Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I received an entire campaign from a friend... is there a way to download its resources?

Hello, everyone! :-) As the title says, my friend "passed me" an entire Curse of Strahd campaign therefore none of the resources are in my library right now. I'd like to download all the content (maps, tokens, sound effects, etc.) but I do not know how or even if I can. Can you help me? Thank you in advance!
Aoichi said: Hello, everyone! :-) As the title says, my friend "passed me" an entire Curse of Strahd campaign therefore none of the resources are in my library right now. I'd like to download all the content (maps, tokens, sound effects, etc.) but I do not know how or even if I can. Can you help me? Thank you in advance! Just build it from scratch with access to the actual book.  The act of pulling everything out then reinserting it elsewhere would be far more work than going full start from scratch.  For battlemaps and quest hooks theres far more content free available online on social media.  Find the resources that dm's share with other DM's after running the various published modules, typically places like reddit, r/name of module.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's a situation that likely skirts just to the other side of Fair Use of the resources, at any rate.
Gold
Forum Champion
There are 2 ways, depending on how your friend gave you the Curse Of Strahd campaign. If your Friend was the GM, and wants to let you be the next GM, your friend can use "Promote To Co-GM" for you on their installation in Roll20.  From there you will be able to fully run the campaign and access all the resources of it. If your Friend sent you a Gift of the CoS campaign from the Roll20 Marketplace, then in that case you'll want to do "Create Game" on your account, and Choose Module: Curse Of Strahd.
Keith
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I would be really careful here.  This likely violates the terms of service in some way.
Keith said: I would be really careful here.  This likely violates the terms of service in some way. You see, the entire campaign is in Spanish and I speak Italian, so I might work a lot with Google translate! T_T I was thinking about creating my own campaign at this point because there's much work to do that starting from scratch is almost the same. Hence this topic. Gold said: There are 2 ways, depending on how your friend gave you the Curse Of Strahd campaign. If your Friend was the GM, and wants to let you be the next GM, your friend can use "Promote To Co-GM" for you on their installation in Roll20.  From there you will be able to fully run the campaign and access all the resources of it. If your Friend sent you a Gift of the CoS campaign from the Roll20 Marketplace, then in that case you'll want to do "Create Game" on your account, and Choose Module: Curse Of Strahd. Funny story, my friend was the GM but he also received the whole campaign from another person that now is not active. XD
Aoichi said: Keith said: I would be really careful here.  This likely violates the terms of service in some way. You see, the entire campaign is in Spanish and I speak Italian, so I might work a lot with Google translate! T_T I was thinking about creating my own campaign at this point because there's much work to do that starting from scratch is almost the same. Hence this topic. Gold said: There are 2 ways, depending on how your friend gave you the Curse Of Strahd campaign. If your Friend was the GM, and wants to let you be the next GM, your friend can use "Promote To Co-GM" for you on their installation in Roll20.  From there you will be able to fully run the campaign and access all the resources of it. If your Friend sent you a Gift of the CoS campaign from the Roll20 Marketplace, then in that case you'll want to do "Create Game" on your account, and Choose Module: Curse Of Strahd. Funny story, my friend was the GM but he also received the whole campaign from another person that now is not active. XD Irresponsible session sharing at its finest.  They really need to crack down on co-dm's.  Like limit it to pro only or limit everyone to only be able to share X amount of sessions and have it grow as their account life grows, each month along with roll20 reserve they can assign one more co DM.  There are entire discord communities out there with 30+ DM's operating off the same plus account.  Keep that in mind when your pro session you pay for is dealing with massive lag on a friday/saturday night session.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The closest control that exists on that is Compendium Sharing slots.
Gold
Forum Champion
Aoichi said: Gold said: There are 2 ways, depending on how your friend gave you the Curse Of Strahd campaign. If your Friend was the GM, and wants to let you be the next GM, your friend can use "Promote To Co-GM" for you on their installation in Roll20.  From there you will be able to fully run the campaign and access all the resources of it. If your Friend sent you a Gift of the CoS campaign from the Roll20 Marketplace, then in that case you'll want to do "Create Game" on your account, and Choose Module: Curse Of Strahd. Funny story, my friend was the GM but he also received the whole campaign from another person that now is not active. XD Same 2 options, really. Ask the original GM to promote someone new to Co-GM on the old campaign, or, Whichever of your GM group that owns the Curse Of Strahd module from Roll20 Marketplace, that person can install as many campaigns of it as they want. For example someone new ("Ready GM 3") in the group could install Curse Of Strahd, then use Character Vault to transfer character sheets from the old campaign. Anyone (or your whole group together) can pool up for the gift to give Curse Of Strahd from Roll20 Marketplace to your next / newest GM.