Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Advertisement Create a free account

Chrome Issue

I have noticed an issue that I have no idea how to fix. Whenever I open up a character sheet in Chrome, my chrome tab crashes. This does not happen in firefox. I have tried to clear my cache, this does not fix it. This happens with 5e sheets only, as far as I know This is happening with a few of my acquaintances as well
1634047606
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Which sheet are you using?
1634071099
I noticed the same thing started happening to me as well this past Sunday. It was working just fine earlier in the day, then had a Chrome update (Version 94.0.4606.81) and now takes forever to open a D&D 5e by Roll20 character sheet. Sometimes it will eventually load properly (minutes) other times it would cause Roll20 to crash and reload. - I cleared my cache - Disabled all add-ons - Rebooted my comp
1634074979

Edited 1634074993
keithcurtis said: Which sheet are you using? 5E by Roll20, the main 5E one
1634079486
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I can report that this doesn't happen to me. I tested with The Camp Clearwater Massacre and the D&D 5E by Roll20 character sheet.  macOS Big Sur Version 11.6 Chrome Version 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (x86_64)
1634087648
Yes. Verified. This issue began for me Monday morning U.S. time. Each time I attempt to open any character sheet the game locks up and has to be reloaded. I am running Chrome as well. I am running the Mad Mage Module on the D&D 5e sheet on a PC. It has run without problems until Monday. The error is new.
1634099560
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Your best bet is to file a  Help Center Request  and get dev assistance.
I've also noticed an irregular amount of errors triggered when loading character sheets recently. It didn't cause any of them to crash, so this might be unrelated, but just in case. TL;DR: Try in Incognito mode! These are the errors, originating from AdBlock extension on Chrome: You can press F12 to view the dev console. If you see that these errors appear whenever you try loading a character sheet, you could try disabling adblock entirely (as these errors are still triggered when it's only paused), or try in Incognito mode. This resolved the errors for me, hopefully it may also help with the crashes...
1634335311
Initially I only disabled add-ons I had installed for gaming. I ended up disabling all add-ons, including ones for Google and everything started working properly again. I re-enabled all add-ons, which triggered some updates for them and still had no issues. There must have been an incompatible issue between some of the add-ons and the Chrome update that has now been resolved.