Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Disable specific features of the compendium

Edited 1641681794
Hello, I was playing with my group last weekend and one of the players looked up the creature they were fighting in the compendium and was told the party what its strength and weaknesses was. My question is there a way to disable or hide the ability for my players to look up monsters in the compendium? Yes I talked to them about this but I don't know if I can trust them to not do it again. Granted if they really wanted to look it up they can google it but I think not having the ability to look it up in the game would deter them from doing it at all. Edit: Thank you for the replies. Hopefully they won't do it again after the talk I had with them.

Edited 1641659531
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I believe you can disable compendiums to specific games in the game settings (outside the game) but I'm not 100% as I do not play games that have compendiums here.

Edited 1641662087
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can disable specific compendium sources within the game. I would suggest only doing this at game time since you will lose in-game access to them too. But realistically, there are so many ways a player can look up this information, even in those paper things everyone used to use. The only way to curb this behavior is to have a frank conversation with them and tell them it's Not Cool.