Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Advertisement Create a free account

Roll20 Companion App Is In Open Beta for All Users!

Edited 1633722762
Bianca
Roll20 Team
The Roll20 companion app is in open beta for all users! That’s right, GMs and players can now roll at their table . It’s available for iOS and Android devices, including tablets — and you can get started here: <a href="https://app.mobilebetasignup.prod.roll20preflight.net/" rel="nofollow">https://app.mobilebetasignup.prod.roll20preflight.net/</a> &nbsp; &nbsp; The link will also take you to the bug reporting form and our internal Product Board, where you can view and vote on suggestions for future development. We’ll be hard at work with this feedback in mind as we build it out towards a full release.&nbsp; &nbsp; The app currently only supports D&amp;D 5E at this time, with support for other systems coming along down the road. If you have further questions concerning the mobile app, they may be answered over on our Help Center article which includes an FAQ section. &nbsp; Here’s what’s going on with the beta app: &nbsp; Your Games The Roll20 Mobile UI has been built from the ground-up to connect your device to the Roll20 VTT. Swipe and tap to select your games and character sheets.&nbsp; View a game’s name, description, art banner, and the last time you played it, all from your home screen. Choose from character sheets assigned to you. View Character Sheets&nbsp; View your character’s stats, skills, spells, and proficiencies. The sheet’s heads-up display contains your character’s important information at-a-glance, including their armor class, HP, speed, and character portrait. Make Rolls &nbsp; Roll for combat and skill checks!&nbsp; Complete saving throws right from your character sheet.&nbsp; All your rolls are visible in the VTT chat, powered by Roll20’s signature quantum roll server. Your feedback is important! We also look forward to hearing your thoughts and we’ll keep you updated as we work towards the full release. Thanks!
This is excellent.&nbsp; Looking forward to this.&nbsp;&nbsp; If it can be used in tandem with being logged in on a computer it would solve quite a few issues.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Tim S. said: This is excellent.&nbsp; Looking forward to this.&nbsp;&nbsp; If it can be used in tandem with being logged in on a computer it would solve quite a few issues. It can. What issues are you having?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The old "forever loading" issue with non-D&amp;D5E campaigns is gone for me too, great update!
FIG-LX1 - Android SDK28 Whichever character I choose from "Select your character" links through to an empty char sheet
Nicole B.
Roll20 Team
Ben H said: FIG-LX1 - Android SDK28 Whichever character I choose from "Select your character" links through to an empty char sheet Thanks for checking out the app! Can you take a screenshot and report this through the "Report a bug" button in the app with the name of the campaign you're trying to access so we can check it out? When you report through the app, it gives us some extra information that makes it easier to troubleshoot.

Edited 1634410112
So right now it's just characters, chat and rolls ? No VTT at this time? Edit: can now see that chat and rolls don't show up in app. I'm also getting "Can't handle token type InlineEnd" when trying to roll a basic attack. That error also appears in the VTT chat.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
VTT is handled by Table on Tablet . The Roll20 Mobile App is not for that, just for interfacing with character sheets.
keithcurtis said: VTT is handled by Table on Tablet . That's what I've been using for characters as well. Honestly it seems that that's better overall. The app is ridiculously slow just switching tabs, and crashed 3 times trying to select characters. I can't even get a basic attack to show up in the VTT, just an error message.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Peter C. said: keithcurtis said: VTT is handled by Table on Tablet . That's what I've been using for characters as well. Honestly it seems that that's better overall. The app is ridiculously slow just switching tabs, and crashed 3 times trying to select characters. I can't even get a basic attack to show up in the VTT, just an error message. Which character sheet are you using? I haven't run into an issue yet, but have not tested under gaming conditions.
Hi, one question about becomming a Beta: are there any obligations on getting a beta access to the App? I‘d like to Test the App, but I probably will use the App only once or twice per quarter and not using the full extend of functinality. So I think if the seats are too limited its not fair to block one if there are players more in need and able to give better Feedback. On the other Hand if you are desperatly looking for feedback even if it is only from a one-time session I‘ll be glad to provide Feedback. best regards Alpha
keithcurtis said: Which character sheet are you using? I haven't run into an issue yet, but have not tested under gaming conditions. the DnD 5e one is the only one that's on the game i tested.
I have a problem with the mobile app that, when i try to do skill checks and attack rolls that require an item, it doesn't really work... It only sends an error: &nbsp;
Nicole B.
Roll20 Team
Hey there, we're trying to track this bug down now. Do you happen to have "toggle advantage" set? That's one of the causes for this one, so turning it off temporarily might help. xXThe_LolloXx said: I have a problem with the mobile app that, when i try to do skill checks and attack rolls that require an item, it doesn't really work... It only sends an error: &nbsp;