Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Could there be a system implemented that would allow a player to hold CO-DM permissions.

I am both a player and a DM for my group. We play one game on Friday and one game on Saturday. The game we run on Saturday is the one I am DM in and I'm quite versed in Roll20 and its different systems. But the game we play on Friday is run by another member of our group, and he is less capable due to less time to learn Roll20 as a system and has a less powerful computer so loading multiple programs is a big ask of his laptop. What I'm proposing is a check box that could be hit to give permission by the main DM to allow the player to act as DM temporarily to do tedious things like aligning maps properly on the battle grid, or importing tokens and setting up HP syncing with the character sheets.  There's a myriad of things I could suggest that I'd be able to help with but at that point, I'm just listing the features of Roll20. I wanted to post this here to see if it got any traction and for people who are far smarter than me to tell me all the reasons why it can't happen. All thoughts and criticisms are appreciated. TLDR: My DM has a weak computer and poor grasp of Roll20's more complex systems and I'd like to do some of the grunt work for setting up the session for him but am unable to without logging in through his account which is a bit of an invasion of privacy.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The creator of the game can already promote/demote a player to GM status.  It is done on the game launch/details page.
No F*%&ing way I'm THAT  dense...I'll go look, if that's the case you are a Saint.
Gold
Forum Champion
Yep, the 2 best-buttons you're looking for are: As GM, on the Game Details page (the web page outside the tabletop), hover over that player press Promote To Co-GM. As the Co-GM person, Launch Game, you're in GM mode. Go to settings at the top-right, "Log In As Player" to be out-of-GM-mode when needed.
That's fantastic. Thanks a million.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .