Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Add Folders to the "Page Toolbar"

Score + 92
If you run a long campaign you will have over 100+ maps to maintain. As a DM you also want to group like maps together. ie The Keep of the BBEG with 12 maps of the keep and sub-dungeons)  I would use the following structure.  {Top level} = <Battle Map 1>, <Battle Map 2>, <Battle Map 3>, <Battle Map 4>, <World Map>, {Folder - World sections }, {Folder - Loaded Maps}, etc... {Folder- World sections } = <West Hemi map>, {Folder - West Hemi}, <East Hemi map>, {Folder - EH} etc... {Folder West Hemi} = <Country 1 Map>, <Country 2 Map>, {Folder - Keep of the BBEG}, etc... {Folder - Keep BBEG} = <Keep F1>, <Keep F2>, <Keep F3>, <Dungeon L1>, <Dungeon L2>, etc...  Additional Functionality Being Requested.  Add function called "Add Folder " to the "Create New Page" icon, or ask for "New Page" or "New Folder" when click "Creat New" Add a function from the "Page Settings" menu of maps called "Bounce Players Here" that would be like dragging and dropping the Player chevron on a map. This would allow you to quickly focus the players on a map.  You would not want the DM to drag and drop the chevron across multiple folder structures.   Add feature to drag and drop Pages and Folders in an existing Folder Add feature to drag and drop a Page on another Page to create a Folder, with the two Pages in it Retain the rename feature of Pages for Folders Simple, Elegant, Structured, Organized = Improved game flow and therefore better Player Experience. 
+1 on this!  Moving the players around map-to-map in a bigger campaign can be painful.  Bonus points if page folders and their contents could be moved en-masse with the transmogrifier.
I will love at least the opportunity to have folders, and then add the others functionalities that Jean proposed!

Edited 1632644832
It's insane how unusable the maps toolbar is.  The VTT Enhancement Suite browser add-on makes it slightly less bad, since it becomes a drop-down list that actually shows everything at once, but folders would be a massive improvement. Better yet, move the maps from their own toolbar to a tab in the right sidebar, organized the same way as the Art Library.
I wish you all the luck in the world with this request, which has been sitting in this Suggestions area in another thread for 6.5 years despite literally hundreds of users supporting the idea.
I would love this!~
PLEASE. I have a campaign with over 100 maps, I NEED this.
+1
+1
Please make this a reality! +1
I use the archive section kind of like a folder but something dedicated would be fantastic
If you have votes left please us them for this feature and spread the word. Get your fellow player and GMs vote.
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
+1 I need this sooooo badly. I am OCD, and not having it drives me insane.
Hi everyone. please have your players give this item a vote to increase the priority. Thank you all for your support. ~ JL

Edited 1635035626
jean-Louis M. said: Hi everyone. please have your players give this item a vote to increase the priority. Thank you all for your support. ~ JL Just so you know, there is another thread about this same topic . It's nearly seven years old and has gathered nearly 840 votes..
Mr. Farlops said: jean-Louis M. said: Hi everyone. please have your players give this item a vote to increase the priority. Thank you all for your support. ~ JL Just so you know, there is another thread about this same topic . It's nearly seven years old and has gathered nearly 840 votes.. It's true. And I noted the same in a post upthread. Combining votes on a single thread is probably the best way to go. 
Level 20 Studios
Plus
Marketplace Creator
This would make my life sooo much easier!  Please work on this team!!
+1. I running my first pure homebrew and the map organization is a bit of a nightmare.  It would be very nice to pull in single maps from pre-written modules, addons, etc.  Hopefully that kind of organization leads to a less laggy in game experience for my players and I.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
FYI page folders are in active development as revealed in a recent (last month's?) roundtable event. It is in early development and there is no eta, but something they are working on.
Level 20 Studios
Plus
Marketplace Creator
They finally confirmed this is in the works!
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
+1
Thank you Jameson!
For realz +1~nth million!!
I've dropped my +1 in both locations now. Honestly... I'm glad it was confirmed that they are 'working on it with no ETA'. The "no ETA' part really sucks though.  Still... it's really nice to see all the dev work the teams *HAVE* been doing lately. Lots of great improvements!
Spartanicus
Pro
Marketplace Creator
+1 - So happy this is on the list of upcoming enhancements. Yay Roll20! 
I have asked for this forever, to organize pages, and Roll20 doesn't care.  Therefore I just canceled my pro sub.  Foundry is 1000X better.  This post should be deleted by cancel culture soon.
2 months. No updates. How are we doing?
+1 Plase. I have an open world campaign with many cities divided by regions, battle maps and much more, although I tend to keep them as tidy as possible, the folders would be very appreciated
+1 as well. My games are 100+ maps and it's a pain trying to sort through them.

Edited 1671353970
Gold
Forum Champion
+1 or +100 if we could I thought this feature was coming? When Roll20 made other improvements/changes in the Pages toolbar Revive this idea to a top priority please p.s. Don't forget to also (vote +1), Roll20 Allow the folders to be seen/copied in Transmogrifier as well.
+1
+1
+1
+1 for all that is holy please add this, I need this so badly!
+1
+1
+1
I love to have this as I have too many to count...

Edited 1695633590
This is currently in the making and we will see it soon! A prototype Video can already be seen in another thread... EDIT: This is the thread mentioned:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1618045/a-better-way-to-organize-pages" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1618045/a-better-way-to-organize-pages</a>
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
I believe this topic can be closed now, right?
Stephen C. said: I believe this topic can be closed now, right? Yes, this thread should be closed.
The folders appeared, were incredible and great, and now suddenly in the past day or two have disappeared. What gives? Is it an error, or have the folders been taken away?

Edited 1708818096
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Dr. DM,&nbsp; Did you use a new computer, new browser, or clear your cookies/cache? If so you need to enable Beta Features in the My Settings tab in the game.&nbsp;