Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 3.5 - Crit Damage Macro

So, our DM has her own method of critical damage on a Nat 20, and I am trying to find a universal way to make it work in our macros. If weapon damage is 1d8, i want it to take the max number possible, which is 8, but if another sheet has 1d10, take that as a 10 instead, is that possible? Thanks for the help.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You should be able to just change the crit calculation to manually override the normal crit rules: from  [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]] d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]] *( @{weapon1damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack Bonus?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon])  to   6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult} -2 ) ]] d6 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]] *( @{weapon1damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack Bonus?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon])  the areas in bold will be custom per weapon of course but that should do it, note how the critmultiplier for the dice changes to -2 (italicised for your convenience) since we are assuming the first die is maxed... this means for a normal x2 weapon you'll just get the flat 6 on top of your normal damage, for a x3 weapon you'd get the flat 6 + 1d6 (then the rest of the crit stuff too). Hope that makes sense and does what you need, been a while since I dabbled in 3.5e and already I have a headache from it :D