Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spawn a gif

Edited 1641767583
Hi,  i'd like to use spawn script to spawn a gif, but it always stops afetr the first loop.  Is there a way to have it run infinitely once spawned (i actually spawn an animated portal) Thanks for your replies EDIT : Just in case, My gif is a Character token. It has a running loop as a default token too...
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
This is a long-standing bug in the Roll20 api, and is not specific to the SpawnDefaultToken script. Sometimes it plays once, sometimes not at all. You can usually click on the token and press the "play" button to start a repeating loop after spawning, but animations and the api do not play nicely together as a general rule. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yeah, AFAIK, the API can't start/stop gif animations either, so the spawn thing might be the only case.