Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

you should be able to pull creatures and items from the compendium that are exclusive to various modules for D&D 5e

So as of right now you can only pull creatures/items from the main rule books but I found that lets say if I want to pull the tyrannosaurus zombie from tomb of annihilation adventure witch I own, I can't. If I want to add it I have to put it in on my own witch is time consuming, so we should be allowed to pull creatures and items from any adventure we own but as of right now we can't, should be a easy thing to implement.   
If you own an adventure on Roll20, then you would have access to those monsters in that source book.
Oginme said: If you own an adventure on Roll20, then you would have access to those monsters in that source book. Yes, but in many cases you can only use them within that adventure, alternatively drag them over via the Transmogrifier 

Edited 1634154844
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Many of the adventures were released on Roll20 prior to many of the current quality-of-life things we now take for granted. Newer adventures do include monsters and such as compendium content. Older adventures don't and haven't been updated with new QoL items. You can check to see what each item includes on it's own marketplace page. For instance, Wild Beyond the Witchlight includes the following line to show that it has Compendium items enabled: Compendium You can access all of the rules, items, and creatures from The Wild Beyond the Witchlight in the in-app compendium, as well as on the Roll20 web compendium. For older modules, Transmogrifier (a Pro perk) is your best way to move NPCs and monsters between games.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .