Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP] [PAID] [5E] DM for Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden, Thursday 7-10p ET

Feel the cold touch of death in this adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. [[ In Icewind Dale, adventure is a dish best served cold ]] Beneath the unyielding night sky, you stand before a towering glacier and recite an ancient rhyme, causing a crack to form in the great wall of ice. Beyond this yawning fissure, the Caves of Hunger await. And past this icy dungeon is a secret so old and terrifying that few dare speak of it. The mad wizards of the Arcane Brotherhood long to possess that which the god of winter’s wrath has so coldly preserved—as do you! What fantastic secrets and treasures are entombed in the sunless heart of the glacier, and what will their discovery mean for the denizens of Icewind Dale? Can you save Ten-Towns from the Frostmaiden’s everlasting night? About the Game &amp; Module Game: D&amp;D 5th Edition Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden Schedule: Weekly 7p ET Session length: 3 to 4 hours Campaign length: At least 3-6 months Ages: 18+ # of players needed: 6 total (have 3 currently) Experience: All levels of experience.&nbsp; You must have read the Player's Handbook at a minimum though. Price point: $15 per session.&nbsp; First session (session 0 + game) is free. Discord will be required for voice chat.&nbsp; Must be able to communicate via voice chat and discord. D&amp;D Beyond (and the Beyond20 browser extension) will be used for character sheets.&nbsp; I (the DM) own all source books on D&amp;D Beyond, so you will have access to all content to build your characters.&nbsp; Accounts for D&amp;D Beyond are free.&nbsp; Character creation details to follow. Why play a paid game over a free one? This is a debate that has been happening for years, and since 2020, it's been going stronger than ever.&nbsp; Here are my reasons why *paid* games are worth the money: 1. DMs (including myself) are more consistent, and reliable.&nbsp; There will never be a time that I don't show up for a session unless it is planned in advance unless something absolutely extreme happens. 2. DMs (including myself) are more committed and have more experience.&nbsp; For me, I love D&amp;D and this is a full-time job for me.&nbsp; If I fail or have a bad player experience, I don't eat. 3. Committed players.&nbsp; People who pay for games are more serious about there D&amp;D sessions.&nbsp; People who are professionals, with families, or otherwise have very little time to themselves so when they get to play, they want the best experience possible. 4. Consistently full groups.&nbsp; Like above, players won't simply dip out of games randomly.&nbsp; They paid, and they want their money's worth. 5. Roll20 Pro features 6. Complete collection of source books on D&amp;D Beyond About me (the DM!) Example of my DMing style (full game length): <a href="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0I9243CjA9I5kw6x7CgiVn8PYpmiRPKQ" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0I9243CjA9I5kw6x7CgiVn8PYpmiRPKQ</a> My name is Ron, a simple nerd who loves video games and D&amp;D. &nbsp;I started with D&amp;D several years ago and found out that I loved DMing when our typical DM left our group and we wanted to stay together. &nbsp;I picked up the mantle, and I've been having a blast ever since! The game sessions I like to run are tough, living world type games, and I try to have some sort of realism to my games. &nbsp;Not actual scientific realism, more like the world seems real, people seem like they actually live in this world and monsters/enemies/townspeople act in a way that makes sense. In the same way, I like tough games as well, because it gives people a sense of satisfaction, and makes the world seem real. &nbsp;With that said, I will also put things in front of the players to help make the world lived in, but there will be a point when the party is going to put up against creatures that are far out of your league and I don't expect you to fight them. &nbsp;They are there because they live there and you ran into them, so just keep that in mind if you do book games with me. I run my games, and give rulings on different decisions of the game, following a hierarchy: (1) to benefit fun, (2) to benefit the story, and finally (3) according to the rules. &nbsp;Rules are important, and they are a guideline to how the games are going to be played, but story and fun are far more important. Building your characters Character stats: &nbsp; Elevated Standard Array Stat Array: &nbsp; 17, 15, 13, 12, 10, 8 HP: &nbsp; Rolling (will roll on first session) Backstories: &nbsp; Supply a minimal backstory. &nbsp;We can talk about how our party forms when game starts. All classes and races are open to be played with these exceptions: Oathbreaker paladin, Death Domain cleric, some monstrous races (DM discretion), and custom origins, including van Richten's; All races, except humans, get a feat at level 1; "Lucky" and "Bountiful Luck" feats banned; No "evil" aligned characters; Unearthed Arcana and homebrew are not allowed for balance reasons Player expectations, &amp; Payment, subscription and refund policy Player expectations Have a basic knowledge of D&amp;D 5E. &nbsp;We will gladly help new players with the game and confusing aspects, but that isn't an excuse not to know the rules Have a working microphone with decent quality, and a stable internet connection Players will need to be on time, as the game will start at 6:30p ET with or without you Give notice if you will not be attending the next game session. &nbsp;No notice means no refund if you prepaid for the session. &nbsp;48 hours notice minimum unless extreme circumstances You will not , under any circumstance, be rude, disrespectful, abusive or otherwise be an asshole to other players of the game, and other members of the Discord channel. &nbsp;Everyone knows what is socially acceptable or not. &nbsp;This behavior will get your removed from the game, and no refunds will be issued. Limit background noise as much as possible when playing the game to not distract with what is happening in the game Update your character sheet on D&amp;D Beyond in a honest and timely fashion Absolutely no real-world political discussions of any kind. &nbsp;Even if it isn't US politics. Payment, subscription and refund policy Single Session: Payment for the session to be paid no later than 24 hours prior to game time. Monthly subscriptions: Payment for the month will be paid on the 28th of the month for the following month. As DM, I reserve the right to accept, deny and remove players from the game, or cancel the game at any time for any reason. &nbsp;If players are removed for unacceptable behavior, no refund will be issued. &nbsp;There will be very few instances of refunds, they are: 1 week advance notice, provable emergency, or I (DM) cancels the session. &nbsp;If a game is canceled by DM, outstanding balances for affected players will be refunded and monthly subscriptions are pro-rated. &nbsp;Payment does not guarantee seats at the table. &nbsp;Payments will be made 24 hours prior to game time or on the 28th of the month for the following month for monthly subscriptions. &nbsp;Overdue payments will need to be paid three (3) days prior to game time, or spots will be advertised to allow time for spots to fill. Please note that Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Apply to the game, here or on StartPlaying.Games, with the following: <a href="https://startplaying.games/adventure/616b16811899c900091e0a07" rel="nofollow">https://startplaying.games/adventure/616b16811899c900091e0a07</a> Name (or preferred nickname): Age: D&amp;D, and Roll20 experience? (none is okay): What do you want to get out of this module?: What character idea do you have?: Will you be able to make payments and attend weekly without issue?: What payment method would you prefer initially, monthly or weekly?: Playing in this game requires you to have a working microphone, Discord and the Beyond20 browser extension.&nbsp; Are any of these issues?:
Bump
Bump, looking for the final 1!