Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The One Ring (2) - attempting to create skill list of buttons in chat

I’m trying to create a macro that can list skills in the chat as buttons. I'm wondering why this fails with the TOR2.  Example for Awareness skill check: Character sheet: <button type="roll" value="/me rolls for Awareness against Strength TN (@{strengthtn}) .\n/roll @{favorill} + (@{awareness}+?{Bonus Dice|0})t[@{wearytype}]" name="awarenesscheck"></button>                                                <input type="checkbox" name="attr_awareness_favoured"> <div class="sheet-dots"> <input type="radio" name="attr_awareness" value="0" checked="checked" /><span></span> <input type="radio" name="attr_awareness" value="1" /><span></span> <input type="radio" name="attr_awareness" value="2" /><span></span>   Macro (all these options generate a null result): /w @{selected|character_name}&{template:default} {{ [Awareness](~Selected|awareness) [Awareness](~Selected|attr_awareness) [Awareness](~Selected|awarenesscheck) }}   Output always no ability was found: No ability was found for %{Selected|attr_awareness}

Edited 1633257682
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The button need to have a name with the "roll_" prefix, which this sheet doesn't: &lt;button type="roll" value="/me rolls for Awareness against Strength TN (@{strengthtn}) .\n/roll @{favorill} + (@{awareness}+?{Bonus Dice|0})t[@{wearytype}]" name=" roll_ awarenesscheck"&gt;&lt;/button&gt;&nbsp; should make [Awareness](~Selected|awarenesscheck) to work as chat button. Documentation: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Button" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Button</a> <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Chat_Menu" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Chat_Menu</a> So yeah, someone ought to update the TOR 2E sheet to have functional roll button names so they can be called from the chat or dragged to the macro bar. nevermind I made the fix
cool, much appreciated

Edited 1633257774
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
It was a quick 5min fix for me to make, so the fix have been submitted to Roll20 . The buttons should be usable in chat macros sometime next week. If you check the link and the page says it's "merged", my fix have gone live. As a Pro, you can temporally switch your game to temporally Use custom sheet , using my fixed version of the sheet. Download my versions of the sheet code(go to these pages and right-click, then choose "Save As") sheet.html sheet.css Then follow instructions on the Sheet Editor and how to use it. I recommend to switch back your game to use the version from the dropdown menu once the update is live, so you can receive any future updates to the public sheet.
Cheers, much appreciated. Couple of other things: Character sheet has weary, rather than wearytype which is used in the rolls. A work around is to add two extra d6 tables, (0 and on) or add wearytype and manually change it. But would be better to make weary or wearytype consistent. Also Name can be different in two places causing token macros to fail.
I'm using your sheets in custom - cheers I wrote some long replies with images but that caused the post to fail to send wiping out all the screen grabs (teach me for not writing in word and pasting just in case of failure). Anyhoo, the macro I'm using is currently has a stripped copy of 5e atk template jammed into the css and html and the macro is (hence needing weary/wearytype resolved):&nbsp; /w @{selected|name}&amp;{template:atk} {{desc=**@{selected|name}** **Strength TN:**@{selected|strengthtn} [Awe:@{selected|awe}](~Selected|awecheck) | [Athletics:@{selected|athletics}](~Selected|athleticscheck)&nbsp; [Awareness:@{selected|awareness}](~Selected|awarenesscheck) | [Hunting:@{selected|hunting}](~Selected|huntingcheck) [Song:@{selected|song}](~Selected|songcheck)&nbsp; &nbsp; | [Craft:@{selected|craft}](~Selected|craftcheck) **Heart TN: ** @{selected|hearttn} [Enhearten:@{selected|enhearten}](~Selected|enheartencheck)&nbsp; | [Travel:@{selected|travel}](~Selected|travelcheck) [Insight:@{selected|insight}](~Selected|insightcheck)&nbsp; | [Healing:@{selected|healing}](~Selected|healingcheck) [Courtesy: @{selected|courtesy}](~Selected|courtesycheck)&nbsp; | [Battle:@{selected|battle}](~Selected|battlecheck) **Wits TN: **@{selected|witstn} [Persuade:@{selected|persuade}](~Selected|persuadecheck)&nbsp; | [Stealth:@{selected|stealth}](~Selected|stealthcheck) [Scan:@{selected|scan}](~Selected|scancheck)&nbsp; | [Explore:@{selected|explore}](~Selected|explorecheck) [Riddle:@{selected|riddle}](~Selected|riddlecheck)&nbsp; &nbsp;| [Lore:@{selected|lore}](~Selected|lorecheck) }}