Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can a free account (zweihänder only) join a DnD game?

Edited 1633565909
Heyas While I was trying to prepare a character/-sheet in my own game (obviously zweihänder only, but beeing new i realized pretty late), that there was a "zweihänder" note at the bottom of the sheet. My question now is, can I 'export' that to my vault, and then import to a DnD game? Will stats 'come along' or just name and bio/info - if it is possible at all? Thank you
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It would be vastly better to create a new character with the proper sheet (you can make any number of free games), and copy over the pertinent information. Sheets translate from one to the other poorly, if at all.
Thank you. I only have the "Name" and "Bio" field yet, so I guess copy-paste is still a valid option. :) Anyways, since you did not say no, I assume it'll work. But since you did not mention it with a single word either, I still have to re-ask: Can I, as a totally free account player, I have not bought any digital game/manual stuff, join a DnD game here?
Gold
Forum Champion
Yes you can. Sephrajin said: Can I, as a totally free account player, I have not bought any digital game/manual stuff, join a DnD game here?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The subscription level doesn't matter for a player joining any game. What keithcurtis is talking about is that when you create a character with a specific character sheet (like Zweihander), and then attempt to move that character into a game that is using a different sheet (like D&amp;D 5E), there will be information that is part of the Zweihander sheet that won't display visibly on the D&amp;D 5E sheet.&nbsp; But that info will still be part of the data of the sheet, could potentially cause issues later.&nbsp; It is always best to start fresh when changing to a different character sheet.&nbsp; Even if you haven't filled out most of the sheet, anything that had a default defined value will already exist as sheet data.&nbsp; No matter where you create it, you can import any character you have made (or have edit permissions for) into your character vault.&nbsp; Whether you can export from your vault into a game depends on the vault settings of that game. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Vault" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Vault</a>
@Gold Thank you a lot! :) @Kraynic As a coder, I was semi-aware that this might be an issue after reading keithcurtis answer. Thats why I specificly wrote copy-paste those fields, but having you re-affirm this (empty default values) helps more. Thank you too! :) /solved
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sorry, I was answering the question in the body, and thought it was a clarification of the subject. What the others answered is correct.
:D No worries keithcurtis, I've already realized that you're super-active here. And with me beeing new here and to dnd'ish stuff, I'm totaly overhelmed by everything and was not writing that clear either. Thanks a bunch! And a big kudos to the Roll20 team for being that generous/social! :heart: