Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Music is bugging

Good evening. Our campaigns has following problems: We use a Folder for Songs for just hearing, if the GM has to pause or something. For that, we use the "Random"-Option. For a long time, it worked without issues (or minor issues at max). But in the last few days, it got worse. First that happened: Before the issue, if you leave the game as last person, as soon as the next person gets in, the last music continued playing from the point it was leaved. This player was able to quit the music, since it was still showed in the Jukebox. Now you can't quit it anymore and it is not possible to press the "Stop"-Button from the song inside the folders (even though that option is visible, it doesn't work). Worse: Not only do you have to wait until the song ended - The moment you try to play another song (for In-Game Purposes i.e.) the music from before starts with this song, too. After a few times, it finally worked. We agreed to "Last person stops the music" to avoid it. But now the same problem appears when someone logs in. So... it became unbearable. We have to delete songs so we were able to continue our games normally. We can add the music back, but it is still a pain in the... So, please fix^^' Thank you Defgir
I've noticed the same thing. Glad it's not just me lol. Hope they get it sorted soon.
So, the problem got worse: Now it is irrelevant if someone logs in, out or something - Now it just happens if you just choose to play a Playlist.
I agree, same here. The box shows nothing is played, but we here the music when logging in.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
You should use the Help Center and Send a request to get the attention of the Roll20 team. It's community support here. If you've already done so, my apologies. 
Oh, thank you for helping. Didn't know that^^ Do it right away.
So a temporary fix to this, if you delete the offending playlist it seems to "clear" your playlist.  You can then play music as normal.  Also, I think if you make sure to "turn off" your playlists before you leave the game (as DM) it keeps this from happening. (I haven't tested my theory yet though)
This isn't happening with playlists anymore. This happens with songs at all, we need to coordinate the logins and logouts just so that won't happen again.
It got even worser! Even a deleted song continues playing. Relogging doesn't always help!
Well, just now we were listening to some music. Nothing special about it. Then I accidentally hit the 'Back' button on my mouse - an then all hell went loose. When I re-logged the same song was playing when I left the game. When I started a new song  - it was the same as the one that was playing before. I deleted it as I was used to. Then i started an new song an - the song I had just sent into nirvana was playing once again . Only after deleting it one more time I was fixing this bug. Please - it is really annoying. Look into it. Your players would appreciate it.
Also got this posted here with repro steps and a temporary fix:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10552609/jukebox-playing-two-songs-over-each-other-even-when-only-one-should-be-playing-one-i-selected-and-one-from-the-last-time-i-used-it/?pageforid=10563085#post-10563085" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10552609/jukebox-playing-two-songs-over-each-other-even-when-only-one-should-be-playing-one-i-selected-and-one-from-the-last-time-i-used-it/?pageforid=10563085#post-10563085</a>