Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Undo function has stopped working in R20 (possibly due to UDL)

Edited 1633145466
Fuzzy
Plus
Many of my maps have had their undo function cease working: Step 1 - Move token or other object Step 2 - Right click and click "undo" or use Ctrl+Z Step 3 - The object deselects, nothing happens. I can see on many older maps this does not occur, but on newer ones it is happening,  seemingly the ones that have had UDL enabled. Disabling it does not bring undo back on those maps. Enabling UDL on a map from now doesn't seem to cause it either. This started occurring around an hour or two ago from when this is posted, maybe shorter. I've been working at night on a map and at some point it just stopped working (seemed to be about the time this new 'light' tool appeared on the toolbar, maybe during an update? This is observable in both Firefox and Chrome on Windows 7. Additional Observation - This only seems to happen for objects that were already placed. New objects I add can be undone when they move, but ones that were on the map before the last update cannot. I'm starting to think the update last night with the connectivity issues has screwed existing objects on maps that had UDL enabled. That seems to be the common traits for this to occur. An issue like this is causing nightmares with building maps, since it means I need to go digging through layered objects if the one I'm sliding underneath needs shifted, it can't just be undo'ed out.

Edited 1633147700
I just ran into this as well.  It was annoying. Edit: I think if you copy a map, undo doesn't work for anything you move on the copy.
Sean G. said: I just ran into this as well.  It was annoying. Edit: I think if you copy a map, undo doesn't work for anything you move on the copy. This might be it! All the ones I saw it on were copies too. That must be what causes it.
Gold
Forum Champion
I ran into this today, and recognized what it was because of this thread. Move a Token (on a Page that was Copied), hit UNDO, the Token does not return it's previous position. Help!!
Seems its fairly clear it's the copying doing it, not UDL then. Well spotted. Now to just get someone to notice...
Gold
Forum Champion
Had it happening again yesterday.... Again it's on a Duplicated page.... Unable to UNDO the last token-move.  HALP!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Best bet is to file a  Help Center Request . Forum reports have lower visibility and don't generate a ticket.
Sent via the help centre, lets hope that brings up something then.