Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cannot Drag Tokens onto Map

Edited 1638321905
Thought this was just a glitched sheet in one game, but this issue is happening for all my sheets no matter the game
Update number 1: I CAN drag retaken images from my personal library, but I cannot drag them from sheets. which is still problematic when i'm operating party npcs, personal pcs whose images were not in my library, and/or tokens otherwise not directly taken from my library. It also means that I would need to have shared DM privelages, which is obviously problematic on several levels
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Is there a reason you are dragging images from sheets? That's not intended procedure.
also having issues pulling my tokens from the sheets. but pulling from the library does still work thankfully. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
FWIW, tokens cannot be pulled from sheets. Only unlinked graphics. Tokens can only be pulled from the Journal Tab. That is why I asked the question I did. Those of you who are having an issue placing tokens, please list the reproduction steps in detail. If I can help, I will.
Same issue here. Noticed it last night. Must started sometime after the 27th as I was in a game that day and there were no issues. I can pull tokens from the art tab but not the journal. Via journal tab I've tried pulling them directly without opening the character sheets (mousing over them produces the 3 lines used to organize them in the journal tab) - Note that this method hasn't worked in journals for a long time but works in art tab. I've tried opening any character sheet and pulling the token from that (clicking and dragging the tiny box next to the image with arrows pointing to the corners) - This method reliably worked until I noticed it failing last night. Also... Your language related to the mechanics of the program isn't clear to me.  When you say tokens can't be pulled from sheets I must be misunderstanding some terms here. In the journal tab, when I click add [character]... Is that a sheet to you? Are unlinked graphics the images from the art tab? "Tokens can only be pulled from the Journal Tab" Does this mean that we should have been able to pull directly from that tab without opening the sheet [clicking on the character and pulling from that window onto the board] for some time now? I think when users including myself speak of tokens we mean token images wherever they are. So there can be token images in the art tab [no issues here] and/or tokens in the journal linked to a character[page/sheet?]. The issue being that token images in the Avatar section of the character sheet aren't able to be moved onto the grid. Firefox 94.0.2 (current) Windows 10 (fully updated afaik)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, I see your issue. When dragging from the journal tab, you need to drag from the name. Dragging from the three bars, as you noted, activates the re-ordering behavior. You can do one or the other, but not both. If you open the character sheet (which is a specialized form of journal), you supposedly can drag the image from the bio page onto the VTT, but that is an image only, not the default token. It does not represent the character, and has no links or pre-defined size. If by token we mean an image that represents a character and has links to sheet values and a specified size, they can only exist as a reference in the character sheet. Dragging from the open sheet only places a graphic, dragging from the name in the journal tab tells roll20 to use that stored graphic to put a token on the VTT that matches all the characteristics you saved as a "default token". You probably know a lot of stuff in the links below, but they might clarify some points in token setup and usage: Here is the wiki article on  Linking Tokens to Journals Here is a  video  which demonstrates the procedure
Yes. The journal tabs are the sheets. The images are the tokens M_Leon246 said: Same issue here. Noticed it last night. Must started sometime after the 27th as I was in a game that day and there were no issues. I can pull tokens from the art tab but not the journal. Via journal tab I've tried pulling them directly without opening the character sheets (mousing over them produces the 3 lines used to organize them in the journal tab) - Note that this method hasn't worked in journals for a long time but works in art tab. I've tried opening any character sheet and pulling the token from that (clicking and dragging the tiny box next to the image with arrows pointing to the corners) - This method reliably worked until I noticed it failing last night. Also... Your language related to the mechanics of the program isn't clear to me.  When you say tokens can't be pulled from sheets I must be misunderstanding some terms here. In the journal tab, when I click add [character]... Is that a sheet to you? Are unlinked graphics the images from the art tab? "Tokens can only be pulled from the Journal Tab" Does this mean that we should have been able to pull directly from that tab without opening the sheet [clicking on the character and pulling from that window onto the board] for some time now? I think when users including myself speak of tokens we mean token images wherever they are. So there can be token images in the art tab [no issues here] and/or tokens in the journal linked to a character[page/sheet?]. The issue being that token images in the Avatar section of the character sheet aren't able to be moved onto the grid. Firefox 94.0.2 (current) Windows 10 (fully updated afaik)
keithcurtis said: Ah, I see your issue. When dragging from the journal tab, you need to drag from the name. Dragging from the three bars, as you noted, activates the re-ordering behavior. You can do one or the other, but not both. If you open the character sheet (which is a specialized form of journal), you supposedly can drag the image from the bio page onto the VTT, but that is an image only, not the default token. It does not represent the character, and has no links or pre-defined size. If by token we mean an image that represents a character and has links to sheet values and a specified size, they can only exist as a reference in the character sheet. Dragging from the open sheet only places a graphic, dragging from the name in the journal tab tells roll20 to use that stored graphic to put a token on the VTT that matches all the characteristics you saved as a "default token". You probably know a lot of stuff in the links below, but they might clarify some points in token setup and usage: Here is the wiki article on  Linking Tokens to Journals Here is a  video  which demonstrates the procedure Thank you for that. I was having the same issue with my own created monsters and tokens. I  used to have to copy them from the "character sheet." I now see how to copy them over without opening from the sheet. This was driving me crazy for the past week.