Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Roll20 Companion App Is In Open Beta for All Users!

Edited 1633722762
Bianca
Roll20 Team
The Roll20 companion app is in open beta for all users! That’s right, GMs and players can now roll at their table . It’s available for iOS and Android devices, including tablets — and you can get started here: <a href="https://app.mobilebetasignup.prod.roll20preflight.net/" rel="nofollow">https://app.mobilebetasignup.prod.roll20preflight.net/</a> &nbsp; &nbsp; The link will also take you to the bug reporting form and our internal Product Board, where you can view and vote on suggestions for future development. We’ll be hard at work with this feedback in mind as we build it out towards a full release.&nbsp; &nbsp; The app currently only supports D&amp;D 5E at this time, with support for other systems coming along down the road. If you have further questions concerning the mobile app, they may be answered over on our Help Center article which includes an FAQ section. &nbsp; Here’s what’s going on with the beta app: &nbsp; Your Games The Roll20 Mobile UI has been built from the ground-up to connect your device to the Roll20 VTT. Swipe and tap to select your games and character sheets.&nbsp; View a game’s name, description, art banner, and the last time you played it, all from your home screen. Choose from character sheets assigned to you. View Character Sheets&nbsp; View your character’s stats, skills, spells, and proficiencies. The sheet’s heads-up display contains your character’s important information at-a-glance, including their armor class, HP, speed, and character portrait. Make Rolls &nbsp; Roll for combat and skill checks!&nbsp; Complete saving throws right from your character sheet.&nbsp; All your rolls are visible in the VTT chat, powered by Roll20’s signature quantum roll server. Your feedback is important! We also look forward to hearing your thoughts and we’ll keep you updated as we work towards the full release. Thanks!
This is excellent.&nbsp; Looking forward to this.&nbsp;&nbsp; If it can be used in tandem with being logged in on a computer it would solve quite a few issues.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Tim S. said: This is excellent.&nbsp; Looking forward to this.&nbsp;&nbsp; If it can be used in tandem with being logged in on a computer it would solve quite a few issues. It can. What issues are you having?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The old "forever loading" issue with non-D&amp;D5E campaigns is gone for me too, great update!
FIG-LX1 - Android SDK28 Whichever character I choose from "Select your character" links through to an empty char sheet
Ben H said: FIG-LX1 - Android SDK28 Whichever character I choose from "Select your character" links through to an empty char sheet Thanks for checking out the app! Can you take a screenshot and report this through the "Report a bug" button in the app with the name of the campaign you're trying to access so we can check it out? When you report through the app, it gives us some extra information that makes it easier to troubleshoot.

Edited 1634410112
So right now it's just characters, chat and rolls ? No VTT at this time? Edit: can now see that chat and rolls don't show up in app. I'm also getting "Can't handle token type InlineEnd" when trying to roll a basic attack. That error also appears in the VTT chat.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
VTT is handled by Table on Tablet . The Roll20 Mobile App is not for that, just for interfacing with character sheets.
keithcurtis said: VTT is handled by Table on Tablet . That's what I've been using for characters as well. Honestly it seems that that's better overall. The app is ridiculously slow just switching tabs, and crashed 3 times trying to select characters. I can't even get a basic attack to show up in the VTT, just an error message.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Peter C. said: keithcurtis said: VTT is handled by Table on Tablet . That's what I've been using for characters as well. Honestly it seems that that's better overall. The app is ridiculously slow just switching tabs, and crashed 3 times trying to select characters. I can't even get a basic attack to show up in the VTT, just an error message. Which character sheet are you using? I haven't run into an issue yet, but have not tested under gaming conditions.
Hi, one question about becomming a Beta: are there any obligations on getting a beta access to the App? I‘d like to Test the App, but I probably will use the App only once or twice per quarter and not using the full extend of functinality. So I think if the seats are too limited its not fair to block one if there are players more in need and able to give better Feedback. On the other Hand if you are desperatly looking for feedback even if it is only from a one-time session I‘ll be glad to provide Feedback. best regards Alpha
keithcurtis said: Which character sheet are you using? I haven't run into an issue yet, but have not tested under gaming conditions. the DnD 5e one is the only one that's on the game i tested.
I have a problem with the mobile app that, when i try to do skill checks and attack rolls that require an item, it doesn't really work... It only sends an error: &nbsp;
Hey there, we're trying to track this bug down now. Do you happen to have "toggle advantage" set? That's one of the causes for this one, so turning it off temporarily might help. xXThe_LolloXx said: I have a problem with the mobile app that, when i try to do skill checks and attack rolls that require an item, it doesn't really work... It only sends an error: &nbsp;
I'm not able to access my character even though my DM has given me sole access - I keep getting the 'You don't have access to any characters' message.&nbsp; I can manipulate my character icon through the website version, but not the app, either on my tablet or my phone.&nbsp; Any ideas?
Aaron H. said: I'm not able to access my character even though my DM has given me sole access - I keep getting the 'You don't have access to any characters' message.&nbsp; I can manipulate my character icon through the website version, but not the app, either on my tablet or my phone.&nbsp; Any ideas? Is it both assigned so you can edit it and listed in your journal? Both need to be set for a character to be available on the app.

Edited 1635293880
Nicole B.
Roll20 Team
Hey friends. We've released a new version of the character sheet into the wild! New sections of your character sheet are now available! Edit your HP! Roll a death save! Equip your Gauntlet of Ogre Power! You won't need to update your app to see these changes, they'll be there the next time you open the app. Or, if not, in a few hours as it rolls out to everyone. Here are the changes to the character sheet: Added Resources &amp; Tools Tab - Contains Resources, Tool Proficiencies, Custom Skills, Other Proficiencies, and Languages. Added Health and Death Tab - Contains Hit Points, Hit Dice, and Death Saves. Added Inventory Tab - Contains Money and Equipment Updated Features and Traits Tab - Users can now send a feature or trait's description to VTT chat. Fixed an issue with Initiative rolls returning a blank roll result.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hey, this is getting pretty close to finished!

Edited 1635346530
Keith just cursed this with a severe case of the UDLs!!!&nbsp; &nbsp; :) finished is a strong word,&nbsp; any sign of global attack modifiers,&nbsp; global damage modifiers, global save modifiers, rolling Dis/Advantage Custom skills Skills with various Abilities in query also: Spells ... none selected show under the spells tab. but fireball and some show under the combat tab Lightning bolt shows under neither initiative does not add the roll to the init tracker .. either with or without the token selected on desktop
Mach Ten said: Keith just cursed this with a severe case of the UDLs!!!&nbsp; &nbsp; :) finished is a strong word,&nbsp; any sign of global attack modifiers,&nbsp; global damage modifiers, global save modifiers, Global attack and save modifiers should work as intended. If you're not seeing one of those, please submit a ticket with the campaign/character you're using so we can investigate what's going on there. Global damage modifiers are on our radar. rolling Dis/Advantage This is also already in the app. :) Custom skills Skills with various Abilities in query Custom skills and queries like that should work -- as above, if you have a specific custom skill that isn't working, please submit a ticket so we can figure out exactly what's going wonky and fix that issue for you. If you're using iOS, we have a release coming very soon with a fix for a roll query bug specific to that platform, so you may be running into that bug (if you are, selecting another value in the query dialog and then selecting the default value again should fix it as a quick workaround). Spells ... none selected show under the spells tab. but fireball and some show under the combat tab Lightning bolt shows under neither I'd have to see your character and campaign to troubleshoot this, especially with some more detail on what "selected" means in this context and what you expect the behavior to be. If you submit a ticket with more information on these issues though, we're happy to dive into them and figure out where the problem is. Basically what I'm getting at here is that we're still actively working on this, don't worry, and we go through each and every ticket and forum post to identify bugs and iron them out. Thanks for giving us a shot :)
Public v whisper rolls - required to make selection everytime when You click to make a roll it now seems to require you to select public vrs whisper every time - which is a but annoying as you have to make 3 clicks to roll rather than just 1 given that 90% of rolls will be public, could it default to public rolls without you having to select public every time ?
You can change that setting under the settings tab in any character sheet!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's a little more convoluted than that, depending on the desired setting. The default behavior needs to be set in the campaign settings. (some GMs prefer that the default be whispered). I have not verified mobile response to the procedures below, but here is my guide to setting whisper settings: Note that the whisper settings are attached to each individual sheet, there is no actual game setting. These instructions are for changing the defaults for all the character sheets in the game, then applying the settings to all existing sheets. Note that this will also change your PC sheets - you will have to manually change them to a different setting if one is preferred. Here are the ways to toggle this behavior: Always Whisper Go to the&nbsp;Campaign Settings Page Choose "Always Whisper Rolls" under "WHISPER ROLLS TO GM" in the Default Sheet Settings Save Load your game Go to the settings tab on the right and scroll to the bottom where you will find a button that says Apply Default Settings. Press it. Choose to update the Whisper settings. Wait a minute or two for it to resolve.&nbsp;There is a thin easy-to-miss progress bar. Never Whisper There's a bug in the game settings that doesn't recognize "Never Whisper Rolls", possibly because it is trying to write a blank value. The solution is to use&nbsp;Whisper Toggle. The default is public, so once this is set, all rolls should show. Go to the&nbsp;Campaign Settings Page Choose "Whisper Toggle" under "WHISPER ROLLS TO GM" in the Default Sheet Settings Save Load your game Go to the settings tab on the right and scroll to the bottom where you will find a button that says Apply Default Settings. Press it. Choose to update the Whisper settings. Wait a minute or two for it to resolve.&nbsp;There is a thin easy-to-miss progress bar. Query Whisper The default is public, so once this is set, all rolls should show by default unless you choose otherwise. Go to the&nbsp;Campaign Settings Page Choose "Query Whisper" under "WHISPER ROLLS TO GM" in the Default Sheet Settings Save Load your game Go to the settings tab on the right and scroll to the bottom where you will find a button that says Apply Default Settings. Press it. Choose to update the Whisper settings. Wait a minute or two for it to resolve.&nbsp;There is a thin easy-to-miss progress bar. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7. Have fun!
Great to see, I found the old one to be barely usable on iPad
Nicole B. said: Global attack and save modifiers should work as intended. If you're not seeing one of those, please submit a ticket with the campaign/character you're using so we can investigate what's going on there. Global damage modifiers are on our radar. I can't see the global attack or damage selections in the App ... BUT ... if I select them in my char sheet on the webpage .. the roller includes them in the calculation but there's no point using the app if I'm clicking the webpage already to select those options ..&nbsp; tested BLESS and Sneak attack as modifiers. rolling Dis/Advantage This is also already in the app. :) found the toggle in the settings ... point to note ... you have the option on default as TOGGLE disadvantage but the app has no toggle,&nbsp; so moving to QUERY .. brings the choice up per roll. Custom skills Skills with various Abilities in query Custom skills and queries like that should work -- as above, if you have a specific custom skill that isn't working, please submit a ticket so we can figure out exactly what's going wonky and fix that issue for you. If you're using iOS, we have a release coming very soon with a fix for a roll query bug specific to that platform, so you may be running into that bug (if you are, selecting another value in the query dialog and then selecting the default value again should fix it as a quick workaround). can't see a box for any other than standard skills ..&nbsp; can't see anywhere to change a Skill check from say WIS to DEX ? Spells ... none selected show under the spells tab. but fireball and some show under the combat tab Lightning bolt shows under neither I'd have to see your character and campaign to troubleshoot this, especially with some more detail on what "selected" means in this context and what you expect the behavior to be. If you submit a ticket with more information on these issues though, we're happy to dive into them and figure out where the problem is Basically what I'm getting at here is that we're still actively working on this, don't worry, and we go through each and every ticket and forum post to identify bugs and iron them out. Thanks for giving us a shot :) character has several spells on character sheet ... but in app, none of them show under the SPELLS tab yet fireball appears (and works) under the COMBAT tab No worries on testing this out ... it'd be fun if it does the majority of stuff that the web page does.
Hi again! We're pushing a new build to the iOS and Android betas right now. Keep an eye out and be sure to update as these roll out over the next few hours! The newest build for both iOS and Android is build 133 . Here are the release notes: Improved character sheet load times and navigation performance by 4x!!!! Added prompts to opt into tracking services such as surveys and anonymous analytics. Fixed issue with "on clicked" sheetworker reporting incorrect eventInfo. iOS: Fixed issue with advantage queries where advantage and disadvantage were not rolling as expected. Android: Fixed issue with devices getting logged out prematurely.

Edited 1635457778
Just checking this out. Seems pretty cool. Only question. Is there any use for this as a dm? All I can see currently is character sheets of npcs as I am the dm. Specifically looking to connect to voice and video as that would be awesome to run off my phone cus my mic is better and the video wouldnt be taking up space on my computer screen. Im guessing this isn't a thing yet but just curious if there is any use for this as a dm/gm? Also, mobile access to purchased compendiums would be great.
Jesse said: Just checking this out. Seems pretty cool. Only question. Is there any use for this as a dm? All I can see currently is character sheets of npcs as I am the dm. Specifically looking to connect to voice and video as that would be awesome to run off my phone cus my mic is better and the video wouldnt be taking up space on my computer screen. Im guessing this isn't a thing yet but just curious if there is any use for this as a dm/gm? Also, mobile access to purchased compendiums would be great. DM support is something we're looking towards in the future, but as of now the use for a GM is the same as for a player -- if you have a character sheet assigned to you and in your journal, you can access it and make rolls from it. Compendium support is something we're actively working on right now! So keep an eye out for it...eventually :)

Edited 1635976805
Nicole B.
Roll20 Team
Small update to the Android app only today. It's now on build 134. We weren’t satisfied with the speed improvements in the last release so we locked the devs in a room for a couple days and slid them flat foods under the door.&nbsp; Eventually they gave us a build that we felt was good enough to share with you.&nbsp; You may notice that character sheets load quicker and perform better.&nbsp; Rolls that have invalid syntax will now display the error message instead of a little purple hexagon.&nbsp; We don’t have anything against hexagons, but we do feel they should be dismissible.

Edited 1636390889
The "Tormenta"'s sistem sheets have a problem with the bonuses, this just shows the function instead the numeric bonus.

Edited 1636392068
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
TORBOT said: The "Tormenta"'s sistem sheets have a problem with the bonuses, this just shows the function instead the numeric bonus. None of the sheet's with "Tormenta" in the name are optimized for mobile, and are all community sheets, so this isn't surprising. But looking at the code for Tormenta 20 sheet you screenshotted, I'd say the issue it that mobile doesn't seem to work with old sheets that have auto-calc sections, among things. So seems that at the very least, old sheets using auto-calc needs to be refactored to use sheetworkers instead.
We've released a new version of the app just in time for Roll20Con! I am now going to take a nap for 3 days. Please enjoy. iOS and Android are now on version 1.0.2 . Release notes: We've revamped the landing page, adding a direct link to the Help Center.&nbsp;Darker, sleeker, and now we have a wizard hat on our landing page which is pretty much what we're all about, isn't it? Maybe it's just me... We've fixed an issue where people were still seeing kicked players in the player total. We've sorted all characters in a campaign alphabetically. Another great reason to name your next character Andrew Aardvark. Sorry for all ZZ Top characters out there, but at least now you know exactly where you'll be in the list.
We've released a new version of the D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 mobile character sheet! Now you can tick off your copper every time you order another round at the tavern. We've also squashed a few bugs to improve the whole experience. You won't need to update your app to see these changes, they should roll out over the next few hours automatically. Release notes: Improved currency tracking! Now you can edit your gold as well as view it. Or platinum, if you're super rich. Various minor visual upgrades. Resolved a bug that caused used spell slots to not sync between mobile and desktop. Resolved a bug that caused your proficiency bonus to sometimes not display.
We are moving all updates and bug reports into our nice lil stickied thread over in the Bug Report forum. You can find it at this link . We'll be closing this thread accordingly. Please feel free to give us feedback and bug reports over there!