Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Sandbox Won't Restart

Edited 1638296222
Mark
Pro
None of my scripts run, and I can't get the Sandbox to restart. Edit: scripts appear to be working on one of my active games, but not the other two. Perhaps coincidentally, I am the creator of the two games that aren't working. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue?
Dumbhuman
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I'm not sure how to troubleshoot, but I can confirm I'm getting similar behavior and just came here to look for solutions.  I'm the creator of the two games I've tested so far. My API Output Console is completely blank for the games that I've checked. Loading a character into the games and hitting Restart API Sandbox does nothing to change the API Output Console. API Scripts seem to be running fine in one game (where they've existed for a long time). In another game where I just started to add API Scripts this morning they appear to install correctly from the drop down menu but don't work in game.  Token-Mod didn't even populate its help journal in that game.
I see similar behavior - API Output Console is blank in all games, and restarting seems to do nothing.
Gold
Forum Champion
eeek I have the black API console.... On 1 that I'm GM, and one that another Roll20 PRO friend is GM'ing.  I was just teaching him about API's today, and it's not working the usual
I've opened a bug thread on this here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10527566/api-not-working" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10527566/api-not-working</a>, and have logged a service ticket on it.
Thank you, Edward!
Hi friends! We're aware of this issue and are working to fix it ASAP! We'll keep you updated as soon as we learn more. Thank you for your patience, and sorry for the impact in your games.&nbsp;
Eve
Roll20 Team
As an update to what Katie Mae said a few minutes ago this should now be fixed! If you're still experiencing issues please try clearing your cache and cookies then try again. Thank you!
It's working!&nbsp; Thank you for your quick response!
Not for me !
It worked... Then it's not working anymore.

Edited 1638314497
Eve said: As an update to what Katie Mae said a few minutes ago this should now be fixed! If you're still experiencing issues please try clearing your cache and cookies then try again. Thank you! I have cleared my cache and cookies and am still having issues. I have also followed all steps in the Roll20&nbsp; API Issues guide. What should I do to fix this? EDIT: I restarted my computer and it fixed itself. Don't know why that's often the solution with Roll20 problems.
Not working for me either. My game is called Testbed.
Not working for me either, any solutions for sure?

Edited 1638319409
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
Can't get the sandbox to start on my game either... There was &nbsp; a sandbox attached to my game when I started it up, as I could run !api commands, but it isn't taking updates on the script panel. I have a custom script with a "!crashsandbox" for testing, so I ran that and it indeed crashed the sandbox but it won't start a new one. Since I was trying to test updates to my ScriptCards API, the previously running sanbox wasn't useful :) note: tried multiple PCs, cleared caches, etc.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Same here. API scripts are "working", but unable to restart or recompile scripts from the console.
Just to be clear, the sandbox is working fine, we just can't see it.&nbsp; The restart button was fixed with the cookie/data reset btw.&nbsp; But the actual sandbox does not populate any details to the user, if your api heartbeat api says the api is crashed, just use the restart button, otherwise hit restart if scripts aren't working.&nbsp; All that is bad now is the actual web page showing us what error has fired.&nbsp;&nbsp;
I just cleared cache and cookies as suggested and am still having the issue. Button simply does not restart the sandbox. It does nothing. Thanks, Hunter
Same issues as OP.&nbsp; Clearing cache hasn't fixed this issue.&nbsp; Haven't been able to spin up an API sandbox all day. This problem is NOT fixed.
Adding that I am having the same issue. My Lost Mine game which I have had forever runs the APIs just fine even though the sandbox is blank. Created a new game today to prep for this weekend and not only is sandbox blank but no APIs work. Typing code into the chat just shows up blank.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
My 13th Age Glorantha library game is now having the problem, which it wasn't earlier today. C'est la vie. Here's the details link for the Roll20 staff: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2117951/13g-vault" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2117951/13g-vault</a>

Edited 1638337878
Ivo
Pro
Same here, API wont start, tried everything, sound the Klaxon! EDIT: Ok, so the API is working, we just get no feedback in the API window
My game I was running tonight was working fine, but about halfway through doorknocker stopped working for me. Restarting the sandbox did not work and I just cleared my cache and cookies to no avail.
It would be nice to have an update from the Roll20 team. But maybe they are in the US timezone? Could you confirm there's a problem and you're working on it? Because your last message was "problem solved!", which is not the case on my side.
still not working for me
Is it possible to have an update from the Roll20 team ? WTF happening with the API.
I run a software company and if I allowed what is happening right now to their highest paid customers, I would have fired the lead developer and reverted the patch.&nbsp; This is literally the worst possible thing you can do during the holiday season when people have money to play around with.&nbsp; You are essentially telling all of your pro subscribers to take the plunge and buy Foundry by leaving your product dead for 24 hours straight.&nbsp; For the love of god please, I'm begging you hire someone who knows how to manage development.&nbsp; This isn't even the first time in 2 months that you guys have done this to the paying customers.&nbsp; You sat on that macro patch for days before giving up and reverting, this time around its just flat out dead, your product is literally dead for 24 hours and you still allow it to sit in this current version, revert the damned thing so we can use your product, or don't and justify me hitting the cancel button later today when I'm still unable to prep for thursdays session.&nbsp;&nbsp;
I totaly agree with you Eddie. If the soft was free, i could understand the delay and lack of communication, but this is a 50 $ subscription ! At least their should be an early announcement to inform that the soft is down for a period of time. RPG is all about having 4 to 6 people meeting together and find an appropriate date to connect. With that kind of mess, that ruins sessions and sessions and it takes a lot of time to reschedule again and again ! I will surely install my games on foundry as fast as i could.&nbsp;
I am a new user. I took advantage of the promo to take the 1 year subscription for $89 3-4 days ago. So far, my experience is very bad:&nbsp; Yesterday, I wasted 3 hours trying to figure out why the API scripts were working every other time, before seeing on this forum that it was coming from the server. Still today, it's not clear if there is a problem on the server. I think I have 15 days to request a refund. How often do you have problems like this? In my opinion, for this type of problem, you should send an email to your pro subscribers. It would have saved me 3 hours yesterday... I can fully understand that you're working hard on a tricky problem. But it's not normal that you don't inform your users other than by a very vague post on a forum which says "This should now be fixed, thank you!"
I can confirm issue remains after browser cache and cookie clear&nbsp; (Chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 64-bit as well as Edge, Version 96.0.1054.34 64-bit) and subsequent system (Win10) reboot.&nbsp; No API console output and no API functionality within games. That being said, @drloser I think some of the reactions on this thread are a bit overblown.&nbsp; I found out last night when we started up our regularly scheduled game.&nbsp; When we realized that all the pretty bells and whistles were broken, we played our game in the good "old-fashioned" way by clicking on attacks and abilities directly from the character sheet, rolling our own initiatives... putting up with no area-of-effect API for spell-casting.&nbsp; Seriously, it wasnt the end of the world.&nbsp; "Theater of the Mind", people.&nbsp; Nobody whined and we had a great time. It'll get fixed.
I understand @TCM. But on my side, I was creating a new game, and trying to configure some API scripts.&nbsp;As it was my first time, I thought that the problems came from my browser or from the way I configured the scripts. I'm not exaggerating when I say I wasted 3 hours trying to figure out what was going on. And finally, in desperation, I found this forum. I'm sure it will get fixed, but imo they should send an email to their customers when this kind of issue happens.
I think one of the Its fixed just do this things is because the developmental server API is working just fine whereas many of us are still having issues where macros are working but several of the api empowered bulk macros and other things are not
Eve
Roll20 Team
Hey folks, I'm really sorry that there wasn't a response here sooner! I've gathered everyone back up and we're investigating what's gone wrong.
Eve
Roll20 Team
This is now working again. I'll be following this thread throughout the day to keep an eye out so please let me know if you continue to have any issues after clearing your cache and cookies.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Working for me, thx!
I was still having problems 5 minutes ago, had cleared cache, restarted several times over the last 20 hours. What fixed it for me was coping the game that was having trouble, this fixed the API in both the original game and the copy.
Eve
Roll20 Team
Eric H. said: I was still having problems 5 minutes ago, had cleared cache, restarted several times over the last 20 hours. What fixed it for me was coping the game that was having trouble, this fixed the API in both the original game and the copy. Thanks for letting us know. I'll pass that along in case there are some edge cases still lingering out there.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Andrew R. said: My 13th Age Glorantha library game is now having the problem, which it wasn't earlier today. C'est la vie. Here's the details link for the Roll20 staff: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2117951/13g-vault" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2117951/13g-vault</a> It's all good now.&nbsp; Restarting sandbox by user request... detected currently running sandbox... restarting "Loading character sheet data..." "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 138 translation strings to worker..." "ŦŦ SelectManager v1.0.9, 2021/10/6 ŦŦ -- offset 0" " &nbsp; _____________________________________________&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;)_________________________________________(&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;)_____________________________________(&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;___| |_______________| |___&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |___&nbsp; &nbsp;_______________&nbsp; &nbsp;___|&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; | |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; | |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; | |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; | |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; | |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ______________|_|_______________|_|_______________ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; " "-=&gt; libTokenMarkers v0.1.1 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Wed Dec 30 2020 02:10:29 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "&nbsp; &gt; Loaded 121 Token Markers." "-=&gt; TokenMod v0.8.72 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Tue Oct 05 2021 19:07:14 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-=&gt; ScriptCards - 1.4.0e by Kurt Jaegers Ready &lt;=- Meta Offset : 4738"