Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help on Attack Macros on 1e Pathfinder by Roll20 Sheet (Technical)

Hello, I have a character with 8 BAB and improved two weapon fighting who gets four attacks (one iterative for each hand). She also has two natural weapon attacks (themed as kicks), for a total of 6 attacks. Besides the two from BAB, the character sheet only has space for three additional attacks, so I Up Arrow'd the attack macro and copy/pasted the code into a word document . I read the Roll Templates page  to figure out that I can copy/paste a "block" and replace all of the "roll7" with "roll6" in a new block to create a new attack. It works and adds the sixth attack. Unfortunately despite the " {{roll6name=Left Jab}} " the name of this attack becomes "Attack #7" instead of "Left Jab."  I have tried using rollX {with 1 ≤ X ≤6 }, but each of them gives an attack number instead of the declared name. The first image below is the unmodified attack, which lacks the sixth attack called "Left Kick." In that image, Attack #1 and #2 are part of the original iterative Roll block in the code. Left Jab is roll7, the second Left Jab is roll8, and the Right Kick is roll9. The second image below is after the modified code. I changed roll7 to roll6, roll8 to roll7, and roll9 to roll8, to make room for a new roll9, which is named Left Kick. The sixth attack was added, but now the Left Jab (roll6) has its name overridden by "Attack #7." Does anyone have a fix for this? Thank you for your time.
Nobody? :/

Edited 1634321712
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Brenden said: Nobody? :/ That makes you the new expert Brenden. ;-) Honestly, it sounds like you know more about the limitations of that sheet's attack roll template than anyone else... When I use your macro, I get something that looks quite a bit different than the image you posted above?  Are those images from the same macro you posted? (FYI, I do not know this sheet other than at a basic level, it's likely I'm not doing something correctly...)
vÍnce said: Brenden said: Nobody? :/ FYI, I do not know this sheet other than at a basic level, it's likely I'm not doing something correctly... Thanks for the reply. I was messing around earlier and added a bunch of extra attacks. I forgot to revert it back when I was finished. I have reverted it to produce the attack roll in my second image. I have also added highlights to show all of the text that was changed to get from my first image to my second image. The Roll numbers for each block plus the new block at the bottom. There is a unique block at the top which processes iterative attacks using BAB Full. After that, additional attacks can be made by copying the highlighted block of code at the end and replacing all five instances of the roll number to be a different number, 1 through 9. The issue is, seemingly, that numbers 1-6 have their names overridden by "Attack #X," and only rolls 7-9 process a different nametag. Rolls 7-9 seem to be attached to the three "Additional Attack" slots in the Weapons/Attacks box of the character sheet. So yeah, I'm just looking for a way to name the other additional attacks.