Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[13th Age] Animal Companions

Trying to create a Power to represent an animal companions attack, but running into two problems: - to hit should be a flat +5 and allies don't get the escalation die bonus (AFAIK), but if I put in a +5, it rolls d20+5+escalation_die - the damage is a flat 1d8, so I have [[1d8]] but it looks ugly on the character sheet 
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I ignore the Character Sheet and create Animal Companions as monsters. I’ve done it with the Default Roll Template for my old campaign, and with Scriptcards for my current campaign. I can share with you if you like when I get home. 
Please do

Edited 1638009571
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
On the Attributes & Abilities tab, create an Ability, perhaps called "Attack", and put this in the body.  &{template:default} {{name= @{selected|token_name} Attack }} {{Attack= [[ 1d20 +5 ]] vs AC }} {{Hit= [[ 1d8 ]] }} 
Thanks!
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Ceti said: Thanks! You’re welcome. I have a Library game with lots of monsters prepared like this. If you want to see it, I’ll invite you & make you a GM. 
Alan S.
Pro
Sheet Author
Any time an escalation die is added to an attack when you don't want it to be, you can also just subtract it back out by using -@{E-DIE}.
How do you create a 13th Age Monster?
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Dr DM said: How do you create a 13th Age Monster? To whom is your question addressed?

Edited 1638314018
You! I'm having a devil of a time trying to automate anything in 13th Age. It's very annoying not being able to tie tokens to NPCs and creatures.

Edited 1638321225
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Using this as an example,  Dire Rat From age to age, dire rats vary in size. In this age, they’re only half as big as they sometimes get, but they’re also twice as vicious.   13th Age Core   1st level Mook   [Beast] Initiative: +2   Infected Bite +5 vs AC   — 4 ongoing damage.   Nastier Specials Squealing Pack Attack:   This creature gains a +1 attack bonus per other dire rat engaged with the target it’s attacking.   AC   15 PD 15 MD 10 HP   6 (mook) Mook:   Kill one   dire rat   mook for every 6 damage you deal to the mob. Create a Journal entry named "Dire Rat". I tag it "Beast", "Mook", "1st". On the Attributes & Ability tab, create Attributes named npc_Level, npc_Init, npc_AC, npc_PD, npc_MD, & npc_HP. Populate them with the level, initiative, AC, etc., values. Create Abilities named "Initiative", "M:InfectedBite", "NS:SquealingPackAttack". Initiative /w gm &{template:default} {{name= @{selected|token_name} }} {{Initiative= [[ 1d20 +@{npc_Init} &{tracker} ]] }}  M:InfectedBite &{template:default} {{name= @{selected|token_name} Infected Bite }} {{Attack= [[ 1d20 +5 ]] vs AC }} {{Hit= [[ 4 ]] ongoing damage }}  NS:SquealingPackAttack &{template:default} {{name= Squealing Pack Attack }} {{Note= This creature gains a +1 attack bonus per other dire rat engaged with the target it’s attacking }} 
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
A Pro subscriber can replace the Default Roll Template with, for example, a ScriptCards macro, as follows: !scriptcard  {{ --#leftsub|@{selected|token_name} --#rightsub|Melee --#title|Infected Bite --=Attack|1d20 +5 --=Hit|4 --+Attack|[$Attack] vs AC --+Hit|[$Hit] ongoing damage }}
Oh, I get it. You're creating a Character, but you're ignoring the "Character Sheet" tab. I thought you were doing something fancy with Handouts. Thank you very much, this is very helpful.
Alan S.
Pro
Sheet Author
For anyone running 13th age with a pro account, I've made a version of the character sheet that adds in a bunch of stuff that the official sheet was missing, including better support for calculating attacks, magic items with integrated bonuses, and more.  Among other things, it includes options for custom attack bonuses that don't use the escalation die, which is exactly what the original poster needed. html code here css here (from roll20 github) Translation here  (also from roll20 github.  Only English is supported)