Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New Character Sheet Functionality (jQuery/Google Fonts) Improvements

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The addition of Google Fonts and jQuery-like functionality is great, but they seem to be about half-implemented (probably slightly more, but the fact remains there are some things left on the table, and some of them make are necessary if we want to leverage their full potential). jQuery-like stuff : 1. Include the ability to recognize the CMD button; I realize this is a Mac thing, but Macs can't use the Control key for the jQuery functionality; never mind that that the Mac Ctrl and the Windows Ctrl have the same "value," people using a Mac use Cmd the way Windows users use Ctrl. Without Cmd, we can't really map a Ctrl key to a character sheet function, because people on Macs wouldn't be able to use it, so we are left with effectively 2 keys we can map. 2. Allow us to know the rowID of an action button clicked from within a Repeating Section. Being able to bind functionality to keys being pressed when the button is clicked is awesome, but many of those buttons may reside in a repeating (such as weapons, etc). Without the Row ID, we can't really use this functionality to its fullest with repeating sections. Google Fonts : The addition of Google fonts is great and has made sheet design much better. However, there are a couple of things that could be improved: 1. Stop throwing out fonts that contain "eval" within the name of the font. For example, we can't use "MedievalSharp", because of eval...it throws the entire CSS out the window. 2. Include the google Material Icons as part of this. Pictos is so limited in terms of icons available, having access to all the google Material Icons would be amazing.

Edited 1641766727
John D.
Pro
Sheet Author
+1000 on the icons.  The well of Pictos icons runs dry real quick. Finderski, do you mean "roll" buttons in repeating sections?  I can see "action" button details captured in eventInfo of repeating sections but not roll buttons.  However, roll button details do appear outside of repeating sections. I didn't realize J-Query had some support.  I'll have to look into that!  ;)  Edit I was just reading the jQuery wiki and see what you're talking about now, i.e. " The contents of individual repeating items can't be targeted or reacted to." Sounds very limited indeed. Especially as I make great use of repeating sections. Without that support this feature does not seem very useful. Still, I'll play around with it and see how much milage I can get out of it. 

Edited 1641788249
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yes to all of these! I'll throw in that all the Jquery stuff needs to be able to give and receive the repeating section details. Additional jquery issues that need to be fixed are: The jquery implementation needs to accept CSS selector syntax (e.g. .my-div[value="1"] , or .repitem[data-groupid="-223098jlkjOI"] ) The jquery implementation needs to be able to act on everything in the iframe, just like our CSS can. Without those two improvements, jquery is relegated to pretty much just being used as an alternate method for implementing tabbed sheets and controlling sheet styles for sheets that support multiple systems or have multiple display modes. Now, to find a vote I can get rid of to move it over here! (EDIT: Vote found!)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As a Mac user, I endorse this message and throw the full weight of one of my remaining votes behind it.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Character sheet jQuery events now support the Command key on MacOS devices. I'm aware that this suggestion included more than this, but I'm closing now to refund your votes. The other items are on our radar for future development, but nevertheless feel free to create separate threads for either!