fight and hunt with a bow. They spent a lot of time practicing and honing their skill with it. They got good at hiding in the shadows and using that to their advantage. Cas' mothers always wanted them to leave the village they were from and find a new life somewhere else. Cas had lost a lot of people they cared about from their village which also made it hard to leave because if they did who knew what could happen to the others they loved. Eventually Cas did leave and promised to find someone who might know what was happening with the things that were in the forest and where they were coming from. Cas also knew that they had a skill with their bow and started picking up bounties to help kill the things people were being troubled by and also get some coin to help them on their travels. Why are you excited to play this character: I love playing rangers! I have played a few different ones and haven't played one in a while so I am excited to play another. I have always loved the gloom stalker subclass and have wanted to play one so I am excited to play one. Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: I will be pretty much available on Sundays as far as I know. Anything else you think I should know about you: I love playing dnd. Also most of my characters are queer lol. Comments/questions you have for me: Can't think of any questions at the moment.
Player Name & Pronouns: Zackary Delgado (hispanic accent) He Age: 26 (Physically) Discord name and number: AionVampire#0200 Character Name: Kara (no last name) Race: Tiefling Class/subclass: Warlock/ The Great Old One Feat: Observant Background: Outlander Personality: I was, in fact, raised by my patron. Ideals: Surviving is always a priority but dying is always a part of nature. flaws: Don’t expect me to save those who can’t save themselves. It is nature’s way that the strong thrive and the weak perish. Backstory: War tear apart Kara's family. Losing her father on the war and her mother to famine, Kara was adopted by a monstrosity very early on her life. She survived thanks to the direct intervention of this being. Wise enough to teach Kara how to survive in the wilderness and powerful enough to defend her when she needed help. Kara was later introduced to the conventions of society by a group of acolytes that teach her how to function as a proper member of the society. They teach her how to speak common until they learned about the being that kept her alive. Fearful that she would be persecuted, or her patron, she fled back to the wilderness. Why are you excited to play this character: Is not a damage oriented build, is a perception build made to held during exploration. Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: Currently applying for jobs, availability may change. Anything else you think I should know about you: INTP

Edited 1632016287
Character Name : Fiyoun Age : 22 Discord name and number: Jai#4381 Race: Air Genasi Class/subclass: Life Cleric/Fiend Warlock Feat: Fey-Touched Background: Haunted One Personality: Otherwise kind and good-natured, keeping to her parents practices. Easily influenced and can succumb to the words of her force-pacted sponsor.  Ideals: Will try as hard as she can to be a good person and heal others. Ideally break the pact with her sponsor, or learn to cope with it better Flaws: To onlookers she can act spontaneously and uncharacteristically, though of course this is influenced by her sponsor.  Backstory:   Born to a Family of healers, Fiyoun was set from birth to follow in their footsteps. She spent her early days learning the craft splendidly, following her parents on their journeys to the different houses in the villages. And, like most other children, she spent her free-time playing out in the fields near the villages. They were relatively safe as they had a protective barrier around them, but unfortunately that would not keep out the manner of being that would come to find young Fiyoun. One day, when she was by herself, an imp-looking creature lured her into a thicket of trees. She followed, as curious children do, all the way up a tree. The creature, in a fancy garb unbefitting of the villagers normal attire, met her up there, grinning mischievously as it held out its hand. Naturally, the curious child took it, and a whoosh of energy would surround her. Unbeknownst to her, this would be the start of a tragic journey. The imp pushed her out of the tree, looking down at her as it crippled her. Her parents would come to find her and heal her, though that only took care of her bodily injuries. Her mind had been permanently damaged and was being easily corrupted by that same creature. She spent most of her days after the incident quietly studying magic, her parents keeping her inside in fear of another incident. The creature took this time to leisurely whisper corruption into Fiyoun’s mind, pressuring her until she finally hit a breaking point. She gave in, listening to the creature as it told her how to kill her parents and villagers. Horrified at what she’d done, she fled. She travels now, afraid of coming too close to people in fear of what the creature would convince her to do.  Why are you excited to play this character: I honestly didn’t expect to end that backstory the way I did but now that I have, I think playing a character with uncontrollable outbursts at the behest of an evil sponsor sounds amazing.  Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of:   Anything else you think I should know about you: Shouldn’t have any problems; maybe working the occasional sunday but even then I should be able to make it.  Comments/questions you have for me: Do let me know if this character wouldn’t work for you, I’d be happy to think of something else. 

Edited 1632032160
Player Name & Pronouns: Finn Gentry He/him Age : 18 Discord name and number : Master Debater#3657 Character Name: Lander Pommel Race: Human Class/subclass: Barbarian, Path of the Beast. Planning to multiclass to path of Devotion Paladin Feat : Savage Attacker Background : Acolyte Personality : Somewhat standoffish, very serious, well educated but Naive and without a drop of cunning or trickery in him, he has spent most of his life in his church, and so has little experience with people. Ideals : Tradition. The actions of our ancestors should be known respected. Charity. I always try to help those in need. flaws: I am inflexible in my thinking. I put too much trust in the elders of my church. I am very naiive and understand very little of the practical world. Backstory: Lander was born in a small church to Lathander, his mother died in childbirth. Lander lived a good life, until one day when he was nineteen, he was chasing a squirrel in the woods when suddenly his body transformed into something bestial. he caught the squirrel and tore it to pieces. He returned home to his father, who was a priest of Lathander, and Lander's father told him that he had been an adventurer once, his mother too, and that on their last mission, years ago, they had ventured into an ancient swamp, which had connections to the Feywild, in that swamp they tangled with an Unseelie Fey Monster. They had defeated it, but their party members had perished. They survived only by eating the desiccated corpse of the Monster. They managed to escape the Swamp, and settled down to a local church. After a few days they fell violently ill, and after would occasionally seem to transform into remnants of that Fey Monster. His father had hoped Lander had not inherited the curse, but unfortunately he did. His father told him that the bestial transformations were a curse, that to transform is an insult to their God Lathander. and to avoid transforming at all costs, but when when your blood runs hot, thats when the transformation usually happens. Lander's father sent him off, to try and learn control of the curse like he did, so Lander set off on his own, to find a a way to control his curse, and to do his father proud. Why are you excited to play this character: I am excited about Roleplaying the moral challenngess that come with Lander's condition, but also with playing in a high Role play group, as my first many years of D&D were almost all about combat, so I am excited to wade into the depths of roleplaying. The other characters all seem really well thought out too, so I look forward to interacting with them. Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of : I can do Sundays and can definitely start at 4, but where I am that is 12 PM. So if everyone was happy to push the game a bit later, I would love that. Anything else you think I should know about you: Comments/questions you have for me: I was planning on rolling a constitution Saving throw whenever I took damage or a wisdom when I was under extreme stress, and if I failed I would rage. But This is something I would handle myself and not bother you with.
Player Name & Pronouns : Josue (Ho-Sway), He/Him Age : 28 Discord name and number : GrumpyJosue#9063 Character Name : Kor Proudsnow Race: Half -Orc Class/subclass : Paladin Oath of Glory Feat: Heavy Armor Master Background : Inheritor Personality : Being a half-orc raised by humans taught Kor to judge people by their actions, not their words or appearances. Ideals : Respect. People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their status and appearance.  Flaws : Self-doubt. Fears that in his attempt to prove that half-orcs have redeemable features he will instead have to come to terms with the contrary. Backstory : TLDR: A half-orc that wants to prove to his child and his hometown that half-orcs are good and can even be heroes. Kor Proudsnow is the half-orc bastard child of Odo Proudsnow, a long-retired adventurer, and Sybil Proudsnow, a seasoned seamstress. Kor's father, Odo met Sybil on a request to rescue several young women that had been abducted from the Town of Windrip, where they now reside in a small cottage just outside of town. Odo and his party found that the culprits were Orcs from the north, Orcs that were looking for you women to breed more orc warriors to help their cause to take over the nearby settlements. Odo and his party quickly dispatch the culprits but by the time they had done so some of the ladies that had been abducted had already unfortunately been mistreated. Odo and his party respectfully and with great care brought the women home. Many of the early abductees that had undergone their traumatic experience rightfully so shut down emotionally, except for one that kept the ladies hopeful. This of course was none other than Sybil. She tried to keep their morale up and continued to reassure them that they were going to be saved and return home. After spending some time together during their travel back to town. A friendship between Odo and Sybil began to blossom. This friendship eventually resulted in courtship and even marriage. Unbeknown to the two, Sybil's time with the orcs had left her expecting a child. Soon after their marriage, Sybil gave birth to a very large half-orc child. Many urged the two to kill the newborn for fear of the trouble a seed of an orc in the town would do; however, the two knew how precious life is and wholeheartedly believed that the child should not be judged by the choices of the parent. Growing up a half-orc in a predominately human town, Kor experienced a lot of solitude and hardships. When he was little Kor was often bullied because of his appearance. His larger frame frequently had him getting into fights with older kids that thought they could defeat the "town monster." Odo and Sybil had two more children after Kor. Despite, the constant ostracization Kor experienced from the rest of the town he always received love, care, and support from his siblings and parents. After his siblings were born, Kor found himself getting into more fights than before. Whereas Kor was more likely to let negative comments and insults towards him slide to avoid conflicts, his siblings would hunt down the source and teach them a lesson. Odo raised his children with the tales of his time as an adventurer and taught them everything he knew about combat and surviving the wilderness. When his siblings were of adventuring age, they left their home in search of their tales to tell their children one day. His siblings begged him to come along but Kor felt that he would scare more people than he could help. Staying behind wasn't so bad for Kor for there was a young maiden by the name of Ella that had taken an interest in him. The two spent time together whenever Kor would bring his mother's dresses to sell in the town. Kor, or rather Ella, built up the courage to ask the other out and a romance soon began. Kor eventually asked Ella to marry him and they had a beautiful little half-orc child, Lam. Fearing the same upbringing of discrimination and pain for his child, Kor now looks to make a name for himself and prove to his town but more importantly his child that being a half-orc is something to be proud of and not ashamed of.   Why are you excited to play this character : Usually, I tend to lean towards more lighthearted characters when I have the opportunity to play. I love coming up with rich meaningful backstories for the NPCs in the games I run but haven't had the chance to just dive into a single character and flush them out. Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of : Sundays are good for me and 4 pm works for me but I can be available earlier if needed. Anything else you think I should know about you : I am currently DMing my own campaign but would love to be a part of this one. What I'm hoping to get out of this game is a refreshed perspective on being a player. I love DMing but I want to improve even more, so I feel like being able to play a game with another experienced DM will teach me a lot about myself and my style of DMing. Comments/questions you have for me : How long or to what level do you foresee this game/campaign lasting? 
Player Name & Pronouns: Ramsey (They/Them) Age: 23 Optional Discord name and number: RamseyIsMey#8387 Character Name: Kin Holyhand (well, at least that's the name they tell everyone...) Race: Wood Elf Class/subclass: Monk (Way of Healing) Feat: Sentinel Background: Charlatan Personality: Kin is a rather jovial soul that loves discussing anything related to magic... even though it becomes clear very quickly that they are just BSing their way through every conversation. They have a genuinely good heart, though, and they are known to be a softy that will not charge for a bit of "healing magic" when the person in need can't pay. They have also been known to bottle up their emotions, not letting the mask slip until literally ready to explode. Ideals: Those most worthy of admiration or honor are those who can practice the most advanced magic. Accumulating arcane knowledge might one day allow me to perform real magic. Flaws: I have magic inside me. I must. There's no way that I am just some talentless nobody without a lick of magic to me. There is too much magic in the world for me to just be... normal. There is something, some piece of knowledge that I have yet to find, that will allow me to reach my full potential. And I will find it. Nothing else is enough. Backstory: "My name is Kin, Kin Holyhand, and I am what you might call... an enthusiastic acolyte of the arcane. If you need a bit of healing done, I can spare a spell or two for you, no problem. Oh, you have some back pain? Here, let me- *sickening crack* there, all better for you, right? Oh no, that's just how magic works. Now pay my fee and get on your way." In a world so full of magic, Kin is one of the few that have tried wholeheartedly to study the arcane to no avail. No spellbook, god, or other method has allowed Kin to so much as cast a cantrip. As many of the elves in Kin's village began to develop at least basic magical skills, Kin festered in frustration. While their parents were kind and supportive of Kin no matter if they had magical talent or not, being "normal" would never be enough for Kin. So Kin figured out ways to... fake it. Need a healing spell from a local cleric? Kin has got you covered. Love potion? Look right here in the bag. Jinx the local bully? He'll show up with black eyes tomorrow, you have the Kin-guarantee. Funnily enough, Kin is actually fairly successful at this charade because the "spells" work. Chiropractic muscle cracking, wise advice on blossoming romance, and two very eager fists fueled by pent up self-hatred all get the job done. But it's not enough. It's not real. Traveling from town to town, Kin is on a mission to solve whatever is keeping them from realizing their true magical talent. There is nothing more important than becoming more than... than normal. Than ordinary. Those willing to volunteer how they learned their arcane knowledge or how their god blessed them are to be sought after and interviewed with apt attention while those that seem to have magic by no means other than sheer luck or blood are to be silently and viciously envied. All the self-doubt and hate is hidden behind a jovial veneer. Kin comes across as friendly and playful. Their curiosity is matched only by their sense of humor. The only thing that might break through that facade is someone squandering their magical talent. Nothing is worse than having someone waste the one thing you would give anything to have. (I would be more than open to leaving threads open for the DM. Example: Is Kin really just naturally incapable of magic, or is there something that is holding them back (mentally/emotionally or outside-force)? I am also more than willing to tweak elements to more naturally fit what appears to be the thematic arc of the party overall.) Why are you excited to play this character: I just really got excited about the idea of a character that fakes their way through being non-magical. Someone who took "fake it until you make it" way too seriously. I also enjoy story's where characters have complicated and very real feelings attached to them. (I would hope we all relate to not feeling good enough in comparison to the people around us... Imposter Syndrome, anyone?) Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: I should not have any scheduling issues on Sundays. I am in the same time zone, and I have been looking for a Saturday or Sunday evening game. Anything else you think I should know about you: I am really invested in party story and roleplay, so most anything I have written thus far is open to being tweaked for the good of the narrative as a whole. I tried to leave some things fairly general as I do not know all the details of your homebrew. I enjoy combat as well because I think it is another way you can tell your character's story. Outside the game, I am very committed to showing up on time/not missing sessions, helping out where needed (I've in the past been initiative tracker, party inventory manager, etc.), and I am a very detailed notetaker. I have only been playing D&D for a year, but I am a fast learner. I have been forever GM for my gaming buddies for the past several years playing TTRPGs other than D&D. Comments/questions you have for me: I appreciate consideration for your game. I also really appreciate your explicit inclusion of LGBTQ+ and boundaries in your listing. It is nice to be able to apply for games with that sense of security.

Edited 1632298530
Player Name & Pronouns: Benjamin (he/him/his) Age: 20 Discord name and number: Poissonjamin#1380 Character Name: Tod Anatow (Lyle Trenton) Race: Human Class/subclass: Ranger, Beastmaster (Tasha's Guide variant) Feat: Sharpshooter Background: Noble/Hermit Personality: My character (who will henceforth be referred to in the first person) is a friendly person to be around. I like making others happy and never discriminate, even against the most "evil" creatures. I'm often lost in thought, philosophizing about life and suffering. My friendly demeanor does not, however, extend to the upper echelons of society, and I tend to avoid fraternizing with them as much as possible. In fact, I have an aggressive disdain for those who consider themselves above others, and actively seek to knock them down a peg or twelve. However, I'm cunning, and won't cause unnecessary trouble for myself or my friends. There is a time and a place for everything, and a military meeting in the throne room is neither the time nor the place to depose a king. Ideals: I think that all social hierarchies are unjust. Everyone is born, lives, and dies, so there is no reason that kings would be better than paupers. I believe in true equality, so if one suffers because of their own faults, it is deserved. I don't worship most deities because they're also unfair, rewarding kings and priests while condemning the common folk. If anything, the gods and their squabbles amplify the injustice in the world. The only deity that has an impartial hand, whether dealing with the most powerful king or the dirtiest thief, is Death (True Neutral). Flaws: I've grown apathetic to the plight of most people. They create arbitrary categorizations and only try to help themselves at the expense of the other. I only get truly invested in helping others if their pain is inflicted in an unjust manner. For example, a thief stealing someone's coin purse is the fault of that person for allowing the coin purse to be stolen, so I care not. However, if a local lord is harassing the peasantry with no repercussions, I would force the lord to repay their transgressions or suffer the just hand of Death. Backstory: I spent my youth in a noble house, studying and absorbing the ways of high society. I was kept away from peasants for most of my youth, the explanation was that it was for my protection. I was told commoners were a dangerous, dirty, stupid folk who I should, at best, pity. When I turned 14, my parents began letting me out with a minimal guard. I was told to stick to the hunting woods and avoid town, but being a rebellious teenager I gave my guards the slip and went to see what the fuss was about. It was on this trip that I learned what love is. I saw a beautiful peasant girl (Rachel) who was about my age. I followed her from the town and confronted her on the road when no one else was around. She didn't seem at all interested in the fact that I was the son of a lord, and made me help carry her flour back to her bakery. I soon made a habit of visiting her bakery, and we became infatuated with each other. Eventually, my father grew suspicious of my disappearances, but when I tired to explain the situation he was furious. He banished Rachel and her family from the kingdom, and when I turned to my mother for help, she sided with father, claiming that Rachel only wanted my money and power. I knew this wasn't true, but their preconceived notions about the social order couldn't fathom that a commoner could be just as good or better than a prince. I was no longer allowed to leave without heavy supervision, and my education continued. I put on a fake smile for my parents, tricking them into thinking that I was okay with this so that they didn't disown me. Underneath it all though, I developed my hatred for hierarchies and the unjust suffering they cause. When I turned 18, I set off on my own journey, telling my parents that I needed worldly experience to be a great ruler. That seemed to work well enough as they let me go without a fuss. Sickened by the life of luxury I had led to that point, I became a hermit and began my search for my beloved Rachel. I went everywhere looking for them, but any lead I got quickly became a dead end. Every time I would enter a town for supplies or to ask about them, I would see the squalor of the peasantry juxtaposed with their gluttonous lords and my anger would grow. My quest also brought me across many goblin towns, and there I found no inherent differences between them and the so called civilized folk. The only people who exemplified my ideals were a small tribe of Kobolds in the wooded hills. I spent quite some time with them and they eventually made me an honorary member of the tribe. They even found the best lead yet to the location of Rachel's family. When I followed it up though, disaster struck. I learned that a caravan they had been a part of had been raided with no known survivors. It was this final injustice that made me turn against the gods. Why had they allowed this family to suffer for doing no wrong. Why did they allow the vile lords and kings to keep their power. I came to the conclusion that the deities were as unjust as the world they ruled over, so I ceased to worship them. The only god, I realized, that treated everyone from paupers to princes with an impartial hand was Death (True Neutral). As such, I began to worship them and disappeared all but entirely from society. With Rachel dead and my isolation immense, my heart grew cold to the world. Perhaps if Rachel returns to me, my apathy will dissipate and my heart will burn with empathy once more, although that seems very unlikely. My only friend is a mountain lion, whom my patron has allowed to stay by my side so long as I repay its spared lives 10 fold, a task I have no qualms with. My (probable) motivations for participating in the campaign are that I see this war as a dick measuring contest between the rulers of the two nations that will result in unfathomable suffering for huge swaths of the common population through no fault of their own. As such, I want to settle the dispute as fast as possible, whether that be through the silver of my tongue or the steel heads of my bolts. Why are you excited to play this character: I've been DMing for my friends for the last couple years and I'm excited to be a player character again. I want to play this character because it has a lot of depth and there are a lot of interesting dynamics he could have both internally and externally. The last couple characters I played were more punch first ask questions maybe, so I'm also excited to play a more devious character who wins fights with more brain than brawn (but isn't bad at the brawn either). Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of: I'm completely free on Sundays usually, although I am in school so I might have to study one or two days. It shouldn't be too much of a problem though if the games are only 3-4 hours. I'm pretty good a making free time for myself, especially if it's for stuff I really enjoy (like playing D&D). Anything else you think I should know about you: I'm a very laid back person and non-confrontational. I just want to have a good time playing the game, so I'm fine with adapting to what kind of play everyone thinks is best. I'm pretty empathetic and good at smoothing out disagreements (fingers crossed there won't be any) if it comes to that. Also I've been playing D&D off and on for 8 years, so I'm pretty experienced and don't need hand holding. Comments/questions you have for me: How much experience do you have DMing and do you play more as the DM vs. the party or as the DM + the party trying to tell a fun story?

Edited 1632261395
Discord: chocomog334#9635 Player Name: Cody He/Him Name: Albrecht Kane Race: Hobgoblin Class: Wizard- War Magic Background: Mercenary Veteran Feat: War Caster Personality traits: -Despite my appearance and profession, I enjoy culture and higher minded pursuits.  -Though I'm friendly with many I meet, I'm slow to make deep bonds due to the many losses I've faced. Ideal: Honor- My word is my bond. Once I agree to something, I will give my all to complete my mission. Bond: I would do anything to aid my brothers in arms. Flaw: I don't ask too many questions about my employers or their requests. Backstory:  Albrecht was born in a small village in the outskirts of the kingdom to Katrina and Wilhelm Kane. His village was outside of the practical jurisdiction of the nobles and thus they had to rely on the local branch of the Chimera Corps, a Mercenary group known for fair practices and commitment to their word as long as they were adequately paid for their service. From his youth. Albrecht admired the men for their strength and skill and wished to join them. Once he began to show arcane skill, Roland, leader of the mercs, took notice of the boy and decided to foster his talents with books the guild had recieved as payment. Once Albrecht was of age at 15, he was invited to join the Chimera Corps, which he gladly accepted.  Shortly after joining, his mentor Roland was killed in combat with some underhanded highway men. The death struck Albrecht hard. Tragedy would strike again as a few years later, he would lose his best friend Cedric to a conflict with local nobles and their war bands.  It has been ten years since he joined the Chimera Corps. As full war looms on the horizon, he has be charged with protecting those I'm the way of the oncoming armies.  [Will add more with time and more info from the DM about the setting]  Why are you excited about this character?: I'm interested in playing a less squishy wizard. Also, I think playing a wizard with a soldier's mentality opposed to the strictly academic approach would be an interesting change of pace for me. I love games like Final Fantasy Tactics and this characters mentality fits in that way.  Describe your availability on Sundays: I currently have to work every other Sunday in the evenings, though this will hopefully change by November. I'm on the east coast, but I work 2nd shift, so later in the evenings is fine for me.  Anything else you think I should know: I've been roleplaying for over 15 years and I've been playing TTRPGS for about 10 years now, though due to my personality, I'm not always the best at speaking up and pushing myself into the scenarios if others take the lead. I have been looking for a good, serious war rp with consequences for a while and this concept sounds really fun. Comments/questions for DM: I feel like the general tone for this will be fairly serious (which I'm totally down for), but how much OOC will be tolerated? I do like to make jokes (mostly puns and pop culture references) and I want to know where our boundaries are in terms of tone. . Also, will we be just starting with standard starting equipment?
Player Name & Pronouns:  Jay (any pronouns) age 18  Discord:  not_tummy#8379 Character Name:  Rivulet Race:  Fire Genasi Class/subclass:  Cleric Feat:  Life Domain Background:  Custom Background of Traveling Cleric [mix of Haunted one and Acolyte] Alignment : Chaotic Good Personality:  Quiet and somewhat witty. Not very serious and loves a good crowd though not a fan of ale. Very protective of friends and will jump at the opportunity to hep the less fortunate.  Ideals:  No matter your wealth or status all deserve a chance at a good future. Flaws: T errible sense of direction, could get lost in a plastic bag. Backstory:  was once part of a traveling circus after being sold away for medicine until they up and left in search of a better life. Traveling the lands as a cleric after picking up a thing or two from a group of travelers and being inspired to help others who are of the less fortunate like herself. Curently still going from village to village to find those in need she can help.  Why are you excited to play this character?:  I haven't played DnD in ages and am more than happy to get back into the habit, I've also wanted to get deeper into a character's background and play someone fun yet simple.  Describe your availability on Sundays, and any scheduling issues I should be aware of:  Not much happens on Sundays but the occasional family party may stop me for joining a session or two. I will do my best to make my schedule work for the game.  Anything else you think I should know about you:  I'm a very patient   person  and would completely  understand if there are a few things that I would need to change about my character to fit the game better. I'm more than happy to do puzzles  and role playing as that is what I've enjoyed the most out of DnD than the combat though I don't mind a good fight.  Comments/questions you have for me:  none at the moment
I wish to thank everyone for submitting their characters, they are all truly unique and interesting to read. I will be reaching out to many of you in the next few days to arrange a time for one on one interviews to get a better understanding of your personality and if your character would be a good fit for this game. After these interviews are over the final players will be selected for a session zero and this post will be closed.