Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

SWADE Compendium review?

Hi all, I'm interested on SWADE Compendium but before to buy I wold like to hace a look how well it works and how far it goes, since it is quite money. I can't find any light on this. Is there any video review? Thx in advance
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I can share a test game so you can try out the in-game compendium, but don't know if there is a preview of how the external compendium looks like. Sent invite link with PM
Thank you very much!
First: thank you again Andreas for your help. Then, I have made some testing. SWADE Compendium is good but not great because is to much easy to find some issues. Some examples: - Add Size Racial Ability: Size and Toughness on character sheet increases 1 automatically (good). Then delete Size Racial Ability: Size and Toughness DOESN'T decreases by one (bad). [And it seems that Special Abilities doesn't take no more drag and drop] - Leather jacket: Stats on image are wrong, but OK on drag and drop (obviously not the same fields on code). - Book Index entry says "BookIndex" (no space) - Is very dificult to browse items without an age filter (medieval, modern, futuristic...) All issues could be fixed, no doubt, but whem you pay for something you expect not to be a beta tester. On the other hand Roll20 is great, and Savage Worlds well deserves this tools. This needs a little more support, both users and PEG, and future would be shinny.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't know anything about the sheet or the compendium, but if you find an error, it's good to file a  Help Center Request . This will create a ticket for the devs to investigate. Reporting on the forums is no guarantee anyone will see the problem.

Edited 1633452293
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Actually, for the Savage Worlds compendium, you should send an email to:&nbsp; <a href="mailto:incoming+peginc-swade-core-rules-roll20-public-25215657-issue-@incoming.gitlab.com" rel="nofollow">incoming+peginc-swade-core-rules-roll20-public-25215657-issue-@incoming.gitlab.com</a> That will create an issue ticket with the VTT team supporting both the Compendium and the Character Sheet (that's mentioned in the Savage Worlds Compendium, but easily overlooked if you don't read the How to Use this Compendium page). I'll look into the Size issue, but there are complexities there that aren't readily apparent (for example, did the person reduce Size manually, before deleting the Size racial ability?) that would make the sheet look broken and not broken from two different perspectives. The filtering is something I can ask about...there are limitations to what can/can't be done within the Roll20 compendium, I'm not sure about that one. Special abilities for Drag and Drop are being worked on. Edit: I submitted a ticket for these issues.

Edited 1633477977
Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks for submitting your issues.&nbsp; - We have fixed the Leather Jacket entry. - BookIndex is not a spelling error it is a value set by Roll20 - As Special Abilities are not yet drag and drop, the Size ability is set at a different place on the character sheet. You can edit Size/Toughness by using the "Gear" icon next to Size on the character sheet: - We can look into the Wildcard issue, in the meantime if you wish a bestiary entry to be an Extra you can toggle that on the character sheet. - If you are having trouble navigating the weapons list you can also view the tables in the Reference section of the compendium. It contains most of the tables from the book: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/SWADE/Index:Reference" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/SWADE/Index:Reference</a> Thanks for your feedback. VTT Team
Thanks both Finderski and PEG for your quick response. I feel good support on the compendium so I'm in! I will send future issues by email.