Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Earthdawn (FASA Official) Character sheet V2.0 released

Edited 1635287755
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hello all, After months of hard work, we (Jean-Baptiste Faure and Chris D Dickey) finally can release a brand new version of the roll20 packages for Earthdawn. What we release are 3 separate packages meant to be used together to allow all functionalities: -A custom character sheet (can be used stand-alone and without subscription to roll20) -An API that implements advanced functions linked to the character sheet -A set of « token markers », i.e. icons that can be put on your token on the VTT that match the icons used in the sheet. See the Wiki for installation instructions (Section 4). Note the importance of setting the API to "Latest" in Roll20. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Earthdawn_-_FASA_Official_V2" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Earthdawn_-_FASA_Official_V2</a> When used altogether, these 3 packages automate a lot of rules and mechanics to help you run your games smoothly remotely or in person (note that the sheet is printable for your in person sessions) - the Character Sheet implements calculation for all of your actions, including modifiers from situation, combat options, wounds …etc - the API adds to it the automatic tracking of strain and Karma - the API also facilitates combat by tracking attack extra successes to add to damage, apply directly damage rolls to health of target, track creature and opponent maneuver …etc - Spell Sequence is managed by the API, and highly improved since last version. It guides through the various steps of the sequence (Choosing extra threads, weaving, casting, and effect), takes into account substitution Talents, calculates the effects of extra successes, and even has Raw Casting and Grimoire casting taken into account -Keep your eyes on the map ! We designed the API with the idea that in combat you don’t want to be distracted by having to always look at the character sheet. Therefore, all useful actions are accessible directly from the token on the map. You can roll your actions, track health and Karma, and even choose your combat options and change your status without ever needing to hide the map to go to the character sheet ! - From the data entry point of view, we know there are a lot of expectations for a compendium. There are discussions to do so that don’t only depend on us, but we have implemented various functions that make the entry of your Talents, Spells and other abilities practical. - The sheet automatically adds the appropriate modifiers to defenses according to your discipline and circle (paths and questors are manual) - The sheet also recognizes Talents, Knacks and Skills by their name, to apply some system parameters such as recognizing which modifiers apply to a test - Finally and most imporantly, the API includes import functions that allow you to copy text from a PDF version of the books and paste them to be recognized… This allows quick entry for Talents, Knacks, Skills, Spells, and even for GMs for Creatures and NPCs -A creation mode guides you step by step to create a new level 1 character per the Player’s guide rues - Legend tracking is available with 2 options… Either a mode that calculates everything for you, or a « transaction » based mode, that allows you to record each gain/expenditure of Legend Points in your journal in order to prepare your log to the Great Library -And finally, because you like looting, the Equipment tab allows for an advanced inventory, with container management, Thread Items, Blood Magic, Mounts …etc This is a work in progress, and there will be other versions, but we really hope you like it. At the time of this posting, V2.00 has been accepted, but not quite live yet, but will go live soon. Please make sure your API script is set to use the " Latest " version.&nbsp;&nbsp; Also please report any questions, problems, suggestions, or bug reports to this thread. Have good games !
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It looks like the API went live about 12 hours after the character sheet, but both are live now.&nbsp;
I was trying to get used to the new sheet, and I discovered a few issues with functionality. The first issue, and this one is minor, and a matter of inconvenience.&nbsp; When rolling various talents from the Sheet, it won't roll if the token is not selected.&nbsp; This is a minor thing, but for rolls that don't require a target, or interaction with anything, it would be convenient if rolling.. Awareness.. for instance just posted the roll the table without requiring the token to be selected.&nbsp; During the course of the game, there are many ways in which one's token might become unselected, and having to stop and re-select the token for each and every roll might get tedious. Now the second, and more major issue, Spellcasting.&nbsp; I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, so I will describe my steps.&nbsp;&nbsp; I was trying this with NPCs already saved to my table, but I created a new one for this.&nbsp; I created a new sheet, and imported the ghoul text onto the sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp; Next, I brought out a Ghoul token that I have, and linked it to the sheet. Now, with a ghoul target to cast on, I started a new spell sequence using one of my player's Illusionist PC, in this case Ephemeral Bolt.&nbsp; I tried both with and without weaving extra threads for increased Damage. Moving on to the Spellcasting Step I Click Spellcasting, and it asks me to click the target.&nbsp; I click the newly created Ghoul, and It gives me a string of errors the text, in case the image is too small (From API to GM&amp;P ): &nbsp;Error! tokenInfo undefined in Damage() command. Msg is: !Earthdawn~ charID: -Mdyjvfb697ohfwIQBrX~Target:MD1: -Mk-k70_NStiKDtIGKGi~ ForEach: inmt~ Strain :0 ~modValue : 0 ~ K-ask: 0: 00~Spell: -MdyksAZg17geNmBmpjA: Cast : -MdyncT9EKKY6Rzxrt8J : M (From API to GM&amp;P ): &nbsp;Error! tokenInfo undefined in mookWounds() command. Msg is: !Earthdawn~ charID: -Mdyjvfb697ohfwIQBrX~Target:MD1: -Mk-k70_NStiKDtIGKGi~ ForEach: inmt~ Strain :0 ~modValue : 0 ~ K-ask: 0: 00~Spell: -MdyksAZg17geNmBmpjA: Cast : -MdyncT9EKKY6Rzxrt8J : M (From API to GM&amp;P ): &nbsp;Error! tokenInfo undefined in Karma() command. Msg is: !Earthdawn~ charID: -Mdyjvfb697ohfwIQBrX~Target:MD1: -Mk-k70_NStiKDtIGKGi~ ForEach: inmt~ Strain :0 ~modValue : 0 ~ K-ask: 0: 00~Spell: -MdyksAZg17geNmBmpjA: Cast : -MdyncT9EKKY6Rzxrt8J : M (From API to GM&amp;P ): &nbsp;Error! tokenInfo undefined in Lookup() command. Msg is: !Earthdawn~ charID: -Mdyjvfb697ohfwIQBrX~Target:MD1: -Mk-k70_NStiKDtIGKGi~ ForEach: inmt~ Strain :0 ~modValue : 0 ~ K-ask: 0: 00~Spell: -MdyksAZg17geNmBmpjA: Cast : -MdyncT9EKKY6Rzxrt8J : M (From API to GM&amp;P ): &nbsp;Error! tokenInfo undefined in Roll() command. Msg is: !Earthdawn~ charID: -Mdyjvfb697ohfwIQBrX~Target:MD1: -Mk-k70_NStiKDtIGKGi~ ForEach: inmt~ Strain :0 ~modValue : 0 ~ K-ask: 0: 00~Spell: -MdyksAZg17geNmBmpjA: Cast : -MdyncT9EKKY6Rzxrt8J : M I tried casting true ephemeral bolt on the ghoul, and I even brought out a bear, and tried casting against one of the other PC's tokens.&nbsp; I get this weird error each and every time. I am hoping it's a minor fix, or maybe I just have a toggle unselected that needs to be selected. thank you, ~~Relative Dimension on discord.

Edited 1635539356
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the bug reports.&nbsp; Agonar said: The first issue, and this one is minor, and a matter of inconvenience.&nbsp; When rolling various talents from the Sheet, it won't roll if the token is not selected.&nbsp; This is a minor thing, but for rolls that don't require a target, or interaction with anything, it would be convenient if rolling.. Awareness.. for instance just posted the roll the table without requiring the token to be selected.&nbsp; During the course of the game, there are many ways in which one's token might become unselected, and having to stop and re-select the token for each and every roll might get tedious. ~~Relative Dimension on discord. I will revisit this and see if I can make it behave better, but it is not as trivial as one might assume.&nbsp; The two problems are that some functions behave on&nbsp; tokens, not just characters. And if there are mooks, then we want the action to behave only upon some of the mooks present, but not others. Thus many of the commands need to figure out which tokens to effect. The easiest way to do this is to act on selected tokens. And even something like awairness, that does not seem to directly use a token, might access subroutines that want to know what token is selected.&nbsp; There are other things that the system can look at other than what tokens are selected, but those tend to fail under certain conditions (such as if for some reason a PC has two tokens on the current page and neither is selected, or has no tokens on the current page and tokens from previous sessions are left on more than one other page, and other such conditions that do frequently happen can complicate things).&nbsp; Still, it has been a while since I have looked at this, and I might be able to come up with something that works better. But it will not be quick or easy, and might break things if I am not careful. So while I will work on this at some point I will probably leave it until easier and more urgent things are fixed, it might be a while before I release any code addressing this.&nbsp; Agonar &nbsp;said: Now the second, and more major issue, Spellcasting.&nbsp; I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, so I will describe my steps.&nbsp;&nbsp; I was trying this with NPCs already saved to my table, but I created a new one for this.&nbsp; I created a new sheet, and imported the ghoul text onto the sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp; Next, I brought out a Ghoul token that I have, and linked it to the sheet. Now, with a ghoul target to cast on, I started a new spell sequence using one of my player's Illusionist PC, in this case Ephemeral Bolt.&nbsp; I tried both with and without weaving extra threads for increased Damage. Moving on to the Spellcasting Step I Click Spellcasting, and it asks me to click the target.&nbsp; I click the newly created Ghoul, and It gives me a string of errors I don't really know what is going on here. At this point all I can say is that it looks as if you are doing everything right, but that everything seems to work in other campaigns, so there might be something off with that character, talent, or table. Is anybody else seeing this
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hello Agonar, I am the co-developper of the sheet with @Chris. One question about the bug of spellcasting : do you have only one token of the casting PC on the map? Normally only mook characters can manage to have multiple tokens for the same character on the map, and mooks is something we have to rework for the next version. During development &amp; testing I sometimes had a problem similar to yours when I had forgotten a token of the same character on the map. A second question : are you on the active page ? The GM can visualize a page that is different from the active one, but the players will always be only on the active page... During testing it happened to have some stuff not working if not on the active page (which shouldn't be a normal stuff, as apart from testing his game, a GM wouldn't voluntarly organize a combat without the players) Thanks as it will help us narrow down why you have this.
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The first issue, and this one is minor, and a matter of inconvenience.&nbsp; When rolling various talents from the Sheet, it won't roll if the token is not selected.&nbsp; This is a minor thing, but for rolls that don't require a target, or interaction with anything, it would be convenient if rolling.. Awareness.. for instance just posted the roll the table without requiring the token to be selected.&nbsp; During the course of the game, there are many ways in which one's token might become unselected, and having to stop and re-select the token for each and every roll might get tedious. I follow up also on this one... This is unexpected behaviour. I just did the test on my game, and can roll Awaraness with no Token selected, or even without a token on the map. In fact the only talent that should force you to have a token selected are the initiative ones, and this is a roll20 limitation. In order to narrow down, could you give more details 1- What are the parameter settings you have for the Talent (Type, Target, Special) 2- How do you roll the Talent. From the sheet button, from a Token Action button, from a Menu, from a button you dragged in the quick macro bar 3- Same question as for spellcasting : do you have tokens for this character on the map, how many of them. Are you on the active page ? 4- Is it a character you imported from older version of the sheet, or that you created new ? Did you create the talent manually or via the Creature import ? Hope we can find the issue for both.
Is there anyway to revert to the old sheet? This dropped days before my next session, with no time to adjust!
I have an issue where the final step number for talents and skills is showing as blank (had characters in the old sheet, so these are not newly made character sheets). I have to manually go in and increment the rank, then double click in the blank area before the final step number will appear, then I have to manually decrement the rank again to make it accurate. Any fix for this? Thanks.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
AL said: Is there anyway to revert to the old sheet? This dropped days before my next session, with no time to adjust! Chris and Jiboux are best to comment on this , but Pro subs have the option of using custom code for a game, so you should be able to change your game to "custom" and copy/paste the older code (html, css, translation.json if available).&nbsp; If it were me, I would make a copy of the game just to be safe. ;-) On the roll20 repo , It looks like the older code that should work would be; HTML and CSS .&nbsp; Not sure if the current images will work or not... again, Chris and Jiboux are best to comment on this. &nbsp; Just my 2 cents. Cheers
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince's advice is perfect. I agree that it is best to make a copy of the campaign, and then revert one of them. The reversion will not be seemless as there are differences between the sheets and while we wrote a routine to convert from V1 to V2, there is nothing to automatically convert from V2 back to V1.&nbsp; The V1 wiki&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Earthdawn_-_FASA_Official" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Earthdawn_-_FASA_Official</a> &nbsp;has a link to the V1 source code, so you could run that as a custom sheet.&nbsp; If you go to parameters-sheet-Special Function and set it to Recalc, it should force an update of just about everything. That should have been done as part of the update process, but could try setting it again. Otherwise, yes, toggling values up and back also does a recalculation of the things that depend on that value.&nbsp;
In the old sheets there was a generic "attack" box for enemies (which many older adventures used in their stat blocks for creatures) when I open my creatures in the new sheet I can't find the generic "attack" or equivalent, has that now gone / been lost? Thanks.&nbsp;
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I had to look this one up. For some reason it got hidden such that it only displays if the Race has been set to "Other".&nbsp; I will correct it so that it displays if it is an NPC.&nbsp;
Hey Chris, big fan of your work. It must not be easy, and looks great and makes life easier. Starting around 11/11, me and my players have lost all functionality in the buttons. Attributes, Talents, and Spells don't roll at all, and Special Features is unresponsive.&nbsp; Restarting the sandbox and reinstalling the Character Sheet Companion API has had no effect. Thanks for any help you got!
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Is there any error message showing in the place where you restart the sandbox?

Edited 1637017997
Chris D. said: Is there any error message showing in the place where you restart the sandbox? Since Friday it's not visibly running script like it normally does. Just a black box, even if I delete the script and add it again. UPDATE: Impressive that you can debug with your energy! When I went to check again (Mon 11/15) it was displaying "infinite loops detected. shutting down." And finally, upon restarting the sandbox it began running script again.

Edited 1638042460
Hi all, and Big Thanks in advance for all the help. So there is this macro&nbsp; &lt;&nbsp; !edsdr~ ?{Step|0} &gt; that executed will ask you what Step do you want to roll and will do it. Nice thing, love it ;) And here comes my issue/problem/request. I want the end result of this macro roll to be multiplied by a number. And for the love of all RPG things I'm unable to figure it out how it should be written to work. The closest that I have come to something working was: !edsdr~ [[3* ?{Step|0}]] But it is multiplying the input of the Step roll and not the end result of it. Any other attempts that I have made to modify it ware unsuccessful. There is another macro that gives also the Step roll : &amp;{template:default} {{Step [[ ?{Step|0} ]]&nbsp; [[&nbsp; [[ {?{Step}+d0}&gt;14 + {?{Step}+d0}&gt;36 ]]d20!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; +&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [[ {?{Step}+d0}=7 + {?{Step}+d0}=13 + {?{Step}+d0}=18 + {?{Step}+d0}=24 + {?{Step}+d0}=29 + {?{Step}+d0}=35 + {?{Step}+d0}=40 ]]d12!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; +&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [[ {?{Step}+d0}=6 + {?{Step}+d0}=10 + {?{Step}+d0}=11 + {?{Step}+d0,?{Step}+d0}=12 + {?{Step}+d0}=13 + {?{Step}+d0}=17 + {?{Step}+d0}&gt;21 + {?{Step}+d0}=23 + {?{Step}+d0}=28 + {?{Step}+d0}=32 + {?{Step}+d0}=33 + {?{Step}+d0,?{Step}+d0}=34 + {?{Step}+d0}=35 + {?{Step}+d0}=39 ]]d10!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; +&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [[ {?{Step}+d0}=5 + {?{Step}+d0}=9 + {?{Step}+d0}=11 + {?{Step}+d0}=16 + {?{Step}+d0}=20 + {?{Step}+d0}=22 + {?{Step}+d0}&gt;25 + {?{Step}+d0}=27 + {?{Step}+d0}=31 + {?{Step}+d0}=33 + {?{Step}+d0}=38 ]]d8!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; +&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [[ {?{Step}+d0}=4 + {?{Step}+d0,?{Step}+d0}=8 + {?{Step}+d0}=9 + {?{Step}+d0}=10 + {?{Step}+d0}=15 + {?{Step}+d0,?{Step}+d0}=19 + {?{Step}+d0}=20 + {?{Step}+d0}=21 + {?{Step}+d0}=26 + {?{Step}+d0,?{Step}+d0}=30 + {?{Step}+d0}=31 + {?{Step}+d0}=32 + {?{Step}+d0}=37 ]]d6!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; +&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [[ {?{Step}+d0}&lt;3 + {?{Step}+d0}=14 + {?{Step}+d0}=25 + {?{Step}+d0}=36 ]]d4!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [[ {?{Step}+d0}&lt;2 * (3 - ?{Step}) ]]&nbsp; ]]&nbsp; }} Can it be modified to include the multiplication for the end result ? &nbsp; Edit. Ok I have found where to inject it on the long macro to make it work :D. But it would be still nice to be able to use it on the short one &lt; !edsdr~ ?{Step|0} &gt; is it possible ?
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The short one calls the API (assuming you have the API installed).&nbsp; You would have to get a copy of the API (easy) and modify the API to multiply the result by 3 (if you know programming, also easy).
Chris D. said: The short one calls the API (assuming you have the API installed).&nbsp; You would have to get a copy of the API (easy) and modify the API to multiply the result by 3 (if you know programming, also easy). Yes I have the API installed. I was thinking about it but the problem is that I need at least 5-7 different multiplayer types during the session width possibility to adjust them, maybe not on the fly but at least width very low time investment. Of course the "on fly" adjustment would be heaven send. Is there any way to inject a variable in to the API Step roll that I can adjust through the macros, something like &lt; !edsdr~ ?{X* Step|0} &gt; where "X" can be manually typed in during the execution of the macro? Or modifying the base API part so the I can create different macros width different multiplications levels where using the &lt; !edsdr~ ?{ Step|0} &gt; in them would still work ?&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yes there are ways to do that. But you would have to modify the API to do so. Just make it take another parameter and keep track of it, and use it&nbsp; at the appropriate time. May I ask what it is you are trying to do here? I mean yes, multiply a step result by 3, but why do you want to do that? It sounds like you want to do it a lot, and I can't think of any reason to even do it once.&nbsp;
Its for the modification of rules, and its not specifically the number 3 :)&nbsp; Physical Damaged is calculated by multiplying the end result of the roll by the strength step of the attacker. Magical Damage is multiplay by 4. Physical armour is recalculated by material values from witch it is created: cloth x2, hide/pelt x3, crystal x4, iron x5 Magical armour is recalculated by 4. This came as a solution to have more deadly/balanced fights. I was not a fan of a Troll width two-handed weapon dealing 10damage to a Windling that has 60-70 Life. Of course I adjust this set of rules depending how murderous the camping should be ;) There are some other modification that I have made to the system to have it moor tailored to the style of games that I and my players like. I really like the Earthdawn as a setting juts not all the original mechanics of the system.&nbsp;
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
OK, well like I said, you pretty much need to tear into the code and make the modifications you want.&nbsp; At present the !edsdr subsystem (which is tiny compared to the !Earthdawn subsystem maybe 3% as big) only takes one argument, but could be modified to take 2, a step and a multiplier. You could modify the macros to ask for both a step and a multiplier and pass them to the !edsdr subsystem.&nbsp; Alternatively, if you are using the character sheets as well as the roller, and want to dig into the huge !Earthdawn system, that already takes complex arguments, so you could store the multiplier as part of the talents and whatnots.&nbsp;
Chris D. said: OK, well like I said, you pretty much need to tear into the code and make the modifications you want.&nbsp; At present the !edsdr subsystem (which is tiny compared to the !Earthdawn subsystem maybe 3% as big) only takes one argument, but could be modified to take 2, a step and a multiplier. You could modify the macros to ask for both a step and a multiplier and pass them to the !edsdr subsystem.&nbsp; Alternatively, if you are using the character sheets as well as the roller, and want to dig into the huge !Earthdawn system, that already takes complex arguments, so you could store the multiplier as part of the talents and whatnots.&nbsp; Thank you for your time and the advice :). I have the temporary solution in the bigger macro that I was able to modify for now. And for the future I will try to play around width main API from Earthdawn.
Hello! I'm no Pro user but I'm part of an old group of player that play EarthDawn here, and today we tried playing but none of the "buttons" worked for any of us, just the generic roll at the top right of the page (besides the character name). We are not programmers or have any use for the API features, we just need to roll attributes, talents, damage and initiative most of the time. We don't even need the token features most of the time as we use mostly "theater of the mind" combat. Is that the way this is supposed to work (only pro users can use the full character sheet) or is something we can do to make it functional for the basic rolls? By the way, the page look very good and I hope we can use it fully.
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Under "Parameters / Sheet", on of the options is "API Mode" or "No API Mode". All of your sheets should be set to No API mode.&nbsp; If the sheet is in API mode, then the sheet displays several more options, and most of the buttons try to send a message to the API, which if the API does not exist in your campaign will cause the buttons to do nothing. In No API Mode the sheet will display fewer options, and the buttons will instead just send a roll request to the Roll20 roll server.&nbsp; If you don't want to use the sheet at all, you can just make a Macro that will ask for a step number to roll and then roll it.&nbsp;
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hello Rolando, Thanks for the feedback, I understand that the buttons somehow don't work when you try to use them? I'd like to get in contact with you via DM so that we can chat and I can see if there is a bug.
I'm good for DM yes! The buttons were not working even with the "no API" selection, yesterday, now they seem to be good though. I know they didn't worked before because I tried that both ways. It seems everything is working perfectly now, though. Thanks for whatever you did! by the way, we are using 1ed Earth Dawn, so we make a lot of manual modification of stats, those where disabled yesterday but are working fine now.
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Good. Also just so that you know, we implemented in the last release a lot of stuff that prefills parameters according to Edition 4, so you may have your stuff preset, and have to modify afterwards. Ot is meant not to overwrite once you st it up yourself
Good afternoon! First off - thanks for all of the hard work on the update! I have a question though: were notes preserved in the transition from v1 to v2? We have a long-running campaign that was autoupgraded and I had pages of notes in the leftmost note tab of v1, with a smaller amount of bookkeeping in a different subtab.&nbsp; On transfer, the smaller amount of bookkeeping transferred over, but my main body of notes has gone missing. I've dug around and my GM has also taken a look at my character, and neither of us can find the data. Where would it be stored?&nbsp;
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Just to make sure that I understand. When you say the leftmost note tab, you are talking about the Bio and Info tab of the Roll20 character sheet? Was it in the GMNotes section (visible only to the gm) or the Bio section (visible to players). And then the smaller section you are referring to is the Notes tab of the custom sheet? On transfer, everything that was in the Notes tab, should be now in the first of the three notes sections of the notes tab. Nothing in the Bio or Info sections should have changed at all.&nbsp;
Apologies for not knowing exactly the names of the fields - is there a way to see the V1 sheet? I only have muscle memory as far as where they were, so I am definitely doing a poor job of describing where they are located in the app. I'm not referring to Bio or Info - the field was specifically labeled "Notes." One was in the actual Notes tab, the other was (if I'm remembering correctly) a subfield of the Items/Equipment tab?
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hello Owen, In addition, if you open your sheet, on top you will have Bio&amp;Info, Character Sheet and Attributes, In attributes you have all the values of the sheet as they are stored by roll20... If there is any value that we stopped displaying (which I don't think is the case), it should still be here, waiting for you... Just need to scroll and find the start of your notes...

Edited 1638849917
Managed to debug the issue. Upon the transition from v1 -&gt; v2, my character had somehow been marked an NPC under Parameters -&gt; Character, and as a result the entire Legend tab was missing. The "second notes field" that I was referring to in my post was the Legend -&gt; Journal Entries box. Thanks for your kindness and patience.&nbsp;
Hi, the latest sheet update (that seems to have added the Karma ask) has completely broken things for me and all my players. Basically when clicking on any talent or skill or initiative nothing rolls a box appears reading "Input Value" with a 0 in there (it doesn't matter if I change that value) when I then click to roll nothing happens. The only button that actually rolls is the polyhedral button in the "bank" of 6 buttons next to the character name, anyone else having trouble?
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hello AL, Do you play without API ? If it is the case, I have had a similar report, and the patch is pushed to be released next week.
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Note that in the meantime, this is due to a problem of initilization of the API/NoAPI mode... Until the update is released, you can go on a sheet, and toggle API mode on and off, and it will work again... Sorry about that
Jiboux said: Note that in the meantime, this is due to a problem of initilization of the API/NoAPI mode... Until the update is released, you can go on a sheet, and toggle API mode on and off, and it will work again... Sorry about that Oh phew, thank you SO much! That work around helped massively. I did have a pretty much ruined session though :( I do indeed run without API, but your toggle trick solved it, so thanks again !!!
Hi, another issue to report (not a new one, a longstanding one) but the Physical Armour always starts off too high and I need to increment or decrement it before it will jump back to the correct value.&nbsp;
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hi AL, Could you detail a bit, because this is not something I see. Does it start off always at the same value? Is it at each creation of a new character, or each time you open the sheet? Do the other modifiers work OK (Wounds applying to all Talents ?)&nbsp;
Jiboux said: Hi AL, Could you detail a bit, because this is not something I see. Does it start off always at the same value? Is it at each creation of a new character, or each time you open the sheet? Do the other modifiers work OK (Wounds applying to all Talents ?)&nbsp; Sure. So first I'm a no API user. When I go to create a new character the Phys and Myst Armour are both set to 5. It also affects pre-existing sheets (not sure exactly how much it adds, likely 5 again).&nbsp;
A very minor issue but an odd one. Any pre-existing character/NPC/Mook sheets have an uppercase accented "A" added to the end of all Talent and Skill names etc. e.g. "Blood VeinsÀ" This is not a new issue.&nbsp;
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hello Al, Yup, known issue... The Autofill (that matches the Talent Name with database for filling the setting) had some bumps into triggering, so we appended a character to force a change... And it didn't go as planned, and the character stayed here... What strange is that I had a routine in the last release that was supposed to get rid of that... Did you look back since last thursday? Regarding the Phys and Myst Armour, 5 was the default value for also the Phys/Myst Defense, with the idea that as soon as it would be recalculated it would be overwritten by a proper value... But for Physical Armor, the value could remain here, so we changed the default... Should be corrected on next release.&nbsp; Many issues can be solved by going in the sheet settings, and making a "recalc"

Edited 1644140257
Rondragos
Pro
Sheet Author
Found a small but annoying bug: When showing Base Values, the Social defence doesn't include discipline bonuses and doesn't show them as modifiers. As they're permanent, they should be included. Another one is "resist taunt" missing in the autofill for skills.
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hello Rondragos, thanks for the feedback. I look at them and come back to you.
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hello @Rondragos, Just looked at the 2 points you mentioned: -Social Defense not including the Discipline bonuses when showing Base Value. Thanks for catching that, I had not seen this bug. Corrected, and should be published soon -Resist Taunt not in Autofill for skills: It should be... I see different possibilities: &nbsp; &nbsp; 1-There is an Autofill list just for character creation that only includes novice skills... Could be the reason you didn't have it &nbsp; &nbsp; 2-The list is not ordered fully alphabetically... It is first the list of Pure Skills, then the list of Talents as Skills... So if you scrolled the list you may have missed it. Try typing the first letters. Note that the database it is autofilling from is common to Talents and Skills, regardless of the Tier, and the dropdown is only a filter on it... So even if something is not on the dropdown, if you fill the name right it will Autofill it (in case you would give a Journeyman skill to a character in creation for example) Hope this helps &nbsp;
Hi, how do you force a recalc on a sheet? Please I can't see a button for that anywhere. Thanks.&nbsp; One issue I have is enemies (made with older sheets) damage ranks on weapons aren't being added until you go in and manually increment and then decrement the number. e.g. the sheet will show (in equipment, for an enemy with STR Step 10) something like Broadsword Dmg: 5 Step: 10 and Dagger Dmg: 2 Step: 10 (instead of 15 and 12 respectively)
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hello AL, If you go in the Parameters &gt;Sheet you have a dropdown of special functions. One of them is recalc. Also just for my understanding, can you describe the actions you took with this older sheet ? I'd like to understand how it is possible that the calculation is off... FYI, any time the system detects an old sheet, it triggers an import function to convert to current version... and the recalc is part of the import function, so I'd like to understand the loophole that leads to non calculated sheet
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I just want to note that most special functions have a button associated with them. Recal does not. If the dropdown is set to anything other than recalc, then setting it to recalc forces the recalculations. If it is already set to recalc, then setting it to something else, and then back to recalc will force the recalculations.&nbsp; Also, this is something I have seen before. Really old characters that have not yet been used in this version will have most steps wrong, and a recalc needs to be done. However a recalc SHOULD have been a part of every sheet update, so don't know why the recalc was not already done. This wil need to be looked at again.&nbsp;
Jiboux said: Hello AL, If you go in the Parameters &gt;Sheet you have a dropdown of special functions. One of them is recalc. Also just for my understanding, can you describe the actions you took with this older sheet ? I'd like to understand how it is possible that the calculation is off... FYI, any time the system detects an old sheet, it triggers an import function to convert to current version... and the recalc is part of the import function, so I'd like to understand the loophole that leads to non calculated sheet Hi, so Recalc is selected by default from the dropdown, so if I open that drop down and just click recalc again, nothing happens / nothing is fixed. There is also an issue of the PD being 1 lower than usual on "old sheet" creatures, again when I raise and lower it again it fixes itself.&nbsp; As for the actions I took with the old sheet, I just filled it in as usual so for equipment I'd add something, name it, add the weapon's damage step and then the sheet would correctly show the total final step. In the new sheet that doesn't happen.&nbsp;
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If it is already at recalc, you need to set it to some other option, then click out of it so that the Do SF button appears, and then set the dropdown to recalc again. Just going from recalc to recalc directly does nothing in html.
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hello AL, Thanks so much for the bug report... Both the Weapon and Defense were cases I had never caught... They should be corrected with next release, sorry for the inconvenience