Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Call of Cthulhu Charactermancer

Hi there, I am trying to get character creation working for CoC 7th Edition. As a keeper, I own the Keeper Rulebook Compendium and have it enabled on the game settings page ( screenshot ). I add a new character, add it to a player's journal and give that same player permissions. So far, so good. When the player opens the sheet, they choose to use the Charactermancer, begin the process and roll their stats. After hitting next, they reach the next step but also have a big white "Page Not Found" thing on the right ( screenshot ). I'm not sure what is supposed to be there - or if it is important, but the bigger problem comes next... After rolling for age and clicking next, the Occupation page tells them that no compendium is loaded ( screenshot ). As you  can see, the thing on the right is being weird again too. What is happening here, and how can I fix this to enable players to choose an Occupation and continue with the creation process? Thanks in advance.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You need to make sure that you have compendium sharing enabled for your game. As a free user, you can share your compendiums with a single game and with no more than 5 people.
Thanks for the response! But after I click Yes for compendium sharing ( screenshot ) and click Save changes down the bottom, that change is immediately undone. When I revisit the page, it is back to 'No' again ( screenshot ). So it doesn't 'stick'. Do I need to upgrade the subscription? This is my first (and only) game I've ever created, and there is only 1 player who has joined. So it seems to be within those rules.

Edited 1632862932
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
How many players are in your game? Actually, the problem is that you don't apply them with the save settings button at the bottom of the page. You apply them with the "Save Compendium Settings" button at the end of the compendium section (right underneath the list of which compendium books you'll be sharing.
OH! That did the trick! Thank you Scott! :)