Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need help pulling sheet info from a question in a question

This screenshot is my macro in notepad, the line breaks simply help me when I'm trying to work on them, I know I can't leave them in & it's a simple fix. The problem is that I run through the macro, all of the questions are populated correctly with all the correct options & sub options, but what's output into the chat is just the purple bar with "Firebird Resists", nothing else. If I break it down to just output everything, it works fine, but I don't want to clutter up the chat when I know this is possible. Additionally I'm attempting to setup one macro bar button to handle the saves for both of my characters, so once I fix one character, I'm just gonna copy/pasta for my second.
Also, I don't know how to send the html code into the forums without it being automatically converted, that's the reason for using that screenshot.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Post your code as text not a screenshot. When youre writing a post, directly above the writing window is a bar of formating buttons - B, I, U, etc. The button at the very left is a dropdown menu - you can click Code, to create a code box in your post - anything pasted in there shouldn't get processed, That 4th line, with the 3 } entities: should there by 2 of those not 3?

Edited 1641461745
{template:default} {{name=**?{Who |Firebird,Firebird** Resists}} {{**?{Attacked? |Targeted,AC**=[[10+@{Firebird|Dodge}]] |AoE,AC**=[[d20+@{Firebird|Dodge}+5]]}}} {{**?{Save |Toughness,Toughness**=[[d20+@{Firebird|Toughness}]] |Fortitude,Fortitude**=[[d20+@{Firebird|Fortitude}]] |Will,Will**=[[d20+@{Firebird|Will}]] |Dodge,Dodge**=[[d20+@{Firebird|Dodge}]] |Professor Bonds,1}}} {{?{Notes}}}
{{**?{Attacked? |Targeted,AC**=[[10+@{Firebird|Dodge}]] |AoE,AC**=[[d20+@{Firebird|Dodge}+5]]}}} This part you're referring to has 3, 1 for closing the Attacked question, and 2 for closing the line started at the attacked question
Thank you, while that wasn't the problem, when I recopied the code & put the opening & closing questions in bold it showed me that I was missing a }
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i'm glad you got it sorted
I've said it for a few years now & it always stands true, whenever something is wrong in the macro it's always something tiny