Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Long time DM looking to DM first online campaign

Hi all, been playing for years, usually DM my groups. Just looking for some players to run in my homebrew setting.  New to roll20, so still learning the ropes. Trying to gauge interest in my game. Thank you.
Could be fun, I'm in.
im interested to learn more
What system you plan to use?
I think players are constantly looking for game Facilitators. You'll probably get more bites by teasing or describing the setting and stating what day and time you'd like. I am assuming since you used DM that it'll be 5e? Either way, looking forward to hearing more
Dangerweasel said: I think players are constantly looking for game Facilitators. You'll probably get more bites by teasing or describing the setting and stating what day and time you'd like. I am assuming since you used DM that it'll be 5e? Either way, looking forward to hearing more You are definitely correct, I am just so new to online DnD this was just to get some gauge of interest. I was planning on making a more formal post later and reaching out to those individuals that expressed interest.
No sweat at all! We all have to start somewhere after all. c:
You might want to join a game to learn the basics. DM online is a big shift. Even after doing it for over a decade, it can still be clungy.
While I see your point taibhsear, the biggest hurdles to online DMing come with making full use of whatever interface you're using, and depending on the DM's style, that can be almost entirely avoided. The more you rely on theater of the mind, and less on battlemaps and such, the easier it is to adjust to the new platform in baby steps. Figure out character sheets and how the configurations on them work, and build your way up to fun map construction and macros n such. Really, I learned very little about the Roll20 interface until I started running a game. As long as you're straightforward with your experience, plenty of players will send you macros and help explain things along the way to make games run smoother. The biggest thing players care about is a good story, fun environment, and the creative freedom we all look for in tabletop games.
Well, I'm curious enough to want to know more. 
Welcome.  I'd be interested in joining your venture, whatever that may entail.  
Charles S. said: Dangerweasel said: I think players are constantly looking for game Facilitators. You'll probably get more bites by teasing or describing the setting and stating what day and time you'd like. I am assuming since you used DM that it'll be 5e? Either way, looking forward to hearing more You are definitely correct, I am just so new to online DnD this was just to get some gauge of interest. I was planning on making a more formal post later and reaching out to those individuals that expressed interest. You'll have no lack of interest! Online, players seem to vastly outnumber GMs, and you're liable to be buried in interested parties unless you're very specific with what exactly you're looking to run and what your schedule is like! ... and sometimes, even that won't save you, and you'll still get 30+ applicants. ;) Either way, welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay. :)
I would love to finally find a party