Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e stat block converter question

Edited 1633922440
Is there a way to convert 5e stat blocks to npc's or monsters sheest in the journal. I remember there was one for PF1 a while back.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Convert from what to what? There is a DnDBeyond character importer, but I think it had problems last time I checked.
keithcurtis said: Convert from what to what? There is a DnDBeyond character importer, but I think it had problems last time I checked. Like it says 5e stat blocks to monsters in your journal. PF1 you could copy and paste stat blocks onto a sheet and a script would convert them into a monster in your journal. Just add token and your ready to go.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I know the script for the the shaped sheet has or had some functionality like that. The problem is that there is a lot of variation in how statblocks are formatted at the character level. The ones I have seen break pretty easily. I imagine the PF1 sheet had a preferred source for their statblocks?

Edited 1633925176
keithcurtis said: I know the script for the the shaped sheet has or had some functionality like that. The problem is that there is a lot of variation in how statblocks are formatted at the character level. The ones I have seen break pretty easily. I imagine the PF1 sheet had a preferred source for their statblocks?  Not so much a preferred source but a standard formatting based on Paizo's official format.