Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Gif Not Uploading

Working on using gifs for the first time, got a 70x70 one working, now trying to upload a 19.5 kb one that is 2100 x 1750. After a few min of waiting on the upload nothing happened, no progress bar or anything. Opened a new window and saw it, tried to place it but it didnt work. Is that too big to work? If so what is typically the maximum size for this?

Edited 1634615429
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That file size looks a little low for those dimensions, even for a gif. Are you sure it isn't 19.5 MB?
It was just a few frames with a flash of lighting and a lot of transparency
Claus said: It was just a few frames with a flash of lighting and a lot of transparency Transparency in a gif with that resolution, I dunno anything that could do that in 19.5kb.  I suspect you had a bogus file or a shortcut to a file or a size misread.  Either way I find gifs to perform very poorly in roll20, if they are poorly made, they perform badly out of the gate, if they are professionaly done ones from the marketplace they just take a lil longer to stop looping and lag out.  They always stop working though.