Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

BECMI Character Sheet - Can the Authors come up?

Hello!  I'm looking to discuss the BECMI character sheet with the listed authors:  BECMI Authors: Allen Maher, Aqua Alex, BiscuitCookie If you're one of those authors, can you join this thread? I have a couple of quick questions about armor types and values.  Thanks!!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Brad, You might send a PM to <a href="https://app.roll20.net/users/1048758/aquaalex" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/users/1048758/aquaalex</a> or <a href="https://app.roll20.net/users/857613/biscuitcookie" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/users/857613/biscuitcookie</a> (these were the only two userid's listed for the sheet...) and/or state the issue or question specifically and maybe someone else can comment. Cheers
Hi Vince, thanks a lot for the recommendation (I've done as you suggested). The question I had was regarding the drop-down list of armor types.&nbsp; There's a LOT of overlap in terms of armor with identical AC, armours whose AC values are incorrect, etc.&nbsp; There's also something wrong in the movement rate calculation when the sheet tries to calculate the encumbrance adjusted move; the values on the sheet do not match the values given in the BECMI RC chapter 6.

Edited 1636474252
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
BiscuitCookies haven't edited the sheet in 3 years , I doubt there is a quick reply, or even a moderate chance they would update it. well, I was wrong It's more likely you'll have some other sheet author to update it, if you explain in detail exactly the changes &amp; fixes you're looking for. (your "armor etc." explanation could need expansion to be actionable/identifiable).

Edited 1636471771
BiscuitCookie
Sheet Author
From what i can recall when dealing with the sheet was that a lot of the overlapping armors were from supplemental sources (added before I started on it). The first 6 in the list are the ones used in the RC. As for encumbrance movement can you give an example of how it it's incorrectly calculating it? The only problem I found now that it decreases movement at 400 instead of 401, at 800 instead of 801, etc. and the only other problem that I checked was that movement goes negative when you go over 2400 enc. but that probably also sends the message that you can't move at that point.
Hi Andreas - Sure thing! I wasn't aware of how sheets worked on the backend, so please forgive me. The specific issue is this: "The 'combat' tab drop down menu for suit armor is a mess; there are armors with duplicate Armor Class values, which isn't a problem itself but since the list is not sorted by AC it makes it difficult to know what option is closest to what the character actually equips.&nbsp; There are also armors whose AC values are incorrect per the 1991 BECMI Rules Cyclopedia book chapter 4, which is a much graver concern.&nbsp; Finally, it seems as though the armor drop down is including the encumbrance of the chosen armor type, which causes problems with inventory management and may be contributing to the encumbrance problem.&nbsp; I propose the following specific resolution: 1. Sort the armor drop down in terms of AC value, and put the AC in the name (ie, "Leather Armor (AC7)") 2. Ensure that the armors correspond to AC's correctly (for example, Plate-Mail should be AC3, but is currently setting the AC as 1) 3. Remove or clean up the list to remove duplicates or clarify differences (ie, between Plate and Mail and Plate-mail and platemail, as an example; I don't have the sheet open in front of me). 4. I need to check on the rule in RC, but armor encumbrance may change depending on if it's worn or carried; enchanted or not.&nbsp; With that in mind, does the armor chosen in the Combat-page armor drop down automatically update the character encumbrance? if so, it should NOT do that, and the armor encumbrance should be accounted for in inventory. Also, I apologize for how long it has taken me to respond, life will get in the way won't it?
Brad M. said: 1. Sort the armor drop down in terms of AC value, and put the AC in the name (ie, "Leather Armor (AC7)") I've changed the names and added the AC for the basic rules cyclopedia armors so they clearly stand out 2. Ensure that the armors correspond to AC's correctly (for example, Plate-Mail should be AC3, but is currently setting the AC as 1) They already had the right AC but the names weren't quite correct the names for thr RC armors are now correct 3. Remove or clean up the list to remove duplicates or clarify differences (ie, between Plate and Mail and Plate-mail and platemail, as an example; I don't have the sheet open in front of me). The duplicates are most likely I'm guessing from the converting to AD&amp;D section and or gazetteers but I don't have any of the supplements currently on hand 4. I need to check on the rule in RC, but armor encumbrance may change depending on if it's worn or carried; enchanted or not.&nbsp; With that in mind, does the armor chosen in the Combat-page armor drop down automatically update the character encumbrance? if so, it should NOT do that, and the armor encumbrance should be accounted for in inventory. The rules for armors is that they always add encumbrance even when worn (only clothes have that they don't add encumbrance when worn). I don't have PRO at the moment (and won't be buying it in the foreseeable future) so I can't properly test any more involved changes. So I can't change that auto encumbrance calc. But as a workaround you can add a negative value in encumbrance on the inventory sheet

Edited 1636742258
Hi BiscuitCookie - Thanks very much for making those changes.&nbsp; That alone will help a lot, and I appreciate it. EDIT: how would I go about getting the ability to make changes? Could I "clone" the existing sheet into my game and make changes to my cloned copy?&nbsp; Thank you again for all of your assistance thus far. Cheers Brad

Edited 1636742991
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Brad M. said: Hi BiscuitCookie - Thanks very much for making those changes.&nbsp; That alone will help a lot, and I appreciate it. EDIT: how would I go about getting the ability to make changes? Could I "clone" the existing sheet into my game and make changes to my cloned copy?&nbsp; Thank you again for all of your assistance thus far. Cheers Brad You can copy code from the roll20's github repo ( BECM folder )&nbsp; the latest un-merged pull req is here . and paste the code into a Custom game.(html,css, translation if it exists)&nbsp; I would recommend making a new game or at least making a copy of an existing game and change it to a Custom game before making changes to the sheet's code. You can use a text editor offline(then copy, paste, save) or roll20's code editor directly to make changes. You can also use roll20's sandbox to make editing a bit faster, but you won't be able to actually play in the sandbox. (but it's hand for editing) Cheers
Thanks to BiscuitCookie for the work! &nbsp;It saves me a ton of time trying to learn how to do this myself. &nbsp;I have a couple issues, maybe you can tell me what me and my group are doing wrong, or maybe this is a bug. When I or my players select an armor type (say, platemail) when we close the sheet and come back, the armor selection has changed. &nbsp;Usually to banded mail. &nbsp;So every time we open a character sheet, we have to go back and re-select the appropriate armor. Also, AC and move_enc are not passing though from the Character Sheet to the token. &nbsp;HP passes through and updates, (center circle above the token) but the left and right circles don’t. &nbsp;I use the right one for AC and the left for move_enc. &nbsp;Neither passes through and have to be entered separately. Any ideas to fix or work around? Don’t mean to nitpick but it is an annoying piece slowing out games down. Thanks Brandon