Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Profile includes Availability (Will help with LFG/LFGM)

I have not seen this specific idea posted before but just in case it has, know that I will accept my public flogging gracefully for the egregious breach of protocol. What if , in part of everyone's profile, they detail their timezone and hours of availability for gaming? The individual will still have their opt-out for the player directory, they'll still have their "Actively Seeking Group For" setting. But - in addition, they'll also have their day of week/times available in a standard calendar format. This data could be collated & updated by Roll20 every week or so, wouldn't have to be real-time. Just poll the database once in a while. At least weekly. GM's who wish to run a certain type of game can then see where their audience is . For example, if a GM wanted to run a 13th Age campaign on Tuesday nights, they might be able to see that, while a few players want to play 13th Age on Tuesday nights, there are 3X as many who want to play on Thursday nights. This might lead them to advertise timeslots that fill their group faster. I had this idea whilst manually applying for groups, and noticing that a lot of the same Roll20 users were also applying for the same things I was.
Player directory should have an option to see only French players and more features. Please upgrade this! Thanks =)
Bartimus said: Player directory should have an option to see only French players and more features. Please upgrade this! Thanks =) An excellent addition. Filter results by preferred language. That's already "sort-of" in there under the Advanced Options link, and select Language: French
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .