Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting - Explorer mode issues - Does it work or not?

Edited 1634015282
Took 45 minutes to get playing - very frustrating.  Players started in a room UDL working fine. A player clicked on his token and could see the whole map. Spent 45+ minutes trying to resolve the issue no luck. So.... Deleted the players character sheet. Added a new character sheet. Added a token. Attached new character sheet to new token changed settings etc. etc. No change - player could see entire map. So.... Turned off Explorer mode for the page (lvl 10 of DotMM. players started in rm 29c) and UDL worked fine player couldn't see entire map anymore. Played a couple of hours with no UDL problems. When finished we returned all players to room 29C and tried to turn Explorer mode on with the intent to walk through the explored dungeon rooms. NOPE - as soon as Explorer mode turned on for the page the player with the initial problem could see the entire map again! To say that roll20 has been very frustrating is an understatement. I have been spending too many hours trying to test things with dummy account creating new games, importing/exporting characters using the vault to new game, new tokens, new character sheets, anything and everything just to try to have it run smooth for the group but always there is an issue, a delay, and the fun factor goes out the window as we start the night off with problems again with roll20.  Was hoping for a good night since we did the audio testing the other day after I created a new game because we could not get the audio working for the four of us for two weeks - why it would have anything to do with the game I don't know but having created and testing on a new game it worked fine so deleted the old one and everyone was finally ready to just play.  Ya dream on..... If someone knows WTF is going on with UDL and Explorer mode let me know. If it simply does not work please let me know so I can quit wasting hours of time with it and with my players testing it.
Rob B. said: If someone knows WTF is going on with UDL and Explorer mode let me know. If it simply does not work please let me know so I can quit wasting hours of time with it and with my players testing it. Just my .02 - there are still a lot of issues with UDL in general.  For some people it seems to run perfectly with no issues.  For others (such as myself,) I frequently deal with significant lag, having to hop between browsers to see if one works better than the other (currently Firefox is so laggy that it is unusable with UDL, even though LDL works without issues.) Staff at Roll20 have asked for proof of issues, as users to run through various testing issues, and then when provided, don't respond quickly (or at all) as to the troubleshooting steps. Ideally Roll20 would build a webpage that serves as a testing site for UDL.  I.E., you visit the site, click a button that says "Check my PC for compatibility with UDL."  The site would then run various tests and provide you with a summary screen letting you know if your PC, browser, graphics card, what have you, is unable to run UDL. The current process of end-users having to perform hours of testing to try to determine why UDL is not working for them is asking too much of paying customers. -Adam