Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can I Create My Own "Drag and Drop" Things?

Currently, if I have a character sheet I can search for something and and drag and drop it into my sheet. For example, I can quickly add a longsword to my sheet by searching "longsword" under the info tab and then dragging it in. However, let's say I want to create my own weapon that I can drag and drop into multiple character sheets. Is there any way to do this? The closest I could find was this post: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7199579/moving-attacks-from-one-sheet-to-another#newtopic" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7199579/moving-attacks-from-one-sheet-to-another#newtopic</a> . Essentially this described making a button that you can press when a token is selected that runs the equivalent weapon code. Essentially nothing would be added to any character sheet but you could use the weapon with any selected character's attributes. While this allows you to run the new weapon off of multiple sheets, it isn't actually put the weapon on any sheets. This is really what I need and I'm sad that all I can find is this weird work around that doesn't accomplish exactly what I want. So is there any way to make a drag and drop thing? Is there another way I can accomplish this same goal (making something once and adding it to multiple sheets)? Thank you so much!!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't believe so. The drag and drop you're describing is based on using a Compendium, and the sheet being written to take advantage of it. But a Compendium cannot be edited by users - you cant add your own items to an existing Compendium nor create your own custom Compendium.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Compendium is a complex beast with many interdependencies. As written, it would be very difficult for an end user to add to without training, even if such a thing were available.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: The Compendium is a complex beast with many interdependencies. As written, it would be very difficult for an end user to add to without training, even if such a thing were available. We still want it though :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Haha! I suspect Roll20 doesn't want the customer service overhead that would ensue, but yeah, I want it, too.