Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Fizban's Treasury of Dragons is now on Roll20!

If you, like me, have been thinking - “Hm, you know what my Dungeons & Dragons campaign is missing? MORE DRAGONS!” - then your wait is at an end! Today, Wizards of the Coast has released Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons - and we at Roll20 are ready to bring you all that scaly toothy goodness in a forged-for-you release fully integrated into the VTT so your campaigns can shine bright like a Crystal Dragon. What's Inside? Introduces gem dragons to fifth edition! Reveals the story of the First World and the role Bahamut and Tiamat played in its creation and destruction. Adds new player character options, including unique draconic ancestries for dragonborn, dragon-themed subclasses for monks and rangers, and new feat and spell options. Offers everything a Dungeon Master needs to craft adventures inspired by dragons across the worlds of D&D, with new dragon lair maps and details on 20 different kinds of dragons. Presents a complete dragon bestiary and introduces a variety of new dragons and dragon-related creatures, including aspects of the dragon gods, dragon minions, and more. Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons is available on Roll20 here . The bundle includes an Addon, a Compendium expansion, and a Character Art Pack. Question Time! Q: What if I pre-ordered Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons on Roll20? A: As of this post, all pre-orders have been fulfilled! If you pre-ordered this title, the Addon, Compendium expansion, and Art Pack have now been sprinkled into your Roll20 collection. Q: How do I access the content on Roll20 once I’ve purchased it? A: Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons includes an Addon, a Compendium expansion, and a Character art pack. To bring the Addon to a new or existing game, add via the Game Details Page. On the Game Details page, scroll down to the Game Addons section. Select the “Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons Addon” from the dropdown menu and then click “add to game.” The next time you enter the game, everything from the addon should be available. You can access all of the rules, items, and creatures from Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons  in the in-app compendium , as well as on the Roll20 web compendium . And, finally, you can access the Character Art Pack under the Premium Assets section of the Art Library in-app. These assets are only available for in-app use. Q: Is there Charactermancer support? A: Yes! The subraces, subclasses, feats, spells, etc - all are ready and available in the Charactermancer for all who purchase this product! Q: I thought the $29.99 price was a limited preorder only price? A: The limited reduced price of $29.99 will only last until THE END OF OCTOBER. On November 1, the product will revert to its standard price of $49.95. So you have just a few more days to add this to your hoard for a special low price!  We’re so excited for you to crack this one open - get ready to rock with some gem dragons! And of course, let us know if you have ANY questions!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Woot! Sooooo many dragons!

Edited 1635283168
Looks great. However, the book is not appearing as a filter in the Compendium for spells or monsters (at least). This means the links to the spell lists in the Compendium version of the book don't work and it's not possible to search the Compendium to list all the monsters. Also, another problem of having a monster with the same name as a Kobold Press product; Ghost Dragon. Only the Kobold Press version loads.
There is a reason why in the New Spells of Fizban there isn't a list of the spells like the book? but a link to the class spells that show all the class spells? Also, in some of the Attributes Boxes across the book, it appears as formulae, not the attributes that should show.
So the reason I buy the modules here are for the tokens. I was super excited assuming I would get Dragon tokens. I also purchased the alternate physical copy of the book. Chapter 6 Bestiary of the book has many new creatures but none are in the Roll20 module via a tokens page. making it an absolute waste of money for me. Is this an error that no token page was included? The last book, The Wild Beyond The Witchlight included a token page. 

Edited 1635309919
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi IJoker, I posted this on the other thread you created, but I'll paste it here, too: All of the new tokens are attached to creatures in the associated compendium that you get when you purchase the book. Fizban's is a sourcebook, not an adventure module. You can create a game with it (as an addon) for the maps, but there is no adventure. Token Pages are typically only made for adventures, as a quick way of accessing the monsters and NPCs specific to the module. IIRC, Xanathar's, Mordenkainen's, Tasha's and Volo's are the same way. For a monster's token, just pull it from the compendium panel in any game. You also get a pack of (I believe) 34 character art tokens, pulled from appropriate art in the book. They can be found in the Marketplace Purchases section of your art library.

Edited 1635311237
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Dr DM said: Looks great. However, the book is not appearing as a filter in the Compendium for spells or monsters (at least). This means the links to the spell lists in the Compendium version of the book don't work and it's not possible to search the Compendium to list all the monsters. Also, another problem of having a monster with the same name as a Kobold Press product; Ghost Dragon. Only the Kobold Press version loads. Confirmed: The book lacks a source filter in the compendium. There is no entry for Fizban's while trying to filter either monsters or spells. Dr. DM, I also confirm that the KP Ghost Dragon displays by default. I suspect the issues are related. if you get the Kobold Press version, scroll up until you can see the page header. There is a drop down compendium source selector there. You can switch from KP to Fizban's there to see the proper monster. Fortunately, despite this hiccup, the correct monster will get dragged to the VTT.
Hey, everyone! Thanks for your feedback. Dr DM: Fizban's has been added to to the source filter, and the Ghost Dragon has been separated between Kobold Press and Fizban's.  Yoyi: If you go to the front page of the Fizban's compendium and click the Spells page, it should take you directly to the new spells list. If it redirected you incorrectly, you can use the source dropdown at the top right of the page and select Fizban's. It should take you to this page ! IJoker: We're really proud of our new token aesthetic and absolutely want everyone to see them, but we also want to make sure that we don't bloat addons with content that can be accessed elsewhere. Moving forward, we're going to take a more streamlined approach to our addons. We only use token pages in adventures, but as Keith said, they can be found by dragging the monsters you want out of the Compendium and into your game. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Listing the 3 races and 2 subclasses on the index page could make sense
Thanks!! it's working perfect 😁 Jennawynn+ said: Hey, everyone! Thanks for your feedback. Dr DM: Fizban's has been added to to the source filter, and the Ghost Dragon has been separated between Kobold Press and Fizban's.  Yoyi: If you go to the front page of the Fizban's compendium and click the Spells page, it should take you directly to the new spells list. If it redirected you incorrectly, you can use the source dropdown at the top right of the page and select Fizban's. It should take you to this page ! IJoker: We're really proud of our new token aesthetic and absolutely want everyone to see them, but we also want to make sure that we don't bloat addons with content that can be accessed elsewhere. Moving forward, we're going to take a more streamlined approach to our addons. We only use token pages in adventures, but as Keith said, they can be found by dragging the monsters you want out of the Compendium and into your game.