Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I accidentally removed the words "Market Ward" from my GM layer... how do I get it back?

In my Tomb of Annihilation game, I was messing a bit with the DM layer, and I accidentally deleted the words "Market Ward". I'm supposing it is some kind of "token" image? How do I get it back?
Just use the text tool and put it back. If you need to, you can hold the [alt] key to position it exactly where you want. In the future you can undo a mistake by right clicking the tabletop and choosing [undo].
The text tool is definitely the solution with the least hassle. That said, if you really want the "Market Ward" image from the original module (so that it matches the other labels), you can: 1. Create a new game using the Tomb on Annihilation module. 2. Go to the GM layer on the appropriate map. 3. Select the "Market Ward" image and press Z. 4. Save the image. 5. Upload the image to your art library. 6. In your original game, drag the uploaded "Market Ward" image to the appropriate place on the map (holding down Alt or Option to avoid image distortion from unwanted grid snapping, if your map page happens to have a grid enabled.) [Alternatively, you can pay for a month of Pro to use the transmogrifier tool to copy pages between games, but that seems even more like overkill than the process above.]
You can also use the Character Vault to move images from one game to another: Create a character in the duplicate Tomb of Annihilation game named 'Map Image'. Keep the 'Map Image' character sheet open to the edit screen. Select the map image on the VTT. Save the map image as the default token for the 'Map Image' character. Outside of the game, open your Character Vault Click on the blue '+Import Characters' button Scroll to the 'Map Image' character in the Character Vault list, and export it into the original game Drag the 'Map Image' character out onto the VTT. The nice part about doing it this way is you won't lose anything from compression between games, and it'll retain its size so you don't have to do anything wonky to figure out how to size it correctly.  I'm not sure if Roll20 compresses images that are shown by pressing 'Z' or not.
Sarah Rebecca Cohen said: The text tool is definitely the solution with the least hassle. That said, if you really want the "Market Ward" image from the original module (so that it matches the other labels), you can: 1. Create a new game using the Tomb on Annihilation module. 2. Go to the GM layer on the appropriate map. 3. Select the "Market Ward" image and press Z. 4. Save the image. 5. Upload the image to your art library. 6. In your original game, drag the uploaded "Market Ward" image to the appropriate place on the map (holding down Alt or Option to avoid image distortion from unwanted grid snapping, if your map page happens to have a grid enabled.) [Alternatively, you can pay for a month of Pro to use the transmogrifier tool to copy pages between games, but that seems even more like overkill than the process above.] that did it, thanks a lot!