Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with macro please

/em &{template:default} {{name=You know the following on @{target|character_name}}}{{?{Info on @{target|character_name} | Type, **Type** = @{target|npc-type} | CR, **CR**= @{target|npc-cr} | ?{AC Type| AC, **AC** = @{target|AC} | Touch AC, **Touch AC** = @{target|Touch} | Flat Footed, **Flat Footed** = @{target|Flat-Footed} } | DR, **DR** = @{target|DR} | Immunities, **Immunities** = @{target|immunities} | Resistances, **resistances** = @{target|resistances} | Weaknesses, **weaknesses** = @{target|weaknesses} | Defensive Abilities, **Defensive Abilities** = @{target|npc-defensive-abilities} | SR, **SR** = @{target|SR} | Special Attacks, **GM** = GM will have to look it up | ?{Save | Fort Save, **Fort** = @{target|fort_compendium} | Ref Save, **Ref** = @{target|ref_compendium} | Will Save, **Will** = @{target|will_compendium} } }}} drop down list works but putting cant get the drop down in the drop down to work.... so person selects what they want, but when it comes to AC and Save i want it to open a new drop down that has that info in it then display... can anyone help me out with this?
You need to escape all of the additional queries | , and }.  The wiki shows you how.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here's a link.
ok ill check it out thanks guys (girls or people or things lol)

Edited 1635277383
?{Name of Query|    Option 1, ?{value1|       Option 1A,  @{target|Touch}#124;              Option 1B, ?{value1B|          Option 1B1, value1B1 |          Option 1B2, value1B2 |          Option 1B3, value1B3       }    } |    Option 2, ?{value2|value2}  } ok so everything else works but when i try to call the @{target|Touch} thats when it misses up... do you need a api for it?? PS: i just trying to make it so my players dont have to go though a long list... if i can break it into easier parts that cool.. if not then they will just have to deal with it
and yes i know i just copy type deal.. its easiler to debug if you know what i mean
Do not escape out anything that is an attribute call, and targets are attribute calls.  So anything that is @{something|something} should not be escaped out at all

Edited 1635297920
DM Eddie said: Do not escape out anything that is an attribute call, and targets are attribute calls.  So anything that is @{something|something} should not be escaped out at all what do you mean by escaped? edit: oh i think i understand, found a forum that someone ask about the same thing
will i thought i had it but it looks like the macro is to long for it... if i knew how to write a api i would just do it lol oh will thanks anyways all