Hello all, After months of hard work, we (Jean-Baptiste Faure and Chris D Dickey) finally can release a brand new version of the roll20 packages for Earthdawn. What we release are 3 separate packages meant to be used together to allow all functionalities:
-A custom character sheet (can be used stand-alone and without subscription to roll20)
-An API that implements advanced functions linked to the character sheet
-A set of « token markers », i.e. icons that can be put on your token on the VTT that match the icons used in the sheet.
See the Wiki for installation instructions (Section 4). Note the importance of setting the API to "Latest" in Roll20.
<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Earthdawn_-_FASA_Official_V2" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Earthdawn_-_FASA_Official_V2</a>
When used altogether, these 3 packages automate a lot of rules and mechanics to help you run your games smoothly remotely or in person (note that the sheet is printable for your in person sessions)
- the Character Sheet implements calculation for all of your actions, including modifiers from situation, combat options, wounds …etc
- the API adds to it the automatic tracking of strain and Karma
- the API also facilitates combat by tracking attack extra successes to add to damage, apply directly damage rolls to health of target, track creature and opponent maneuver …etc
- Spell Sequence is managed by the API, and highly improved since last version. It guides through the various steps of the sequence (Choosing extra threads, weaving, casting, and effect), takes into account substitution Talents, calculates the effects of extra successes, and even has Raw Casting and Grimoire casting taken into account
-Keep your eyes on the map ! We designed the API with the idea that in combat you don’t want to be distracted by having to always look at the character sheet. Therefore, all useful actions are accessible directly from the token on the map. You can roll your actions, track health and Karma, and even choose your combat options and change your status without ever needing to hide the map to go to the character sheet !
- From the data entry point of view, we know there are a lot of expectations for a compendium. There are discussions to do so that don’t only depend on us, but we have implemented various functions that make the entry of your Talents, Spells and other abilities practical.
- The sheet automatically adds the appropriate modifiers to defenses according to your discipline and circle (paths and questors are manual)
- The sheet also recognizes Talents, Knacks and Skills by their name, to apply some system parameters such as recognizing which modifiers apply to a test
- Finally and most imporantly, the API includes import functions that allow you to copy text from a PDF version of the books and paste them to be recognized… This allows quick entry for Talents, Knacks, Skills, Spells, and even for GMs for Creatures and NPCs
-A creation mode guides you step by step to create a new level 1 character per the Player’s guide rues
- Legend tracking is available with 2 options… Either a mode that calculates everything for you, or a « transaction » based mode, that allows you to record each gain/expenditure of Legend Points in your journal in order to prepare your log to the Great Library
-And finally, because you like looting, the Equipment tab allows for an advanced inventory, with container management, Thread Items, Blood Magic, Mounts …etc
This is a work in progress, and there will be other versions, but we really hope you like it. At the time of this posting, V2.00 has been accepted but is not quite live yet. It should go live soon. Please make sure your API script is set to use the " Latest " version. Also please report any questions, problems, suggestions, or bug reports to this thread.
Have good games !