Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rolling all skills at once for 5e OGL Sheet

My current game needs a macro that rolls a characters entire list of skills at once. Everything I find has a slow drop down select menu or involves just spamming the chat with individual rolls. Is there a way to have a 1 click solution that rolls all 18 skill checks at once?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Maybe an API script(pro req.) like [Script,Snippet] Blind Checks would work?
Kooskoos said: My current game needs a macro that rolls a characters entire list of skills at once. Everything I find has a slow drop down select menu or involves just spamming the chat with individual rolls. Is there a way to have a 1 click solution that rolls all 18 skill checks at once? Use a default template, have each line be {{Skillname="The copied entry in each "skill roll" entry in the third tab of each players sheet"}} Make sure you do not do anything that makes you use html escapes or else you will break the keys when that player toggles advantage.  Do not use api.  API for a while crashed often if you overloaded it with rolls but it seems their method of solving this issue was they made it ignore overflow requests and it just flat out ignores stuff now if you overwhelm it.  The default roller handles mass rolls fine though.   The Blindchecks api above rolls just twice, advantage/disadvantage.  Then applies the mods for a characters full sheet to those two d20 rolls.  I hope that is what you really want as I cannot even imagine what you would need a full skill set rolls for and would be a horrible way to steal player agency if you are doing this yourself whispered.  
The Blindchecks api above rolls just twice, advantage/disadvantage.  Then applies the mods for a characters full sheet to those two d20 rolls.  I hope that is what you really want as I cannot even imagine what you would need a full skill set rolls for and would be a horrible way to steal player agency if you are doing this yourself whispered.   It's just something involving downtimes. Currently they take up half of every session. They players asked for a way to streamline it so we can get back to roleplaying.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Here's a simple version of what DM Eddie was talking about. I only filled in the first three skills, but just keep following the pattern. &{template:default} {{name=All Skills}} {{Acrobatics=[[1d20+@{selected|acrobatics_bonus}]]}} {{Animal Handling=[[1d20+@{selected|animal_handling_bonus}]]}} {{Arcana=[[1d20+@{selected|arcana_bonus}]]}}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Note that you may need to account for special character abilities, such as Jack of Trades or Reliable Talent.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
DM Eddie said: The Blindchecks api above rolls just twice, advantage/disadvantage.  Then applies the mods for a characters full sheet to those two d20 rolls.  I hope that is what you really want as I cannot even imagine what you would need a full skill set rolls for and would be a horrible way to steal player agency if you are doing this yourself whispered.   I modded the script for PF and we use it often.  It's handy if you do not want a player knowing exactly what they are rolling for and/or what they actually rolled.  ie Stealth vs Perception (that sort of thing).  Definitely not used all the time.

Edited 1640838530
I mainly use it for insight vs charisma shenanigans.  Oh also obviously death saves cause not knowing if you are about to die is awesome.