Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hey just wondering if anyone could add me to a game quickly having problems.

Im only in one game atm, and when i try to load in i just get a black map, tried all the fixes listed was just hoping i could try another map and see if that works. very new to this all and would appreciate the help, cheers in advance
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you are the GM of the game, try deleting the chat archive (on the games launch page, under Settings dropdown). It might not fix this, but it is often a fix for weird game corruption problems, so it's worth a try.
Not the GM cheers for trying to help, just made a game and checked it out and could see everything there so maybe its just the game ive joined.

Edited 1641643340
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Talk to the game's creator /or GM and see if you are set on a map page that has either dynamic lighting or fog of war enabled. If so then you will only see black till the fog is removed or the game creator /or GM gives your token sight or a light source.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here's a "why can't my players see anything?" checklist. The important thing is to verify . Don't assume. This list is written with GMs in mind, but can help you work through issues with your GM. The token is on the VTT It is assigned to the character The player has control over the character The token is on the Token/Object layer It is not blocked off by DL lines from seeing the immediate surroundings Make sure the player is looking at their token's immediate area. Shift-Click and hold on the token to pull the player's view to that area. If Fog of War is being used, that the area the token is in has been cleared The player has not been Split from the Party (Check the Help Center if this is unfamiliar) If Dynamic Lighting of any kind is being used: The token has sight turned on The token has a light source, or Nightvision (UDL) or personal light (LDL) In UDL it may be necessary to move the token one square to get everything working, or in extreme cases, refresh the (user's) page.
Wade P. said: Im only in one game atm, and when i try to load in i just get a black map, tried all the fixes listed was just hoping i could try another map and see if that works. very new to this all and would appreciate the help, cheers in advance Can you see a rotating cube in the following URL? <a href="https://get.webgl.org/" rel="nofollow">https://get.webgl.org/</a>

Edited 1641683259
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks for the reminder, DMEddie. I've been meaning to put that link into my checklist.