Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 Not Loading

I get to the black screen that says loading... and get no further. Anyone else experiencing this?
I tried turning off all scripts, still not working
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Is this for all your games, or only one?  So far, I seem to be able to log into a game without any issues.

Edited 1638375853
Had only been trying in one game, our weekly one, but checking... other games load. Our one campaign is not loading at all today.
Is there a fix to one game not loading? Had 5 people struggling with it for two hours with no success. We had to go to another VTT to play our game today. Two of us are Pro members here. Doesn't feel good to have to find another service instead of the one that we are supporting.
Eve
Roll20 Team
What's the name of the game? I'd like to take a look at what's going on here.
Ironclaw: The Shade's Tale
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There are a number of people reporting that their games will not load if they are using the third party extension VTT Enhancement Suite. If you are running this extension see if disabling it fixes the issue.
Never used that extension, so that's not the case for me.
Eve
Roll20 Team
Thanks, that game is ancient! I think you've been on Roll20 even longer than me which is honestly a bit of a feat. Good news is that I've found a solution for your game not loading. Essentially because of how old the game is it's struggling to connect with our database. If you go to Settings > Copy Game however and make a new copy of the game it should load fine.
Hey, Roll20 is my VTT of choice... I'm not going anywhere! Thank you, it seems like that worked!
Eve
Roll20 Team
You're welcome, thanks for confirming it worked! If you have any other games that struggle to load give copying them a shot first and then reach out through the help center  with a copy of your console log if the issue continues.
Gold
Forum Champion
Wow, how old of game could have THAT issue? My oldest game on here is "2E Tavern", I believe. It loaded fine as-of Roll20CON weekend.  It has more than 100 players, and Journals, and dozens of Pages. 
Not sure, I prolly made it around when I joined as we were looking to move off of Maptools at the time... ironically due to their connectivity issues. So, a bit over 9 years old? Best guess...
Eve
Roll20 Team
Gold said: Wow, how old of game could have THAT issue? My oldest game on here is "2E Tavern", I believe. It loaded fine as-of Roll20CON weekend.  It has more than 100 players, and Journals, and dozens of Pages.  We'll just say it had a Game ID in the lower half of 4 digits. I'm honestly impressed.
I had the same problem. I turned off the VTT Enhancement Suit Plug-in and the problem is fixed.