Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

No Shuffle Deck?

I have a deck I created to show Victory Points.  I want to be able to draw through the deck in the same order every time (0 through 20) to show victory points gained and put cards back to show victory points lost.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the "shuffle" and I can't figure out how to put specific cards back.  The "cards" are not actually dealt to the players.  I made the fronts match the backs so as each card is drawn the next number displays.  However that only works once and then it shuffles! Your help is my only hope Obi Wan!
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Not sure about not-shuffling the deck, but if they aren't cards to be dealt to the players, could you accomplish the same thing with a multi-sided token? Then I think it's pretty easy to modify the side currently displaying, even using math to trigger the next face. (Would probably require TokenMod, perhaps Fetch and a few other metascripts.)
Alan S.
Pro
Sheet Author
This feels like a feature that roll20 should have:  I've added a suggestion thread here .
I did exactly that.  The issue is the multi-sided token is not always visible like the deck is when using dynamic lighting.  
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
You can turn on Token Emits Light - Bright Light at a distance of 0 ft. Then it is visible, but doesn't reveal any of your map.
timmaugh said: You can turn on Token Emits Light - Bright Light at a distance of 0 ft. Then it is visible, but doesn't reveal any of your map. I had to set the token to have vision (Dynamic Lighting), but with a range of zero feet and give the player control.  Now they can see the Victory Point token in an area of darkness if they want, but their main character token still controls what they actually see from a map standpoint.