Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][Paid][DND 5E] Herraheim Calling; Original Homebrew Setting (Fri, Sat, Sun) [Beginner and LGBTQ+ Friendly]

Edited 1644237576
"We were born into this world, blessed with the power of Gods. It is our duty, no, our right to rule. I was born of pure blood, granted great power by our common ancestor Einreide. I will claim my birth right, even if I must cleave through you to do it" &nbsp; Hraezlyr, the Frigid Tyrant, to Tore, the current&nbsp;Hirðeinn under the High King. 521 AE. Payment must be resolved at a rate of 15$ per session to the Dungeon Master before playing. This transaction will be done through Paypal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce private arrangements. Welcome to my Humble Abode&nbsp;Traveler &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I am HeirofSolaire, a full-time Dungeon Master and World Builder. I have over 3,000 hours of DMing on Roll20 alone and have been playing TTRPGs for several years. I emphasize freedom for my players; ensuring the greatest level of autonomy is available. Combat and Roleplay focus will be entirely dependent on the party, save for fringe cases. There's something for everybody here in my campaign! &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Herraheim exists within a vast Archipelago known as the Fellajar. Whether you arrived on the emerald shores of Herraheim by ship or by birth, a grim truth looms in your mind. Your presence in Herraheim has forever sealed your fate here. A wretched curse was placed over the land in ages past. None may leave, lest their lives be forfeit to the land of Herraheim. Even realm travel cannot save the accursed residents of Herraheim from its clutches. So why have you come here? "Whether allured by the promise of religious freedom; untamed fertile land; vast knowledge buried in ruins of ancients; wealth to be claimed; the rumors of glory to be earned in war; the possibility of a new start; or through birth; you have something to claim in the harsh yet beautiful land. Regardless of where you ended up in Herraheim, you are intrigued by finely dressed officials handing out a parchment to any who'd listen. A contract offered by a reputable noble of a port city. You decide to hear him out, venturing to the north western tip of the continent to Strondheim. &nbsp; As you arrive in the splendor of the Hold, you recall the intriguing, yet vague call to action posted across the land. Offered by a Baron, Fahnleade. The contract speaks of a reward none can refuse for a task well performed. The monetary value and the task are not detailed. The only clear information was a place and time to meet, the very manor of the Baron on the 30th of Rainswrath. With passing interest or great intrigue, you step into the port city of Strondheim. Immediately, it becomes clear you are not the only one desperate, foolish, brave, or curious enough to answer the Baron's call. The city folk are tense and unwary, surrounded by hooligans and riffraff seeking their fortunes. Few that dot the crowded streets can be inferred as 'Noble' or 'Righteous.' Stepping further into the poorly kept squabble of the common district, you see near the edge of a sheer, limestone cliff; A wide, venerable house. Undoubtedly, the Baron's estate. What yet lies ahead? Only time will tell." Services I am always available to answer questions Opportunities for optional 1-on-1 sessions will be available for the standard rate Sessions will be 4-5 hours 1-on-1 Sessions will be 1-2 hours Session 0 is Absolutely Free Why Pay Custom Stories - The events will form around your Characters; Background and Goal specific arcs will be available over the course of a campaign. Living World - The world feels lived in; Herraheim is not just a module, but a world. Each NPC you come across has their own goals and personality. Immersive - All NPCs will be voiced by me; I am an actor type and know how to do a plethora of voices and inflections which will be used to give the world of Herraheim some additional flavor. Reliable -&nbsp; I am a reliable Dungeon Master in both my quality of content and attendance. If you want a consistently good time, I'm your man. Respect - When you pay for a campaign, you are all here for the same reason; to play DND. You can be rest assured that players will be reliable and respectful of each others time due to the monetary commitment. Character Creation If you're new to D&amp;D or to Roll20, I can teach you about the Modified 5E System and Roll20 off the clock. This extends beyond Session 0. Players will begin at level 3 Stats will be rolled; Arrays with more than one &lt;10 Roll will be re-rolled. HP will be rolled; 1s and 2s will be re-rolled. I own most of the Core Content Books; PHB, XGTE, TCE, VRGR, MTF, ERLW, VGM. These will be available for easy access. Homebrew Classes will be available later down the line; When a Class is released, players will be given the option to respec. Content All Official WotC Content is permitted, with the exception of the Battle Master Fighter. Homebrew and Unearthed Arcana content is permitted with approval. We will be using altered rules that improve upon the 5E RAW. How I Run the Game I use logic within reason for my rulings. We will be using Discord Voice instead of Roll20 Voice. Food &nbsp;and&nbsp; Ammunition &nbsp;must be tracked.&nbsp; Weight &nbsp;will not be tracked outside of "Reasonability." Lifting Boulders or snatching entire Vaults of Gold for example.&nbsp; Stealth&nbsp; and&nbsp; Perception &nbsp;have been altered slightly. Players now have&nbsp; Passive Stealth &nbsp;equal to 8 + Stealth Mod. Additionally, during&nbsp; Active Stealth , if a creature you are trying to hide from becomes&nbsp; Alert ;&nbsp;you have one opportunity to challenge its&nbsp; Active Perception &nbsp;with Active Stealth. If you exceed its Active Perception with your Stealth Roll, the Alert creature returns to a Passive state. Resting &nbsp;and&nbsp; Survival &nbsp;have been made significantly more involved, while expediting some of the monotony. We will be using a modified Resting rule set that uses some of the punishing aspects of Gritty Realism, while making it less punishing and more interactive.&nbsp; Good-Berry &nbsp;will not be ******. Disease &nbsp;and&nbsp; Permanent Injury &nbsp;are a risk to Players; To increase severity,&nbsp; Paladin's Disease Immunity &nbsp;is being culled, as is Lesser Restoration's and Lay on Hand's ability to remove Disease.&nbsp; Greater Restoration&nbsp; can cure any disease and even restore missing limbs. Alchemy ,&nbsp; Herbalism ,&nbsp; Smithing ,&nbsp;and&nbsp; Enchanting&nbsp; have been greatly expanded upon. Time frames to complete a project is reduced to at most a week. Ingredients can cost a fortune or be found if you know where to look.&nbsp; Rules Be Kind and Respectful to other Players. You don't pay - You don't play. Absences require Notification more than one hour before we start. Don't be Late. Three Strikes of any of the above and you will be kicked and blacklisted. Exception to the above - Life Happens. Sometimes, things occur that are out of our control. If you are late or absent, do not ghost me; tell me. If your absence was understandable, such as a family emergency, then all will be forgiven up to a reasonable limit. Racism and Sexism result in immediate ban. You have been warned. Sexual harassment of my players will also result in immediate ban. You have been warned. Other forms of harassment will result in immediate action. You have been warned. Open Sessions Friday at 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM PST, Weekly; 3 Slots of 8 Filled;&nbsp; In Progress <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/315626/herraheim-calling-fri-2pm-pst" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/315626/herraheim-calling-fri-2pm-pst</a> Friday at 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST, Weekly; 4 Slots of 8 Filled;&nbsp; In Progress <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/305467/herraheim-calling-fri-7pm-pst" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/305467/herraheim-calling-fri-7pm-pst</a> Saturday at 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM PST, Weekly: 0 Slots of 8 Filled:&nbsp; TBA <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/315627/herraheim-calling-sat-1pm-pst" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/315627/herraheim-calling-sat-1pm-pst</a> Saturday at 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM PST, Weekly: 7 Slots of 8 Filled:&nbsp; In Progress <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/315628/herraheim-calling-sat-6pm-pst" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/315628/herraheim-calling-sat-6pm-pst</a> Sunday&nbsp;at 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM PST, Weekly: 0 Slots of 8 Filled:&nbsp; TBA <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/315633/herraheim-calling-sun-1pm-pst" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/315633/herraheim-calling-sun-1pm-pst</a> Sunday&nbsp;at 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM PST, Weekly:&nbsp; 4 Slots of 8 Filled:&nbsp; In Progress <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/315635/herraheim-calling-sun-6pm-pst" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/315635/herraheim-calling-sun-6pm-pst</a> Application Preferred Name Age Session(s) you're applying for Experience with DND Experience with Roll20 Give me a Character Concept. No, not just Class and Race. I want to know who this character is. It doesn't need to be an essay, something that's a paragraph or 2 giving me some jist of what's going on will be satisfactory. I do still need a class and race, but it should not be the major focus of your concept. You can submit your application here&nbsp;or to me on Discord HeirofSolaire#5845 Discord is preferred as it establishes direct communication with greater frequency.
The Saturday Evening session is now at 5 out of 8 players in preparation for the Session 0 coming this January 8th. Get in quickly to be part of the Session 0 where everyone will have the opportunity to talk to each other and maybe even make character bonds and connections prior to the first game session.
There are now 6 in the Saturday Evening session. As a reminder, the Friday sessions, despite being in progress, are open to new applicants. Neither of them are so far in progress that new applicants would be irrecoverably out of the loop. Most of the sessions have been faffing about, character sessions primarily involving roleplay.
The current player counts are now at: 5 Players are playing out of 8 in the Friday Afternoon Session which runs from 2:00 PM PST to 6:00 PM PST This game will resume on Friday, January 7th. Paused due to the Holidays. 4 Players are playing out of 8 in the Friday Evening Session which runs from 7:00 PM PST to 11:00 PM PST This game will resume on Friday, January 7th. Paused due to the Holidays. 6 Players are playing out of 8 in the Saturday Evening Session which runs from 6:00 PM PST to 10:00 PM PST This game will begin on Saturday, January 8th with a Session 0. 1 Player is applied out of 8 for the Sunday Evening Session which runs from 6:00 PM PST to 10:00 PM PST Earliest start is Sunday, January 9th. Requires 4 committed applicants to begin.
Happy New Years everybody! I still need players for both Friday Games and for the Saturday Evening Game! All other games need at least 4 committed applicants to start. New Year, more DND, more new experiences, more new friends and connections. Let's try to make it a good 2022 one step at a time!
We are now at 7 players for the Saturday Evening Session, we're almost to maximum capacity! The Sunday Evening Session is getting ever closer to also having a date for a session 0 set up. Only a few more applicants are required to get the ball rolling.
We are now on the week where all games will be resuming and the Saturday Evening Group will be having it's Session 0. Apply quickly to get in with these groups before we resume! The Sunday Evening Session still needs several applicants in order to pursue a Session 0. Let's get the ball rolling for that group.
There are still openings for all sessions
The current player counts are now at: 5 Players are playing out of 8 in the Friday Afternoon Session which runs from 2:00 PM PST to 6:00 PM PST This game will resume on Friday, January 7th. Paused due to the Holidays. 4(~5) Players are playing out of 8 in the Friday Evening Session which runs from 7:00 PM PST to 11:00 PM PST This game will resume on Friday, January 7th. Paused due to the Holidays. 7 Players are playing out of 8 in the Saturday Evening Session which runs from 6:00 PM PST to 10:00 PM PST This game will begin on Saturday, January 8th with a Session 0. 1 Player is applied out of 8 for the Sunday Evening Session which runs from 6:00 PM PST to 10:00 PM PST Earliest start is Sunday, January 9th. Requires 4 committed applicants to begin.
Its the last day before all games resume and the second to last day until the Saturday game starts. Apply quickly to get in before we resume or start.
The current player counts are now at: 5 Players are playing out of 8 in the Friday Afternoon Session which runs from 2:00 PM PST to 6:00 PM PST This game will resume on Friday, January 7th. Paused due to the Holidays. 6? Players are playing out of 8 in the Friday Evening Session which runs from 7:00 PM PST to 11:00 PM PST This game will resume on Friday, January 7th. Paused due to the Holidays. 7 Players are playing out of 8 in the Saturday Evening Session which runs from 6:00 PM PST to 10:00 PM PST This game will begin on Saturday, January 8th with a Session 0. 2 Player is applied out of 8 for the Sunday Evening Session which runs from 6:00 PM PST to 10:00 PM PST Earliest start is Sunday, January 9th. Requires 4 committed applicants to begin. We only need 2 &nbsp;more players for the Sunday Evening Session to begin with a Session 0 as early as Sunday the 16th. Depending on how quickly we get players, it is more likely we will be starting roughly on Sunday the 23rd.
All groups still need committed players. Both Friday Games are sitting comfy at 5, but they still have 3 open slots. Neither has progressed so far as to leave new applicants out of the loop. The Saturday Evening Game is sitting at 6. One play was no Response during the Session 0. 2 Open slots for new applicants! The Sunday Evening Game is still on standby, waiting for 2 players so we can pursue a Session 0. Apply Soon so we can get this ball rolling!
All games still need more applicants.
Both Friday Games still have open slots. The Saturday Evening Game is now full. The Sunday Evening Game is in desperate need of 2 players so we can get the ball rolling with a Session 0.
Still need people for all slots.
All groups still need players, except for the Saturday Evening Group. Sunday Evening is still floating at 2 players out of the 4 necessary to start a session 0.
We are now at 3 out of 4 for the Sunday Evening Group to be able to start. Apply sooner rather than later as the final applicant essentially determines how soon the Session 0 will be.
Still only need 1 more applicant to start a Sunday Evening Game. The soonest start time would be the 29th. More likely is the 5th of February.
All games except the Saturday Evening Game have open slots. Sunday Evening is the most in need so that it can pursue a Session 0.
The Sunday Evening group finally has enough players to pursue a Session 0. The date of said Session 0 is currently going to fall on the 5th of February. Apply soon to take part in the Session 0!
There are still openings for all games except for Saturday Evening. Sunday Evening will be starting on the 6th at 7:00 PM with a Session 0 before reverting to 6:00 PM as with the normal schedule on the following week.
Both the Friday Games are in need of new players to partake in their merry adventures. They both have a great dynamic of fun and welcoming people who would love to have some new friends come aboard.
Both Friday groups need players to bolster their ranks. The Sunday Evening Group will be starting this upcoming Sunday, apply soon to partake in the Session 0.
We are approaching the Session 0 of the Sunday Evening Group. Apply before Sunday to take part! Both Friday Groups are still in need of new players. Join the adventure!
All Groups have openings.
The Sunday Evening Group has had its Session 0 as of Sunday the 6th. Despite this, it is still 100% open with 4 more slots for those who wish to join the adventure! The same goes for all other groups, don't be shy!