Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for Players and DM for 5e Game

Someone Flexible With Character Creation I get that everyone is going to have their own preferences, including DMs. Some might prefer one book over another and on its own that is not an issue. But they should still be flexible when it comes to material provided by players. I also get that some restrictions may be necessary but they should be within reason. Rejecting an outrageous homebrew that gives one player a +1000,000 attack against the Tarrasque is understandable. Demanding that players can’t choose anything outside the player’s handbook is not. Relatively unhindered Character Creation: If it’s not game-breaking, players should be free to make characters they feel comfortable with. Making any unfair customization rules like “characters have to be the same gender as the player” is not acceptable. Homebrew Vs. official content We’re reasonably open to either direction. I do have some questions about it but that is mainly so we have a clear idea of what we’re getting into. Preferred Game Style A good story is preferred, with a decent balance between roleplay and combat as well as good opportunities for character development. Being able to incorporate backstories into the main story is also a bonus. Scheduling I am planning for this to be a biweekly game. Beyond that, exact days and times are flexible.   Application Form: Name: How much experience do you have as a DM?   Would you like to run a module or an original story?   Will the game be based on official or original content? For instance, would it be set in the Forgotten Realms or an original location? Would you be using the official Dungeons and Dragons pantheon, mythology (i.e. Greek, Egyptian, Norse, etc.) or a homebrewed pantheon?   Outline of your DM’ing style:   What are your preferred sources for DND?   Can you provide a short outline of the game’s setup?   What is your preferred platform? Do you like to use theater of the mind or would you rather use Roll20 to visualize the game?   Player Application : Name: Experience with DND: What you Enjoy about the Game: Character Info Name: Gender: Race: Class: Rough Description: 
I started DMing in October of 1991. I've DMed pretty much every weekend since. In the last few years, I've started running multiple games a week. Member since 08/18/12 \/  G  GM of 12 games \/ 24807 Hours Played \/ 896 Forum Posts I run original content almost exclusively. Even adventure and modules will be reworked to favour the story I'm building. My game world  is split into five portions (east, west, north, south, and central) each with its own trade language (eastern common, western common, northern common, southern common, and central common), kingdoms, and empires. Some of these kingdoms resemble medieval European countries like France and Germany, and some are completely unique, like the Banite Theocracy of Kallum but they all have their own language and culture. I'm good with most official sources but I will limit some things for balance. The game's setup will be based on what the players want to do. I'll just write a campaign to suit the party. I use r20 and make most of my own maps. If the game goes off the rails, I'll use theater of the mind to improv or deal with minor side treks. Let me know if you want any more details, I tried to keep it brief.
Name: OZ! How much experience do you have as a DM?    I am professional Dungeons and Dragons DM. I have over +1000 hours running games and all the embellishment. I own a Dungeons and Dragons summer and day camp. I have vast experience with Official Modules and homebrew. I run the majority of my games in person with animated battle maps, sound design, and props. Would you like to run a module or an original story? I can run just about anything! I have vast experience with custom tailoring games for groups. I have created a system of surveys and "tests" to find the perfect game for the group. I am currently running the new Wild Beyond the witch light! I feel in love with this module and would highly recommend it! Other favorites would be Rime of Frost Maidan! Will the game be based on official or original content? For instance, would it be set in the Forgotten Realms or an original location? Would you be using the official  Dungeons and Dragons  pantheon, mythology (i.e. Greek, Egyptian, Norse, etc.) or a homebrewed pantheon? Either. I have extensive knowledge of The Forgotten Realms. I love the setting and base a lot of my games in it. Outline of your DM’ing style:   I love performing. I do voices and love getting into detailed story telling. I strive to run the highest quality games. I have prepared maps, voices, music, and tons of custom content to make this an unforgettable D&D experience.  What are your preferred sources for DND?  I have a large collection of resources and favorite tools for D&D. What do you mean by sources? Can you provide a short outline of the game’s setup?  I would be happy to tell you about my process for setting up games, if that is what you would like to know?  What is your preferred platform? Do you like to use theater of the mind or would you rather use Roll20 to visualize the game? I have tried   plenty  of different  methods, currently  I use Discord and Roll20 with a few extensions  for animated maps and liking with D&DBeyond. Thanks