Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with Custom Sheet Bug

Edited 1634195955
Hello, I'm no programmer, I had someone help me create this sheet. But, he couldn't fix something because he had to move and life got in the way. Currently, under the Abilities Tab on the&nbsp; custom sheet, you can select from the dropdown which Attribute applies to the ability. But it is currently defaulted to a skill or attribute. The skills tab works when you select which Attribute applies to the skill.&nbsp; Additionally, I would like a way to add the damage information to be added to an ability, if it's an ability that can attack (Dice count, Dice type, bonus damage, etc). Something that the user can fill the fields in for the macro that the roll button presents. Here is the github to the html and css:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/MavSantroy/Drakudai.git" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/MavSantroy/Drakudai.git</a> &nbsp; Here is a link to a video showing what is going on, sorry about the audio... <a href="https://youtu.be/NWCd-BfTK_c" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/NWCd-BfTK_c</a> &nbsp; This is totally based on a custom rules set of my own making.
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Michael, I understand you might not have created this sheet yourself, but I just had a quick look at this and then tried some things out. In general there seems to be some unfinished things here, as you mentioned someone helped you.&nbsp; This is some of what I have gathered; There is a hardcoded roll for the button in the Abilities repeating section. It will always use a D20 modified by the Survival general skill, the same for each ability added. You can test this by adding points to the Survival skill, and see it being used for any ability you add. It also seems like the General Skills only use the actual skill value as modifier to the rolls, and the other modifiers are not used.&nbsp; Also, the Attribute dropdown only listed the attributes, it actually didn't have any values linked to the each. So you have set up a value by filling by autocalc, e.g. value="@{strength}", to make it use the right value. So I did that. Now, you can add the additional repeating section attributes to the roll and button text, but in order for that to work they may need to have default values or it may not work properly, so just adding value=0 to those helps. The Skill Progression is a mystery to me, not sure how that works in your game engine or whether it is part of the roll calculation or not. In my example I just added a few additional rolls as values for the dropdown, which will be rolled separately and result added to the roll calculation as positive modifier. In the General Skills the buttons show a Dice + Modifier, which currently just displays the actual skill value as the modifier. I have tried a few things to see if this can easily use the other modifiers too, but to no avail. I tried a hidden attribute with a auto-calculated value, but there is still a known issue displaying those in a span tag. So, I had to use an input field inside a button tag, perhaps not the best html but with a little CSS it looks a bit like normal text.&nbsp; So, what I came up with that seems to work is the below HTML and CSS code. The HTML should replace the fieldset for the Abilities repeating section (line 1201), and the CSS added perhaps after the class sheet-blank-roll-button (line 335). If you want the files I have then just send me a personal message and I can put them somewhere to share. Html:&nbsp; &lt;fieldset class='repeating_skills'&gt; &lt;input class='sheet-abilities-toggle' type='hidden' name='attr_toggle-abilities'&gt; &lt;div class="widget sheet-section-abilities-hidden"&gt; &lt;div class="borderedContainer"&gt; &lt;table&gt; &lt;tr&gt; &lt;td class="skill-input"&gt;&lt;input type='checkbox' name='attr_toggle-abilities' value="1" checked&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;td class="skill-name"&gt;&lt;span class="subheading" name="attr_skill"&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;td class="skill-bonus"&gt;&lt;button class="blank-roll-button" type="roll" value="&amp;{template:default} {{name=@{skill}}} {{roll=[[1d20+@{survival}]]}}" &gt;+&lt;span name="attr_survival" &gt;&lt;/button&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;/table&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div class="widget sheet-section-abilities-revealed"&gt; &lt;div class="borderedContainer"&gt; &lt;table&gt; &lt;tr&gt; &lt;th class="skill-name"&gt;&lt;input type='checkbox' name='attr_toggle-abilities' value="1" checked&gt;Ability&lt;/th&gt; &lt;th class="skill-bonus"&gt;Roll&lt;/th&gt; &lt;th class="skill-attribute"&gt;Attribute&lt;/th&gt; &lt;th class="skill-input"&gt;VI&lt;/th&gt; &lt;th class="skill-input"&gt;Cause&lt;/th&gt; &lt;th class="skill-input"&gt;Misc&lt;/th&gt; &lt;th class="skill-progression"&gt;Progr.&lt;/th&gt; &lt;th class="skill-input"&gt;Points&lt;/th&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr&gt; &lt;td class="skill-name"&gt;&lt;input class="inputfield text blue-color" style="width: 120px;" type="text" name="attr_skill"/&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;td class="skill-bonus"&gt;&lt;button class="blank-roll-button" type="roll" value="&amp;{template:default} {{name=@{skill} }} {{roll=[[1d20+@{skillAttribute}+@{skillVI}+@{skillCause}+@{skillMisc}+@{skillProgression}]]}}" &gt;+&lt;input class="blank-roll-button-mod" type="number" name="attr_skillModifier" value="[[((@{skillAttribute})+@{skillVI}+@{skillCause}+@{skillMisc})]]" disabled="true" /&gt;&lt;!--span name="attr_skillModifier" disabled="true"&gt;0&lt;/span--&gt;&lt;/button&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;td class="skill-attribute"&gt; &lt;select class="inputfield" type="text" style="width: 90px; margin-top:8px" name="attr_skillAttribute"&gt; &lt;option value="0" disabled hidden selected&gt;&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{strength}" style="color:white;background:#000000;"&gt;Strength&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{dexterity}" style="color:white;background:#000000;"&gt;Dexterity&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{constitution}" style="color:white;background:#000000;"&gt;Constitution&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{intelligence}" style="color:white;background:#000000;"&gt;Intelligence&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{wisdom}" style="color:white;background:#000000;"&gt;Wisdom&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{charisma}" style="color:white;background:#000000;"&gt;Charisma&lt;/option&gt; &lt;/select&gt; &lt;/td&gt; &lt;td class="skill-input"&gt;&lt;input class="inputfield text" style="width: 50px;" type="number" value="0" name="attr_skillVI" min="0" max="999"/&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;td class="skill-input"&gt;&lt;input class="inputfield text" style="width: 50px;" type="number" value="0" name="attr_skillCause" min="0" max="999"/&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;td class="skill-input"&gt;&lt;input class="inputfield text" style="width: 50px;" type="number" value="0" name="attr_skillMisc" min="0" max="999"/&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;td class="skill-progression"&gt; &lt;select class="text dropdown grey" type="text" name="attr_skillProgression"&gt; &lt;option style="color:white;background:#000000;"&gt;1,2,3,4&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option style="color:white;background:#000000;"&gt;2,3,4,5&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option style="color:white;background:#000000;"&gt;3,4,5,6&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option style="color:white;background:#000000;"&gt;4,5,6,7&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option style="color:white;background:#000000;"&gt;3,3,3,3&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option style="color:white;background:#000000;"&gt;1,2,3,4,5...&lt;/option&gt; &lt;/select&gt; &lt;/td&gt; &lt;td class="skill-input"&gt;&lt;input class="inputfield text" style="width: 50px;" type="number" default="0" name="attr_skillPoints" min="0" max="999"/&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;/table&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/fieldset&gt; Css: input[type=number].sheet-blank-roll-button-mod { color: #278BCE; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; line-height: 10px; background-color: transparent; border: 0; margin-top: -5px; padding-left: 3px; }