Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using Add-ons Maps and displaying them on the map layer

I'm absolutely new to roll20 and was gifted the curse of strahd add-on and I'm wondering how to display the map needed from journal on the map layer.

Edited 1641628461
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Azul! You say you got the addon. I'm assuming this is the map addon? Just a word of warning: If you already have the module, you do not need the map addon, and in fact, adding it to your module-based game can really mess it up. If you already have the module: See if you can seek a return or exchange on the addon. Those assets are already in your game. If you do not already have the module: Congratulations, these are excellent maps. The addon put them into your game already on page. Go to your page menu (the blue tab at the top of the screen) and click on it, You should see all of the maps already installed. Clicking on one will take you there. Dragging the red player flag on to a page will take your players there as well. As you are brand new to Roll20, I'm going to post my welcome blurb below. It's filled with all kinds of useful links. I would suggest at least taking the tutorial, and watching an introductory video. And please feel free to ask questions! There are lots of helpful folks here. First off: Welcome to Roll20! If you are looking for a quick hands-on introduction I would recommend taking the  Tutorial . For a more in-depth guide, you can check out the excellent  Tutorial Videos  by Carlos Luna on Youtube, or my own video,  Starting from Scratch . Additionally, starting your own test game to play with different features and controls is a great way of getting used to the software and layout! If you are ready to jump into some adventures, check out the  Looking For Group Tool  and  Looking for Group Forum  daily for games that may be of interest to you. Also, be sure to fill out your  User Profile ! Your "Bio" is where you have a chance to catch a GM's eye with a well-written statement about yourself The "Enjoys Playing" section is important for two reasons: Every entry you put here is a data-point for  The Orr Group Industry Report  of games being played, and it lets other people looking at your profile know a bit more about you The "Actively Seeks Group For" section is where you can add yourself to the  Player Directory  for systems you want to play We also have a  wiki  and a  Help Center  where you can find answers to a lot of your questions! However, if you can't find an answer, feel free to post in our  various sub-forums  based on their particular topics. Completely new to Role-Playing Games? Check out our  Introduction to Tabletop RPGs  wiki page. Good luck (and loot) on your adventures!