Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Setting has_bright_light_vision through API has no effect?

Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When I create a token with has_bright_light_vision=true, or set this token field to true through the API, the player cannot see through the token. The setting seems correct when inspecting the token, but it has no effect. Is that me doing something wrong, or is it a known bug?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Known bug. UDL via api is foobar. If you open the token settings and save (even without making changes) it will probably honor the UDL settings (at least the last time I checked weeks ago), though obviously that is not a solution. The devs have been aware for a couple months. They put out a patch that fixed part of it several weeks ago, but there are still issues. FWIW I'm still using LDL in the meantime.
Hi! Deepest apologies that API for UDL has been so finicky as of late- but our developers are currently working on this. It took us a moment to determine the source of the bug, but now that we've found it we can get to properly squashing it! Keep an eye out for updates, they should be hitting relatively soon. (And again, thank you for your patience while we were bug hunting!! We greatly appreciate it.)
David M. said: Known bug. UDL via api is foobar. If you open the token settings and save (even without making changes) it will probably honor the UDL settings (at least the last time I checked weeks ago), though obviously that is not a solution. The devs have been aware for a couple months. They put out a patch that fixed part of it several weeks ago, but there are still issues. FWIW I'm still using LDL in the meantime. And yet we have prominent members of the community who promote UDL as totally fine and useable when stuff like this clearly makes it not unless you go full manual and have direct access to each players browser to shut off their ad blockers which remove UDL on demand giving them full view of the map.  
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
DM Eddie said: And yet we have prominent members of the community who promote UDL as totally fine and useable when stuff like this clearly makes it not unless you go full manual and have direct access to each players browser to shut off their ad blockers which remove UDL on demand giving them full view of the map.   You can turn off dynamic lighting with NoScript (on Firefox anyway) for LDL as well.  That isn't particularly new.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Katie Mae said: Hi! Deepest apologies that API for UDL has been so finicky as of late- but our developers are currently working on this. It took us a moment to determine the source of the bug, but now that we've found it we can get to properly squashing it! Keep an eye out for updates, they should be hitting relatively soon. (And again, thank you for your patience while we were bug hunting!! We greatly appreciate it.) Glad to hear, Katie Mae!